297 posts in this topic

Hallo Mammimaus,

Thanx for the info! I am really hoping for a soon interview date. ;-) Your report of your interview is really helpful. It doesn't seem like anyone is trying to get you to deny the Green Card. that is good to know and I'll try to be as relaxed as possible! ;-)

As soon as I hear anything from the consulate, I'll let you know.

Cheers!

hallo julchenno, no your husband does not have to be there on the day of the interview.

if you already had your medical then your interview shouldn't be to far in the future :0), don't be as nervous as we had been LOL there is really nothing to be worried about.

Hi Mammimaus,

that is super awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That was really quickly. I hope my case proceeds that fast as well. Your description puts my hopes up as well. Especially your time line! ;-)) Just one quick question: the husband does not have to be there, right? Do you know if I can bring someone else as "mental support"?

I had my medical exam in Dortmund today. It went super smooth and I can only recommend the panel physician in Dortmund. Everybody in that office was super nice and things went well. :-)

:D

Ok here its is, my Frankfurt interview experience :yes:

Frankfurt is aproximatly 45 minutes away from us and my interview appointment was @8:00am so of course we left the house @6am :lol: (never know if you get into a traffic jam)

We (my hubby, my oldest daughter & me) arrived there like an hour to early so we went to Mc Donalds for 30 minutes and walked to the Konsulat to line up (a huge line) a Officer came and asked "whi is here for a VISA interview?"so everybody with a interview raised their hands and where asked to step to the side and all the way in front of the line :yes: Cool so we don't have to wait until the other 100 people get in first LOL.

He gave us a ticket, I had Number W502 :yes:

then we were asked to step in the security check point room (always 4 people only) take of your watch, a belt if you where one, hand them your purse etc. then walk through that whatever it's called thingy LOL take your stuff and proceed to the next building.

The first thing I had to do was taking my Dumbo Passport pics (which are cheaper @ the Consulate then outside!!!! 6 Euros for 4, in Aschaffenburg they cost you 12 Euros)

Then my number was called for Window 23 to turn in my Passport, my DS 230 Pt II (NOT SIGNED!!!) the Lady handed me a big brown envelope and told me while I wait for the next Window to put the stamps on the envelope and to put my mailing address on it. Then she handed me a green Letter with instructions how to have my Documents in order. I did the stamps part & the Address the rest I already did @home.

My number got called again for I think it was Window 17 but I wont lay my hand in fire for it LOL. The LAdy was absolutly nice and friendly, she asked me if I want to have the interview in german or in english, I replied in english due to my husband not understanding any german. She told me the order of the Documents she would ike to have one copy and the original, handed me the originals back, then she explained me the SSN thing but said ÿou already know that right?" yes I did since I lived almost 6 years in the states :yes: she handed me a Guide for New Immigrants "Welcome to the United States" wished us luck in the states and to take a seat for our final and actual interview with a Consular Officer.

After a few minutes of waiting my number got called again and we again had a very nice & frindly Officer. He told me that my papers are all in order and when we met, my husband grint and replied September 11th 2001 :yes::luv: the Officer had to grin to because of the date but that is in fact the first time we where talking LOL

The we were asked were we intend to live and I replied first North Carolina and then we are going to Florida the Officer smiled and said he is from North Carolina and only a hour away from my hubbys hometown lol. He took my Fingerprints, had me sighn the DS 230 pt II explained me about the envelope and NOT to open it, also about the missing corner being normal and so on, then he wanted to know if I have any Questions I said No and he told me my Visa will arrive within a week as certified mail :thumbs:

SO I AM APPROVED!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: woohooo

* met at University in WA 2003

* visits back and forth

* he moved to Germany with me Jan 2006

* got married Aug, 3, 2007

* filed for DCF on Aug, 6th

*Aug, 30, medical exam in Dortmund ... everything went well :-)

* Sept. 7th: letter in the mail: INTERVIEWDATE for SEPTEMBER 20th!!! That was wicked fast! :-))

* Sept. 14th: bureaucracy sucks!! Interview appointment cancelled by the consulate due to internal delays!! :-(( New appointment in approximately 4 - 6 weeks. :-((

* Happiness again: new interview appointment letter received; date: OCT 5th!!

