TabeaK

I-751 January 2018

3,431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, morgan.croft said:

LOL right. I am hoping to see an update on my case soon..... 

It is funny how things don't go our way when we pay attention.  I am tracking a case for my friend who filed in November 2017 and her case got transferred to Texas.  Cases around her dates have constantly been taken action (approval, RFE) on while her case was not touched.  It is so weird.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, GBOS said:

It is funny how things don't go our way when we pay attention.  I am tracking a case for my friend who filed in November 2017 and her case got transferred to Texas.  Cases around her dates have constantly been taken action (approval, RFE) on while her case was not touched.  It is so weird.

Right! It's so odd how they adjudicate.

I just did a search of 100 cases after mine, and see this week that 2 RFE's were sent, and 1 Approval. They are all around mine LOL. 

CR-1 Timeline - 255 Days

USCIS - 81 Days

07/31/15: I-130 Mailed
08/06/15: NOA1 -- California Service Center
10/26/15: NOA2

NVC - 61 Days

11/05/15: NVC Received Case
11/25/15: Completed DS-261
11/28/15: Paid AOS Fee
11/30/15: DS-261 Reviewed Over Phone
12/02/15: Paid IV Fee
12/04/15: DS-260 Completed
12/04/15: Scan Date
01/05/16: Case Complete

CANADA

02/25/16: Interview - APPROVED!!!
03/07/16: Visa in hand

03/29/18: POE @ YVR

Removal of Conditions - 630 Days

Spoiler

01/16/18: I-751 Delivered

01/19/18: NOA1 -- Vermont Service Center

02/27/18: Biometrics

07/03/19: Case Transferred to NBC

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

Naturalization - 267 Days

Spoiler

02/01/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/01/19: NOA1

02/20/19: Biometrics

07/03/19: Interview Interview Cancelled - Haven't received I751

09/26/19: Congressional Inquiry sent to USCIS

10/07/19: Received call from USCIS - Combo Interview scheduled for 10/08/19

10/08/19: I-751 & N-400 Interview -- APPROVED

10/25/19: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 minute ago, morgan.croft said:

Right! It's so odd how they adjudicate.

I just did a search of 100 cases after mine, and see this week that 2 RFE's were sent, and 1 Approval. They are all around mine LOL. 

It really makes me wonder how files are really sorted.  Supposedly most things are scanned and digitized, so it even makes less sense that the system would not just present an officer with cases in numerical order as one is finished.

Just in case anyone is tracking cases near mine (VSC, received 24/01/18), I received an update. However, this isn’t because they were actively working my case - I wrote to them to let them know I had taken Irish citizenship (when I applied I was just a UK citizen). 

I’m not sure I had to let them know but wanted to avoid any problems when it comes to applying for US citizenship or even renewing my 10 year card down the line. I rang and spoke to someone and they clearly had no idea on whether I needed to let USCIS know so I played safe and sent them a copy of my Irish passport.

BC77473E-A756-410C-A8B6-A26D1D78009B.jpeg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, CharlieJK said:

Just in case anyone is tracking cases near mine (VSC, received 24/01/18), I received an update. However, this isn’t because they were actively working my case - I wrote to them to let them know I had taken Irish citizenship (when I applied I was just a UK citizen). 

I’m not sure I had to let them know but wanted to avoid any problems when it comes to applying for US citizenship or even renewing my 10 year card down the line. I rang and spoke to someone and they clearly had no idea on whether I needed to let USCIS know so I played safe and sent them a copy of my Irish passport.

BC77473E-A756-410C-A8B6-A26D1D78009B.jpeg

Great thinking and proactive of you there.

By law, they don’t care if you, as a permanent resident, acquire an additional citizenship.  It does matter when you are filing for N-400, which you must declare it then.

7 hours ago, LizB0322 said:

Not so far. In any of the websites have been any change since they received my package on January 17th last year. Hoping for good news 🤞🏼.. I will update later tonight once I get home and read the letter. 

