dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2018

1,330 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Diana&Ricardo said:

Yo también 😔 esta es mi sexta semana esperando. Espero que esta sea nuestra semana.

Mine too.. :( what is your SD?

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Has anyone tried to contact the NVC regarding their case, our scan date is 12/8/2017 and we have yet to hear anything. We know it could take up to 11 weeks, but on January 6th we got an email stating our DS-260 was missing (we submitted that 12/1/2017). I can never get a straight answer out of them,  I called once after 6 weeks to be sure the document is squared away and the woman literally said "It will take up to 11 weeks so stop worrying" and that was it. When I call I always something on the lines of no one really knows or feels like checking, (well did you submit the DS-260, when did you do that?....things like that)  I feel like for as long as we've been waiting they should at least know where our documents are. They're only doing their jobs but lately it has been getting very frustrating, does anyone have any suggestions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Diana&Ricardo said:

Me too 😔 this is my sixth week waiting. Hopefully this is our week.

I'm hopeful too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 hour ago, L&J15 said:

Yes true, but in this last week there were not so many... 

And we still have many with December SD waiting...

Yep Dec 22nd is my sd

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, AndresP said:

Great to know :)  

You need a job in the US or a co-sponsor.

You need to be domiciled in the USA. Read that up on the internet.

"domicile requirement for affidavit of support"

you will find a lot of informative 

1 hour ago, Anna and Vlada said:

Has anyone tried to contact the NVC regarding their case, our scan date is 12/8/2017 and we have yet to hear anything. We know it could take up to 11 weeks, but on January 6th we got an email stating our DS-260 was missing (we submitted that 12/1/2017). I can never get a straight answer out of them,  I called once after 6 weeks to be sure the document is squared away and the woman literally said "It will take up to 11 weeks so stop worrying" and that was it. When I call I always something on the lines of no one really knows or feels like checking, (well did you submit the DS-260, when did you do that?....things like that)  I feel like for as long as we've been waiting they should at least know where our documents are. They're only doing their jobs but lately it has been getting very frustrating, does anyone have any suggestions?

We will be at 9 weeks this Friday. SD 12-1-17.  I feel the exact same way about knowing where our documents are and that they won't even look for them for us!! I think all we can do it was out the 11 weeks and then hope they do something!!  We can do it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Anna and Vlada said:

They used to tell me the same. After submitting everything, a week after I got an email saying I need to submit my ds260. I called and gave them the date I did it and they confirmed it. But they said it didnt show on their system due to issues and it will take 11 weeks to fix. 

I got CC Jan 26. I think they just say they have issues so you have a reason to wait >.>

Hi everyone!! I too had a scan date in early Dec, mine was 12/13 and on 1/12 I received that errorneous email about the DS260.  I have been calling everyday since then. And today I called at 12pm and was told that on Fri my case was sent to be reviewed. I checked at 4:30pm and guess what? AT NVC popped up on the screen!! I screamed!! Soooo case complete 6.5 weeks from Scan Date. HANG ON GUYS!!! I hated waiting all this time but omg, does it feel good to be case complete. Now its off to embassy. 

BTW, I lived in Ecuador with my spouse up until July 2017, i was working and then received a large amount of USD when I left. I moved back to the U.S. and started working at the same organization but the U.S' s office. I started working in Nov, which means I only had that months' salary pay stuff and letter stating how much i make.  I sent a letter from my ecuadorian employer providing how much I made in the months I worked, and how much was provided because I left the org.  I send a letter explaining the move and how much i made accumlated with the Ecuadorian income and my U.S. income and it seems that was ok because I just got a case complete.  oh and my taxes for my two years abroad were also foreign income.  I think its best to send a letter detailing as much as possible.  Good Luck!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrs Prestige said:

Please how long does it take for nvc to receive our case? Is it 6weeks?

4-7 weeks 

Took me 5 weeks 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, pamequez said:

Hi everyone!! I too had a scan date in early Dec, mine was 12/13 and on 1/12 I received that errorneous email about the DS260.  I have been calling everyday since then. And today I called at 12pm and was told that on Fri my case was sent to be reviewed. I checked at 4:30pm and guess what? AT NVC popped up on the screen!! I screamed!! Soooo case complete 6.5 weeks from Scan Date. HANG ON GUYS!!! I hated waiting all this time but omg, does it feel good to be case complete. Now its off to embassy. 

BTW, I lived in Ecuador with my spouse up until July 2017, i was working and then received a large amount of USD when I left. I moved back to the U.S. and started working at the same organization but the U.S' s office. I started working in Nov, which means I only had that months' salary pay stuff and letter stating how much i make.  I sent a letter from my ecuadorian employer providing how much I made in the months I worked, and how much was provided because I left the org.  I send a letter explaining the move and how much i made accumlated with the Ecuadorian income and my U.S. income and it seems that was ok because I just got a case complete.  oh and my taxes for my two years abroad were also foreign income.  I think its best to send a letter detailing as much as possible.  Good Luck!!

Congratulations to you on your CC 🎊🎊

2 hours ago, Diana&Ricardo said:

Mi sd es 12/20/2017. ¿Que pasa contigo?

Wow I have the same scanning date!!! 

Hace 1 hora, pamequez dijo:

¡¡Hola a todos!! Yo también tenía una fecha de comienzo a principios de diciembre, la mía era 12/13 y el 1/12 recibí ese correo electrónico erróneo sobre el DS260. He estado llamando todos los días desde entonces. Hoy llamé a las 12 p.m. y me disparó el viernes mi caso fue enviado para ser revisado. Lo revise a las 4:30 pm y ¿adivina qué? AT NVC apareció en la pantalla !! ¡¡Grité !! El caso Soooo completa 6.5 semanas desde la fecha de escaneo. ¡CUELGUE A LOS CHICOS! Odiaba esperar todo este tiempo, pero está bien. Ahora se va a la embajada. 

Por cierto, viví en Ecuador con mi cónyuge hasta julio de 2017, estaba trabajando y recibí una gran cantidad de dólares cuando me fui. Regresé a los EE. UU. Y comencé a trabajar en la misma organización pero en la oficina de EE. UU. Empecé a trabajar en noviembre, lo que significa que solo tenía el material de pago de salarios de ese mes y una carta que decía cuánto ganaba. Envié una carta de mi empleador ecuatoriano que me proporcionó la ganaba en los meses que trabajaba, y cuánto se me proporcionó porque abandoné la organización. Le envío una carta que explica la cantidad y el costo de la compra con los ingresos ecuatorianos y sus ingresos en los Estados Unidos y parece que estuvo bien porque acabó de completar un caso.oh y mis impuestos para mis dos años en el extranjero también fueron ingresos extranjeros. Creo que es mejor enviar una carta antigua tanto como sea posible. ¡¡Buena suerte!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :jest::jest:

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Esdubrov said:

We will be at 9 weeks this Friday. SD 12-1-17.  I feel the exact same way about knowing where our documents are and that they won't even look for them for us!! I think all we can do it was out the 11 weeks and then hope they do something!!  We can do it!

Unfortunately, I know you're right! I am so happy for all those that have been approved thus far, but sometimes it confuses be because they process them in the order in which they are received...clearly this is not the case! but hey, everyone gets their turn eventually! I hope you get your CC soon! Best of luck on your journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.