* Oct. 5th: Interview appointment SUCCESSFUL!!! :-))

* Interview went super ... received I-551 about 5 days later

* Flew to US Nov 10th

* Jan, 12: Welcome Letter in the Mail :-)

* Jan 17: Permanent Resident Card in the Mail!!! And two more welcome letters! ;-)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Mammimaus2007 what a feeling to be over with the visa process, isn't it? Pack your bags and goooooooooooo......

Mephibosheth, congrats for the visa.......it is time for you too to fly over Atlantic :dance:

julchenno12, good luck to you. Frankfurt is an easy Consulate when is about the visa process, the interview is not a nightmare ;) all the best and let's hear soon about the interview date

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

it's indeed a great feeling to be done with the wholw paperwar LOL

My husband is flying out today :crying: I will miss him so much and now I have to do everything on my own with 2 children :blink: Oh well I will manage!!!!

Condor flights got more expensive over night :crying: so the flight I wanted to book for the girls and me is now 400 Euros more WHY THAT???? :angry:

Congratulations Mammimaus2007 what a feeling to be over with the visa process, isn't it? Pack your bags and goooooooooooo......

Mephibosheth, congrats for the visa.......it is time for you too to fly over Atlantic :dance:

julchenno12, good luck to you. Frankfurt is an easy Consulate when is about the visa process, the interview is not a nightmare ;) all the best and let's hear soon about the interview date

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

Hi,

so far, we haven't heard back from Frankfurt, not even if the petition was approved ... We sent an email out last Monday, but haven't heard back from them. Then we just tried to call them but we were forwarded to some machine again :-( ... Does any one of you know a number which we can call and talk to a REAL person about my application status? This is really frustrating not getting a hold of someone. ...

Sx for your help! :-)

* visits back and forth

* Sept. 7th: letter in the mail: INTERVIEWDATE for SEPTEMBER 20th!!! That was wicked fast! :-))

* Sept. 14th: bureaucracy sucks!! Interview appointment cancelled by the consulate due to internal delays!! :-(( New appointment in approximately 4 - 6 weeks. :-((

* Flew to US Nov 10th

* Jan 17: Permanent Resident Card in the Mail!!! And two more welcome letters! ;-)

Hello!

ok, the panik attack from yesterday was too early. ;-))

We just got a letter in the mail today from the Consulate with the Interviewdate!! Yay!! It all went sooo quick. Just after 1 1/2 months after the petition!! That was sooo quick. I am sooo happy. :-) My husband is leaving next Wednesday and it seems like I can follow soon ... yay!!

:-)

* visits back and forth

* Flew to US Nov 10th

wow julchen... almost can't believe it can go so fast...

I'm in the states since wednesday now... POE was interesting... first borderguard was super rude and ignorant, my sister in law who picked us up in vancouver had only her drivers liscence with her and apparently that's not really enough anymore for americans in canada... she got in anyway though, but first after some harsh preaching from the guard... he didn't know what to do with me, but eventually he asked someone and we were sent inside, where there were more friendly people, though a little slow... I gave my finger prints in actual ink even though they had one of those digital scanners... dont know why. Took like 30 minutes, but mostly because the guy was tired and slow

job interview tomorrow :)

timelineAUG20.jpg

Concratulations :dance::dance: that was really fast :thumbs: the rest is a piece of cake and you will be in the states faster then you think LOL

Our POE will be Orlando,FL :yes: finally got our tickets for unbelievable 597 Euros incl. everything for my two girls and me together and it is a Nonstop flight too, I think I love Condor LOL

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

yeah, I can't believe it either ... amazingly fast ... I am soo happy and looking forward to be done with the interview! ;-)

Good luck on the job interview - which should actually be over by now ... ;-)) Hope it went well!

wow julchen... almost can't believe it can go so fast...

