dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2018

1,330 posts in this topic

everyone's different, but considering Mexico's backlog, unfortunately, I'm looking at 5-6 more months...ugh. USCIS really screwed us with the added wait, but can't fixate on the past. 

both fees paid <3 I'm just waiting for the DS-260 to be unlocked. Can I send my documents already or do I have to wait another week? 

they're currently being reviewed and prepped at rapidvisa. 

I'm also looking at ways to have my medical in Mexico City, since I'm going to be moving there for a while. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

4 hours ago, Ashsri063 said:

I got my case number and IIN number and I filled choice of agent form today.. Also I paid for aos fees of 129 dollars which I supposed to wait till they review my choice of agent for. Did anybody pay their aos fees early ??? How long do I have to wait till I fill out visa application ?

We paid the AOS fee before the DS-261  was processed (but we did do that first)  since the payment was invoiced/ unlocked.

They replied that they processed our choice of agent and unlocked the IV fee and we paid it as well, today. 

I don't think its a problem :) 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

5 hours ago, mrandmrsR said:

I'm getting really impatient now. My case has been sitting at the NVC for a month without a case number. Someone I talked to yesterday requested a supervisor review it, to see why others have been assigned case numbers as of two weeks ago and not ours. I know this entire process is about waiting and frustration but still... Is anyone else still waiting for a case number?

At this rate we will have to request an expedite once the case number is assigned, so I can get to the US for my job in May.

Yes,  my case still doesnt have any assigned numbers yet :( same thing, i called, reqested a supervisor review..

Hi, everyone, quick question,
about the  financial affidavit of support, my husband is only part time worker right now cause he had to go back to uni, meaning full time student and working part time. He does meet the minimum requerment for being my only sponsor for now but his payckecks are getting smaller and smaller, so we are a little confused, should we use a joint sponsor in that case or what's the deal? Everything with our case has been confused since day 1. We waited 8 months for I130 approval and now at NVC still no number assigned, case is under supervisor review since it's over due.. :( 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:07 PM, The.Fab.Ella said:

Hi!  I come from a country whose school calendar differs from that of the US. We asked to be processed expeditiously because if we won't, we're bound to enroll in April in the Philippines (petition is with a stepchild). And if our approval will be around that time, it would be late to look for a school in the US (we're actually late now as most schools have ended the application process last Dec).  So it's financial hardship if we will pay for two overlapping schools in the same year, and education discontinuance in case we can't get into a US school this year.

Hi!

We are pretty much in the same boat. Did you have to send any documents/proof to support the request to expedite?

Thanks! 

Hello everyone, I am praying that we all soon get a cc and get through the interview process seeminglessly. I paid my IV fee this week and status changed to in process but received another IV invoice and status changed to pay now (not paid). I called my bank and payment is posting today. Has this happened to anyone? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
5 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

Did they give you the invoice number also? Once they gave me both numbers I was able to log in and complete the DS-261. I did it I think about 5-7 days before I received the welcome letter from them. 

Indeed, I have both numbers but they only assigned the case number at 11pm on Wednesday, so maybe by Monday or something I'll be able to log in. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys I hope you all doing great I got CC Jan 8th and I got an email from NVC Jan 17th it says your case is waiting list for an interview date but I’m just wondering how long it takes the embassy in Cairo Egypt 

Marriage: May. 16, 2016

I-130 Sent : March. 27, 2017

NOA1: March. 31, 2017 - Potomac Service Center

NOA2: Aug. 31, 2017 - 156 days

Sent to NVC: Sept. 4, 2017

NVC received: Sept. 8, 2017

Case # and IIN obtained: Sept. 22, 2017

AOS fee paid: Nov. 15, 2017

IV fee paid: Nov. 15, 2017

AOS & IV packet sent: Nov. 20, 2017

AOS & IV packet received: Nov. 24, 2017

Scan date: Nov. 28, 2017

CC: Jan. 8, 2017

Interview date: April. 5, 2018 

interview result: Approved 

entered the USA: April. 20th 2018

8 hours ago, mrandmrsR said:

I'm getting really impatient now. My case has been sitting at the NVC for a month without a case number. Someone I talked to yesterday requested a supervisor review it, to see why others have been assigned case numbers as of two weeks ago and not ours. I know this entire process is about waiting and frustration but still... Is anyone else still waiting for a case number?

At this rate we will have to request an expedite once the case number is assigned, so I can get to the US for my job in May.

Are u the beneficiary or the petinitioner ? 

8 hours ago, Zaynab Fatai said:

Hello, so my first scan date was 11/28/2017 and we got a checklist after 5weeks 01/05/2018 because we didn’t fill page 10-12 of the AOS 1-864 because it wasn’t relating to us. 

Well, we have filled the AOS again and have sent it to NVC which they received it yesterday 01/25/2018. Please how long will it take for them to review now and for a CC because that was the only issue. Thanks 

I waited exactly 4 weeks for a Cc not a day later. 

5 hours ago, Lazybones18 said:

NVC is slower than what people think

took me 5 months from the USCIS approval till interview date

Yea agreed because I’m already at the end of my 4th month. I did get a check list so it’s looking like it might take 6 months for me till interview date after approval. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Ahmed & Farrah said:

Hi guys I hope you all doing great I got CC Jan 8th and I got an email from NVC Jan 17th it says your case is waiting list for an interview date but I’m just wondering how long it takes the embassy in Cairo Egypt 

Hi :) 

same cc date . no interview scheduled yet :(

4 hours ago, Sherlock23 said:

Hi!

We are pretty much in the same boat. Did you have to send any documents/proof to support the request to expedite?

Thanks! 

None at all. Just the letter requesting for the expedite and explaining the situation we are in. If we weren't still in school, we could have finished the process in four weeks barring any hitches in the medical and the interview. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, mrs. rice said:

Hi, everyone, quick question,
about the  financial affidavit of support, my husband is only part time worker right now cause he had to go back to uni, meaning full time student and working part time. He does meet the minimum requerment for being my only sponsor for now but his payckecks are getting smaller and smaller, so we are a little confused, should we use a joint sponsor in that case or what's the deal? Everything with our case has been confused since day 1. We waited 8 months for I130 approval and now at NVC still no number assigned, case is under supervisor review since it's over due.. :( 

Yes you will need a joint sponsor who income is above the poverty level

Read about i184 on nvc.state.gov it will tell you more about the joint sponsor 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, seewolves said:

Indeed, I have both numbers but they only assigned the case number at 11pm on Wednesday, so maybe by Monday or something I'll be able to log in. :)

Have you tried to login? I logged in right after they gave me the numbers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.