dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2018

1,330 posts in this topic

I just finished getting off the phone with NVC and they gave me my Case and Invoice #. Now to wait for the portal to open up for me. Will I have to pay by US Check or CC is fine? I am traveling next week so I want to make sure I don't forget my check book if needed.

I130 arrived at Nebraska Service Center - March 29, 2017

NOA1 Received April 4th

Verbal confirmation petition was approved December 26th

Approval letter sent by mail on the 26th of December - still not received (live in CZ)

NOA2 Received via email January 4th

NVC received package from USCIS on January 10th (verbally confirmed on the 18th)

Case Number & Invoice # issued on January 25th but given on the 26th.

DS261 submitted on January 29th

AOS fee paid on January 31st

IV fee paid on the 3rd of February - received the email this morning as well with the fee. Money taken out of account on the 6th.

IV fee shown as paid and DS-260 open on the 13th of February. 

DS-260 submitted on the13th February

IV and AOS documents mailed on the 13th February 

Scan Date February 17th. 

CC February 28th :)  

Interviewed scheduled on the 17th of March for April 3rd. 

Interview completed and visa approved on April 3rd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lazybones18 said:

NVC is slower than what people think

took me 5 months from the USCIS approval till interview date

Totally agree with you. NVC received our case in November and we are now in queue for interview. I’m hoping for March 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, AndresP said:

I just finished getting off the phone with NVC and they gave me my Case and Invoice #. Now to wait for the portal to open up for me. Will I have to pay by US Check or CC is fine? I am traveling next week so I want to make sure I don't forget my check book if needed.

No CC. You will need account and routine number to pay from your checking account. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
1 hour ago, scarlett262004 said:

Have you tried to login? I logged in right after they gave me the numbers. 

I have, many times. When I called the NVC they told me that's normal because you won't get 'added' to the system necessarily as soon as you get your case number. Will give it til Monday and see if it works then I guess 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, AndresP said:

Congrats and have a safe travel.

I called today and the representative said it should be activeted 2days ago but for some reason is not showing in both old or new system either. Yesterday they already submitted review to supervisor, and today they said the same thing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, seewolves said:

I have, many times. When I called the NVC they told me that's normal because you won't get 'added' to the system necessarily as soon as you get your case number. Will give it til Monday and see if it works then I guess 

Oh well that sucks. I’m sorry it’s not working for you right away. Hopefully it will soon. I do believe though you can choose your agent over the phone with NVC if you want to get that first step done. Some reps are nicer than others and will do it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 1/24/2018 at 2:33 PM, Diana&Ricardo said:

Hi, we received the same email last night. Just called and the rep gave me the same answer, ignore that email. Apparently it was an automatic email from their system.

I hope we hear good news soon.

sd: I'm praying for good news too. I check my status hopeful everyday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, AndresP said:

US Check or Bank account, no credit card

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Luna17 said:

Hello everyone, I am praying that we all soon get a cc and get through the interview process seeminglessly. I paid my IV fee this week and status changed to in process but received another IV invoice and status changed to pay now (not paid). I called my bank and payment is posting today. Has this happened to anyone? 

Yes, ignore it. 

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

1 hour ago, Curiousmind said:

US Check or Bank account, no credit card

Thanks everyone. 

I130 arrived at Nebraska Service Center - March 29, 2017

NOA1 Received April 4th

Verbal confirmation petition was approved December 26th

Approval letter sent by mail on the 26th of December - still not received (live in CZ)

NOA2 Received via email January 4th

NVC received package from USCIS on January 10th (verbally confirmed on the 18th)

Case Number & Invoice # issued on January 25th but given on the 26th.

DS261 submitted on January 29th

AOS fee paid on January 31st

IV fee paid on the 3rd of February - received the email this morning as well with the fee. Money taken out of account on the 6th.

IV fee shown as paid and DS-260 open on the 13th of February. 

DS-260 submitted on the13th February

IV and AOS documents mailed on the 13th February 

Scan Date February 17th. 

CC February 28th :)  

Interviewed scheduled on the 17th of March for April 3rd. 

Interview completed and visa approved on April 3rd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrs Prestige said:

Will they notify me when the NVC receive My case. Cos it said at department of state at the moment.

NVC is the department of state. And yes they will at some point notify you. they will send you a welcome letter. I would suggest to call tho and you can get the Case Number and Invoice Number on the phone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
18 hours ago, mrandmrsR said:

I'm getting really impatient now. My case has been sitting at the NVC for a month without a case number. Someone I talked to yesterday requested a supervisor review it, to see why others have been assigned case numbers as of two weeks ago and not ours. I know this entire process is about waiting and frustration but still... Is anyone else still waiting for a case number?

At this rate we will have to request an expedite once the case number is assigned, so I can get to the US for my job in May.

I Know the feeling. So I guess you have a pivot case too. Can it be that it taking longer to get case number for pivot cases?!?? What are they telling you? They send my case to a supervisor to review why we don't have a case number yet, but they are saying it might take up to 6 weeks to get it from the supervisor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.