The letter was an approval letter!!!  Thank the lord 🙏🏼🙏🏼.. Notice date is 03/05/2019. It says I should get my green card within 60 days!! Not update on any website yet .. I applied for citizenship on January 9th this year.. hopefully you guys will hear news soon! 🤞🏼 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
13 minutes ago, LizB0322 said:

The letter was an approval letter!!!  Thank the lord 🙏🏼🙏🏼.. Notice date is 03/05/2019. It says I should get my green card within 60 days!! Not update on any website yet .. I applied for citizenship on January 9th this year.. hopefully you guys will hear news soon! 🤞🏼 

Congratulations!!!

Where did you file and did your case ever get transferred?

Hope you throw yourself a big party! 

03/02/2015: filed I-129F at the USCIS Texas

03/13/2015: received confirmation (Form I-797), file will now get routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. We wait :)

13 minutes ago, Nele said:

Congratulations!!!

Where did you file and did your case ever get transferred?

Hope you throw yourself a big party! 

Thank you Nele!! I filed at CSC January 17th last year. The old website never changed “uscis cannot provide information at this time” and the new website never changed either from “case was received”. Still nothing has changed anywhere. Keep your hopes up! 🤞🏼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, LizB0322 said:

Thank you Nele!! I filed at CSC January 17th last year. The old website never changed “uscis cannot provide information at this time” and the new website never changed either from “case was received”. Still nothing has changed anywhere. Keep your hopes up! 🤞🏼

Ha my case was received on that date at CSC too, only mine got shipped to Nebraska... I’m keeping my hopes up and most days I’m really optimistic but some days I’m just so damn tired of it.

but genuinely happy for you!! Hope ours gets approved soon too!

03/02/2015: filed I-129F at the USCIS Texas

03/13/2015: received confirmation (Form I-797), file will now get routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. We wait :)

40 minutes ago, Nele said:

Ha my case was received on that date at CSC too, only mine got shipped to Nebraska... I’m keeping my hopes up and most days I’m really optimistic but some days I’m just so damn tired of it.

but genuinely happy for you!! Hope ours gets approved soon too!

Thank you Nele! I feel you.. I felt the same way, hopeless, but when I never expected, it happened! So don’t lose hope! Hopefully it will happen soon for everyone 🙏🏼

I got my greencard yesterday! Here is my complete timeline from submission to card delivery:

1/25/2018 - ROC submission date

1/29/2018 - NOA letter/12 mo extension

5/05/2018 - No new biometrics needed letter

8/11/2018 - 18 mo extension letter

2/28/2019 - Approval Notice/Letter

3/7/2019 - USPS picked up card for delivery (email notice)

3/8/2019 - Card delivered (email notice)

The old site was stuck on no new info status for a long time but updated as I was receiving the email notices. The new site never updated.

I'm with CSC. My case was not transferred, and I have not submitted any application for N-400.

I hope this helps those who are still waiting for approval. I suggest getting the informed delivery/USPS app. I got notice ahead of the emails that my card was being delivered :)

Status did not change 

Our K1 Timeline:
9/4/2014 - Package sent to USCIS in Texas
9/12/2014 - Received NOA 1
10/19/2014 - Received NOA 2
10/31/2014 - Received Manila Case number
11/5/2014 - CEAC status updated to Ready
11/14/2014 - Paid Visa fee via BPI
12/3/2014 - Received Packet 3 from US Embassy Manila
1/13-14, 2015 - Finished 2 day medical exam at SLEC
2/9/2015 - US Embassy Interview done and approved
2/12/2015 - CEAC status updated to Issued
2/18/2015 - Picked up passport with Visa from 2Go
3/16/2015 - CFO
4/19/15 - POE
6/16/15 - Got married! ❤️

AOS:

12/22/15 - Sent AOS package via local post office

01/05/16 - Received I-797C for EAD, Travel Permit, and AOS via mail

01/29/16 - Biometrics

3/14/16 - AOS approved (no interview)

