dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2018

1,330 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

Hello Guys, 

as I am looking to start my NVC phase , i should be getting my case number hopefully end of this week or next week , 

I am curious how long is NVC taking  to CC a case now a days ? from scan date 

is it still 8-11 weeks ? or they actually speed up lol ? 

also any tips would be good on " speeding " it up would be good 

Hello, I would also download a sample ds-260  application to be familiarized with the information requested. Good luck

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Deegee said:

Hello everyone, 

Called NVC ... n got good news..

CC on 1/26

SD  - 12/ 08

Consulate -Mumbai

took 7 weeks!

Congratulations 🎊

9 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

You need a job in the US or a co-sponsor.

You need to be domiciled in the USA. Read that up on the internet.

"domicile requirement for affidavit of support"

you will find a lot of informative 

Hi Michael,

I was reading that on the NVC website or maybe it was the uscis and I remember seeing there were exceptions if you didn't live in the US but it didn't say foreign income is 0. I kind f assumed it but I would assume my savings should cover it passes the poverty line. We sold our flat in preparation of this move and my wife also has savings. I submitted the 864 with that info and had no problems at uscis. 

I will reach out to the embassy and see what they say. 

On on a side note has anyone noticed the 864 form on their site is expired since last year?

I130 arrived at Nebraska Service Center - March 29, 2017

NOA1 Received April 4th

Verbal confirmation petition was approved December 26th

Approval letter sent by mail on the 26th of December - still not received (live in CZ)

NOA2 Received via email January 4th

NVC received package from USCIS on January 10th (verbally confirmed on the 18th)

Case Number & Invoice # issued on January 25th but given on the 26th.

DS261 submitted on January 29th

AOS fee paid on January 31st

IV fee paid on the 3rd of February - received the email this morning as well with the fee. Money taken out of account on the 6th.

IV fee shown as paid and DS-260 open on the 13th of February. 

DS-260 submitted on the13th February

IV and AOS documents mailed on the 13th February 

Scan Date February 17th. 

CC February 28th :)  

Interviewed scheduled on the 17th of March for April 3rd. 

Interview completed and visa approved on April 3rd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lazybones18 said:

4-7 weeks 

Took me 5 weeks 

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Mido&Emi said:

between 6 to 11 weeks. Mine took 8 weeks

Thanks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
52 minutes ago, AndresP said:

Hi Michael,

I was reading that on the NVC website or maybe it was the uscis and I remember seeing there were exceptions if you didn't live in the US but it didn't say foreign income is 0. I kind f assumed it but I would assume my savings should cover it passes the poverty line. We sold our flat in preparation of this move and my wife also has savings. I submitted the 864 with that info and had no problems at uscis. 

I will reach out to the embassy and see what they say. 

On on a side note has anyone noticed the 864 form on their site is expired since last year?

1. Yes you can use your assets. If it is cash, they will want 12 months statements and average them out over 12 months.

2. If you have property, you need an professional appraisal.

You need assets that are 3 times the amount you need to cover for the 125% of poverty guidelines.

As for domicile, you need to re-establish it before or at the same time as your beneficiary. And you need to have documents to proof it.

It is complex and you should google it.

Edited by Michael2017

14 hours ago, kubes said:

We'll see. I don't have a case number yet. And I just hit the 3 weeks since the nvc has received it. How is it going on your end with the new system. Scanning and everything? do they really approve the doc days after you submit them?

It took us nearly 4 weeks. I called several days in a row, requested it be escalated to a supervisor for review, and 48hrs later we had our CN, IIN and could pay both the AOS and IV fees. It's only been 2 business days so they haven't yet debited my account but I'll update on how quickly it works! I am glad not to have had to wait in between paying both as we were a bit delayed getting a CN.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Question: I paid the AOS and IV fee (strangly they are not taken from the account but saying paid...)

But I have not got an AOS or IV bar coded cover sheet. When in the process will we receive that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mrandmrsR said:

It took us nearly 4 weeks. I called several days in a row, requested it be escalated to a supervisor for review, and 48hrs later we had our CN, IIN and could pay both the AOS and IV fees. It's only been 2 business days so they haven't yet debited my account but I'll update on how quickly it works! I am glad not to have had to wait in between paying both as we were a bit delayed getting a CN.

So you first pay the fees and then you can upload your docs. Niice. Yes definitely keep me posted. 

Ours was sent to the supervisor last week. Nothing yet. I really hope i don’t have to wait 6 weeks. 

30 minutes ago, Tejts said:

Guys , we just got email with interview date💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

1st SD - Nov 16th

2nd SD - Dec 28th (check list- missing i184a form )

CC - Jan 24th

Interview scheduled - Jan 30th

Interview date - March 22nd

Embassy: in Belgrade , SERBIA

Correction guys , I see now they scheduled interview yesterday but we got email today 🤷🏻‍♀️ I mean nothing new, it happened before that email comes day after ! 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to everyone with CC and interview dates. Has anyone received a checklist (second scan date) and tried calling NVC or tried speaking to a supervisor? I wonder if speaking to a supervisor speeds things up? Generally how long it took to get CC from second scan date?

My original SD was December 14

Checklist January 10

Second SD January 16

1 minute ago, aindian310 said:

Congrats to everyone with CC and interview dates. Has anyone received a checklist (second scan date) and tried calling NVC or tried speaking to a supervisor? I wonder if speaking to a supervisor speeds things up? Generally how long it took to get CC from second scan date?

My original SD was December 14

Checklist January 10

Second SD January 16

See my post above yours. I posted whole nvc process with dates. From first sd to check list we had 5 weeks, and from second sd to cc we had 4 weeks . Hope it helps.

p.s. What I learnt is that , unfortunately there’s nothing you can do to speed it up. You just have to wait !

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tejts said:

1st SD - Nov 16th

CC - Jan 24th

Congratulations  :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
11 hours ago, iheartspink said:

Hey. I'm in the exact same situation. My SD is 12/06/17 and I received and email about them not receiving my ds-260 on 01/02/18... I really don't understand how some people with earlier SDs have already got a CC but I'm still waiting. Exact same situation. All we can really do is wait and pray that things will work out.

Did you call to make sure they recognized your DS-260, there's no shame in being a bit of a bother, this is your future and your happiness, I agree all we can do is wait, but you still have the right to know whats going on!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tejts said:

1st SD - Nov 16th

CC - Jan 24th

Congratulations 🎉🎊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.