Abdul108

Administrative processing after visa approval

25 posts in this topic

Hello everyone .

I had an interview at us consulate Montreal Canada for tourists visa on 25-october-2017 and interview went smoothly and visa approved at the end of the interview and VO said I'll get passport within 5 days and still have no update when checking online showed  administrative processing. Even I emailed twice they replied"" please note that your Visa is approved and that it is currently pending printing"".

What does it mean and even Ceac case  showed last update the same date as interview and today is 26-december-2017.

I'm waiting for your response and reply .

Highly appreciated

Thanks

Edited by Abdul108

3 hours ago, Abdul108 said:

Hello everyone .

I had an interview at us consulate Montreal Canada for tourists visa on 25-october-2017 and interview went smoothly and visa approved at the end of the interview and VO said I'll get passport within 5 days and still have no update when checking online showed  administrative processing. Even I emailed twice they replied"" please note that your Visa is approved and that it is currently pending printing"".

What does it mean and even Ceac case  showed last update the same date as interview and today is 26-december-2017.

I'm waiting for your response and reply .

Highly appreciated

Thanks

Its normal when they are about to issue a visa, it means they are working on your case, getting ready to produce the said visa. It takes a couple/few days, you just need to be patient.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

24 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Its normal when they are about to issue a visa, it means they are working on your case, getting ready to produce the said visa. It takes a couple/few days, you just need to be patient.

It’s been 2 months, not a few days. 

Case sounds odd. Is there a number you can call to speak to someone, or maybe explain in the email you got told x weeks ago that the visa is printing?? 

19 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s been 2 months, not a few days. 

Case sounds odd. Is there a number you can call to speak to someone, or maybe explain in the email you got told x weeks ago that the visa is printing?? 

I hear what you saying but i read that its now in AP, unless Im reading that wrong and its been in AP since Oct, which immediately sends off alarm bells. i wonder if its pending security checks, due to the OP's name or such.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like security AP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Do not purchase airline tickets or make any travel arrangements until your visa is in your hand.  Your visa isn't really approved until it is issued.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

If you need your passport to travel, I believe you can request your passport and they will notify you when you need to return it back for the visa. Email the consulate 

Agree you can get your Passport back.

Might obviously extend AP a bit more.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Abdul108 said:

I don't know why spend too much time and due to this I miss my chance to visit my hometown as I have no travel document. Even they didn't ask me to provide any additional documents.

OP being a foreign national in Canada, AP presumably in security check.  Montreal processing it's share of NIVs for 3rd party nationals. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

7 hours ago, Abdul108 said:

I don't know what is OP name and etc. I don't know if Montreal consulate have phone number that will able to talk with me.

Due to the political climate, it may be your name that you posted on here, or your origin of birth. I am assuming its not Canada, although your timeline isn't given much away.  (could be that your name needs to be crossed checked and your country of origin may be banned.... perhaps. Only you know that, seeing as we don't have much information regarding your case.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Abdul108 said:

Yes,I think soo because I'm from Pakistan and now both countries government have some issues during last 3.4 months.might be possible that's why but our country is not in the lose of  banned countries.🙄🙄

Nothing new, background checks is normal and has been for a long time.

Something is not right here. If background checks etc are still pending, they tell you you are in AP.  They don’t tell you, twice if i understood correctly, that your visa is approved and pending printing.  And it doesn’t take two months to print a visa.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.