3/18/16 - Received Green card in the mail

4/03/16 - Baby T is here! ❤️

ROC:

1/25/18 - Sent ROC package via local post office

1/29/18 - Received I-797

5/05/18 - Received No Biometrics notice

8/11/18 - Received 18 mo extension letter

2/28/19 - ROC approved

3/08/19 - Received Green card in the mail

N-400

8/2/2020 - Submitted form and paid online

12/14/2020 - Biometric Reuse notice

1/4/2021 - Interview Notice

2/23/2021 - Interview Schedule

3/22/2021 - Oath Taking Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, Im sorry I havent been checking on this site for any updates lately.

I filed my ROC back in 01/06/2018

Got my NOA1 01/12/2018

Had my Biometrics 02/20/2018

Got the 18 mos extension in 08/06/2018

Then no updates after that. I've been very anxious on checking my mails everyday and getting paranoid thinking USPS delivered my approval letter somewhere else (they do this mistake all the time, delivering my mails to neighbors few blocks from our house).

I hear you can check your status online but when i do mine and type in my case no receipt at egov.uscis.gov - I get a message saying "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information."

I tried to check any reciept no. from my biometrics papers but all i can find is the same one from my i-751 which starts with EAC. So im totally lost here and panicking at that. Will I ever get my approval anytime soon before my extension expires? I hear feb 2018 filers are already getting their GCs in the mail. Im getting worried that mine got lost somewhere in the void. Help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yours did not get lost, and those approvals are mostly from CSC and just a few small from  VSC

You can  track your mails coming to you from USPS on the INFOMED DELIVERY 🚚 APP. you get pictures of your any mail in your email you will provide just a few steps.

am a February filler from VSC and am seeing the same thing you see. Even some October, November and December fillers still are seeing same thing. So don’t be worried. All shall pass soon. Fingers cross

Download informed delivery app or USPS app it has informed delivery on it too  and keep track of your mails. 

Dont worry stay cool 😎 and relax you are not alone lots of us are in same boat 🚣

Enjoy 😉 your day 

11 hours ago, CerseiLannister said:

Hi, Im sorry I havent been checking on this site for any updates lately.

I filed my ROC back in 01/06/2018

Got my NOA1 01/12/2018

Had my Biometrics 02/20/2018

Got the 18 mos extension in 08/06/2018

Then no updates after that. I've been very anxious on checking my mails everyday and getting paranoid thinking USPS delivered my approval letter somewhere else (they do this mistake all the time, delivering my mails to neighbors few blocks from our house).

I hear you can check your status online but when i do mine and type in my case no receipt at egov.uscis.gov - I get a message saying "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information."

I tried to check any reciept no. from my biometrics papers but all i can find is the same one from my i-751 which starts with EAC. So im totally lost here and panicking at that. Will I ever get my approval anytime soon before my extension expires? I hear feb 2018 filers are already getting their GCs in the mail. Im getting worried that mine got lost somewhere in the void. Help.

Try the newer USCIS website: https://my.uscis.gov/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cross32 said:

Yours did not get lost, and those approvals are mostly from CSC and just a few small from  VSC

You can  track your mails coming to you from USPS on the INFOMED DELIVERY 🚚 APP. you get pictures of your any mail in your email you will provide just a few steps.

am a February filler from VSC and am seeing the same thing you see. Even some October, November and December fillers still are seeing same thing. So don’t be worried. All shall pass soon. Fingers cross

Download informed delivery app or USPS app it has informed delivery on it too  and keep track of your mails. 

Dont worry stay cool 😎 and relax you are not alone lots of us are in same boat 🚣

Enjoy 😉 your day 

I live in Mississippi where informed delivery app is not available lol but thank you for your encouragement! I will continue to wait. 

7 hours ago, TZKA said:

Try the newer USCIS website: https://my.uscis.gov/

Thanks I tried this too but it only gave me the status I had before I got the biometrics. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.