I'm in the states since wednesday now... POE was interesting... first borderguard was super rude and ignorant, my sister in law who picked us up in vancouver had only her drivers liscence with her and apparently that's not really enough anymore for americans in canada... she got in anyway though, but first after some harsh preaching from the guard... he didn't know what to do with me, but eventually he asked someone and we were sent inside, where there were more friendly people, though a little slow... I gave my finger prints in actual ink even though they had one of those digital scanners... dont know why. Took like 30 minutes, but mostly because the guy was tired and slow

job interview tomorrow :)

* visits back and forth

* Flew to US Nov 10th

wow, awesome price on the tickets. :thumbs: have a good flight over to Florida!

I really hope that the rest will be a piece of cake as well. the interview appointment is at 7.30am. I will get a hotel room the night before (it is a little too far to drive from Köln) and be there on time.

right now I thinking of flying by mid-october. Have to get some stuff done here (paperwork) and rid of before leaving (car, other things, etc.) ... but I am soo happy now and relived that we won't be apart for months, but just for a few weeks ... yay! :D

Concratulations :dance::dance: that was really fast :thumbs: the rest is a piece of cake and you will be in the states faster then you think LOL

Our POE will be Orlando,FL :yes: finally got our tickets for unbelievable 597 Euros incl. everything for my two girls and me together and it is a Nonstop flight too, I think I love Condor LOL

* visits back and forth

* Flew to US Nov 10th

things move fast lately on VJ and i do not have too much to catch up.....

@julchenno12, congratulations on your interview date..... :dance:

@wachen, finally your husband got to US, that's great...what kind of car you looking for him? did you get rid of your old car?

@mephibosheth, welcome to the US...did u get the job? good luck to you :thumbs:

@mammimaus2007, God dammit, how did you find that great deal? :devil:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Well since I red "THE SECRET"a whole lot of amazing things are happening to us LOL I think it is because we are finally going the RIGHT way!!!!

With the flight, I don't know WHAT made me check on the Price for that specific day again, the days before the flight was 1050 Euros for the 3 of us and all in the sudden they had a one day special and only 3 Seats available 597 Euros I couldn't believe it myselfe. My Mom now worries that this might be a very old Airplane LOL

About my Hubby, I think he has the Job :dancing: they way he was talking about it how the interview went, they asked him if he is also interested in Management and told him about the Bonus after 3 month and took the Background check info down to get it done Quick and on Tuesday they want him to come back so they can show him the whole Warehouse and introduce him to the Managers, doesn't that sound like he has the job?

@julchenno I'm so happy for you, I didn't like the idea to be seperated from my hubby for long either Good Luck @the interview

I can't wait to sit in the plane and arrive @the POE get that over with and HUG my husband.

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi guys!

i just wanted to let you know that we just received an email from the embassy in frankfurt that the 6-month-rule will take place from now on.

we are really really frustrated, especially as this screws up all our weddingplans as we will have to stick to our k1.

but, anyway, here's the info: 6-month-rule of residency applies at the frankfurt embassy.

agnes

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well hello everyone,..

thought I would pop in here and say hello,.. I was in a few months ago, asking questions to help out my friend Tinki.

Well now its my turn. I have to lodge i-130's for my daughters. I already have 10yr green card and all is fine with me,..but because they only came to live with us here In germany in 2006, I have not had to deal with USCIS for them yet. My hubby is deployed, and not due home til early January. We found out tonight that his pcs date has been brought forward 3 months from Late april, to late January. So now, Im tearing my hair out. I just sent the USCIS an email with a million and one questions, and am now frantically preparing forms and the like,..

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bonk:

Jodee

Editted to add....Apart from the 2 x $355, I am going to have to fork out,..is there any other fees, visa issuance fee?, and can anyone give me an idea of how much the medicals may cost roughly?

Thankks everyone

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

@jodee besides the 2x$355 there is also 2x125 Euros (medical if in Frankfurt) and 2x $380 to be paid @the interview

BUT!!!!! Your husband is in the military so you will get all of this money back :D

Good Luck,

Mammimaus

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.