pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, S & G said:

They opened a case for me to track the package... not able to tell me more. sigh...

Did they tracked your package already? I’m in K1 Visa also and my visa will be expiring in Feb.2nd. Don’t worry about your wife as long as u fullfilled the requirement of getting married within 90days. We filed also this month 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

Did they tracked your package already? I’m in K1 Visa also and my visa will be expiring in Feb.2nd. Don’t worry about your wife as long as u fullfilled the requirement of getting married within 90days. We filed also this month 

Yes, I tracked and called USPS, it will take them 2-3 business days to search and said not sure where is the package now. 

Since all my forms and paperwork is lost in somewhere and therefore, I will not receive my NOA1 soon,  my time is running short. 

I am thinking to send another package out tomorrow by FEDEX, really hope I can make it by 2/8.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, S & G said:

Yes, I tracked and called USPS, it will take them 2-3 business days to search and said not sure where is the package now. 

Since all my forms and paperwork is lost in somewhere and therefore, I will not receive my NOA1 soon,  my time is running short. 

I am thinking to send another package out tomorrow by FEDEX, really hope I can make it by 2/8.

YOu can make it.☺️ We sent ours through DHL. We’re just waiting for noa1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, S & G said:

Your package is not lost. Do not stress yourself sending another package as this may cause some confusion with USCIS. Your package will be delivered eventually.  My package was also delayed by USPS and an inquiry was opened after which it was delivered 5 days later to Chicago. I I mailed my packed on December 28th(Priority Mail) and the expected date of delivery was January 2nd, it was delivered on January 7th. It took almost two days after an inquiry was opened for the status of my package to be updated.

Also, you will not get the call from USPS as promised at the scheduled time. I received a call from them two days ago asking to close the inquiry since my package has been delivered.

Just relax  and give some 5 days added timeline for the delivery. Goodluck

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hey y'all! 

Sent off package 01/12 USPS priority

Delivered 01/16 now I'm just waiting 

Using lawyer and filling concurrently i130, i485, i765, i864 didn't file i131

Husband is active duty any other military personnel here? Also aos from h2b so no k1 is the process the same? Lawyer told us not to send proof of bona fide marriage and that we just need to take it to interview. Our marriage is legit been together almost 7yrs got married July 2017! I'm relieved now that the package has been sent but now anxiously waiting. I didn't do one of those g forms so how can I check for received/acceptance or do I just gotta wait for hard copy? Congrats to all newly wed and good luck to all!

3 minutes ago, Stewt said:

Hey y'all! 

Sent off package 01/12 USPS priority

Delivered 01/16 now I'm just waiting 

Using lawyer and filling concurrently i130, i485, i765, i864 didn't file i131

Husband is active duty any other military personnel here? Also aos from h2b so no k1 is the process the same? Lawyer told us not to send proof of bona fide marriage and that we just need to take it to interview. Our marriage is legit been together almost 7yrs got married July 2017! I'm relieved now that the package has been sent but now anxiously waiting. I didn't do one of those g forms so how can I check for received/acceptance or do I just gotta wait for hard copy? Congrats to all newly wed and good luck to all!

If you didn't fill out the electronic notice form then yes you just wait for hard copies. :) Good luck and glad to have you here with us all for this crazy process. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, pajobra said:

If you didn't fill out the electronic notice form then yes you just wait for hard copies. :) Good luck and glad to have you here with us all for this crazy process. 

Thanks I hope it will be a speedy one for us and not too crazy! The waiting is going to kill me Dwl 😂

3 minutes ago, Stewt said:

Thanks I hope it will be a speedy one for us and not too crazy! The waiting is going to kill me Dwl 😂

lol Well like my husband says at least we are together for this part. I came down on the K-1 Fiance visa and being apart while waiting really was not fun at all. lol

Timeline
8 minutes ago, pajobra said:

lol Well like my husband says at least we are together for this part. I came down on the K-1 Fiance visa and being apart while waiting really was not fun at all. lol

I can imagine! I've been waiting for a few yrs as my husband was not a usc when we first started dating. It's refreshing to have found others in the waiting game as me to help keep me sane during this process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 2:55 PM, Nathan&Amy said:

We mailed in our I-485 on December 28 via USPS Priority (not sure when it was delivered). Got the confirmation email and text on January 9, and the cheque was cashed on January 10. Have not received the I-797 yet, but have been checking the USCIS case status search and finally today (January 16) it updated to show they received the case on January 8.

We did not file the I-131 and I-765 at the same time as the AOS, so we are working on submitting that now.

Got paper copy of I-797! in yesterday's mail, 01/17/2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/15/2018 at 9:23 PM, Journey to Wells said:

EVERYONE!!!!! Just now at 11:20PM, I received a text saying they've received our application and will be sending an I-797!!!!!!! ONE STEP CLOSER!!!! :D:D

Nice! Got the text and email on Monday around the same time, too! One step closer. :D

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Timeline
49 minutes ago, lafe4c said:

Yayy!!! Picked up the I-797C in my mail box this morning.  it was delivered yesterday.

Surprisingly, my PD was January 5th. USPS delivered the package on January 7th. Fingers crossed and hoping that the biometrics notice will come so fast.

Good luck everyone.

Nice!! One step closer 😄

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/17/2018 at 12:09 PM, S & G said:

HI everyone! I need your comment please...

I mailed out the documents on 1/10 by USPS and still showing "transit to Chicago" when I track it. When I call the bank, cheque has not been cash out yet....

My wife K1 visa will be expiring on 2/8 and I am afraid she will need to leave the country if this doesn't get to USCIS on time. 

What should I do? 

Don't worry about this. Like the other poster said, just call USPS and let them sort this out. I got to the US in August and my visa expired in November. Did not file AOS until 2 weeks ago. Your wife won't have to leave the country and you should have no issues regarding this matter as long as you got married within 90 days from her date of entry. She just can't *legally* work yet, or get an ID or a driver's license, but she should be fine as long as she doesn't get herself in trouble.

I read that it only becomes a problem when the beneficiary has accrued 180 days of unlawful stay.

Anyway, this thread should provide more info:

AOS, EAD and AP packet sent: 01/03/2018

NOA 1 date: 01/12/2018

NOA 1 hard copies: 01/19/2018

Biometrics appt letter: 01/26/2018

Biometrics appt sched: 02/05/2018

AOS interview letter sent by USCIS: 02/27/2018

AOS interview letter received: 03/05/2018

AOS interview sched: 04/03/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.