TabeaK

I-751 January 2018

3,431 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CG&LGG said:

Out of boredom, or impatience, or something....I went to USCIS.gov and clicked on check case status. We don't have our bio letter yet, but just for giggles I typed in the case number that came with the NOA1 and it says "fingerprint fee received". 

Just wondering if anyone knows why this case number is bringing something up in the case status checker on uscis.gov when it is supposed to be the case number on the Bio letter that you track with?

I got this same exact status update using the case # on my noa1 the day I received it in the mail. I believe once we receive the bio notice we’ll be tracking with the case # that comes with it from that point on. 

Does anyone know what I can do if I don't receive the NOA1 due to the address problem I was asking about? I'm thinking it may go to the old address even though I did write the new address for the current address.

Over the phone would they give me the info or would I have to make an appointment?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

petition arrived at the California service center. I am a nervous wreck. I have terrible anxiety :(

germangirlintheusa.blogspot.com

~~~ mrandmrsBRS Visa journey ~~~

Service Center: Vermont

Embassy: Frankfurt/Germany

Marriage: 2014-12-30

I-130 sent: 2015-1-5

I-130 Noa 1: 2015-1-12

I-130 approved: 2015-6-10

Your I-130 was approved in 149 days from your NOA 1 date.

NVC: 2015-7-8

AOS bill: 2015-8-4

AOS P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

IV bill: 2015-9-15

IV P.: 2015-9-22 (e-mail, PDF)

Case Complete: 2015-10-12 (2015-12-07)

Supervisor Review 2015-11-02Called NVC 2015-12-07 (no longer under supervisor review, waiting for an Interview Date)

Medical: 2016-1-7

Interview Frankfurt: 2016-1-19 (called NVC 2015-12-14) APPROVED :dancing: :wub:

POE: 2016-2-9 ATL (Atlanta)

Hello and blessings to all,

my wife and I submitted I-751 at the end of January. We sent it overnight 4 days before her resident card expired. The check was cashed but we haven’t received a receipt letter. 

Is anyone else waiting for an NOA from I-751?

thanks so much!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, e-l-l-e said:

my wife and I submitted I-751 at the end of January. We sent it overnight 4 days before her resident card expired. The check was cashed but we haven’t received a receipt letter. 

thanks so much!

I am . Sent it to them a second time last friday. We sent it the first time on jan 31st. But they sent it back because I forgot the copy of my green card

Supervisor Review 2015-11-02Called NVC 2015-12-07 (no longer under supervisor review, waiting for an Interview Date)

Timeline
1 hour ago, k_stacky said:

I know it's hard people... but if you can, it would be beneficial to your mental health to not obsess over this process. From what I've gathered, the ROC process is not only a long wait, but it is a long wait of almost literally nothing. At least with K-1 and AOS there were constant NOA's, appointments, medicals, forms... all these things you needed to do as the time went by. But I believe that's not the case with ROC. After biometrics you either get a RFE, an interview, or an approval and you have to wait months upon months for any of those things to come.

Ever constantly check the clock during the last hour at work and feel like time isn't passing? Stop checking the clock on USCIS. Keep setting aside and gathering paperwork in case of an RFE, but try if you can not to fry your brain over the process. Making yourself stressed and anxious isn't going to make your paperwork go through faster or the time go by quicker. Enjoy having your loved ones by your side and appreciate that unlike the other forms you're able to be with them during this long, uncertain wait. At the very least, in the grand scheme for the privilege of being together for the rest of your lives... another year or two of USCIS is a small price to pay. We'll all get there eventually. :) I know it's easier said than done, but try to be kind to yourselves!

You are so right! I just can’t because all my ID’s expired and I haven’t received anything yet. I feel very uncomfortable with no valid gc

Just out of curiosity . Why did you wait until the very last few days before your window closes to mail your package out ? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, CG&CD said:

Just out of curiosity . Why did you wait until the very last few days before your window closes to mail your package out ? 

Money was tight unfortunately. 

Oh ok . Well I’m sure you’ll get your NOA soon in the mail . It took them a week to send my NOA In the mail after cashing my check . So don’t worry yours it will come some . Keep the faith.

Edited by CG&CD

18 hours ago, e-l-l-e said:

thanks so much!

I too am still waiting - it arrived at CSC on February 1st and they cashed the checks end of last week, I'm expecting the NOA in a day or two hopefully! I'd be stressing if they hadn't cashed the checks, but they have which means they have it so I am content with that for now. 

As a side note, I just travelled to the UK to visit my family, and on re-entering the country the IO asked why I had "waited so long" to submit my application for my 10 year green card. Probably irrationally because I'd just got off a long haul flight, but I was irritated since it's only been 2.5 weeks since my window opened and I'd told him I'd already submitted it. I just feel that an IO should not be making snarky remarks without understanding the process better.   

K1 Journey - 5 months and 1 day

AOS Journey - 4 months 4 days

ROC Filed - Jan 30 2018

ROC Delivered - Feb 1 2018

NOA date - Feb 7 2018

Conditional Green Card expires April 26 2018.

If I’ve learned anything is that , any immigration officials are ALLOWED to ask anything they want to ask at POE . We must not forget that WE and seeking permission to live and visit their country and should not be offend by their questions . 

2 minutes ago, CG&CD said:

If I’ve learned anything is that , any immigration officials are ALLOWED to ask anything they want to ask at POE . We must not forget that WE and seeking permission to live and visit their country and should not be offend by their questions . 

To an extent yes, but the questions should be focused on safety and legality, rather than on ones prudence in the matter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.