297 posts in this topic

sooo... I had my interview yesterday and it went well... here comes the full, overly detailed account, may it help those who come after me

I took the train from Hamburg to Frankfurt dep. 00:25 arrival 5:29 - saved money on staying overnight, but paid with grogginess.

At the train station in Frankfurt, I put my cellphone in the locker and paid 2 Euro for 24 hours... The English instructions actually said that you were not allowed to put cellphones or money and jewelry in there, but the German instructions didn't say that, and so I risked it (especially since it's not the nicest phone and I can't use it in the US anyways (wrong frequency)) And it was still there in the afternoon.

I bought an all day ticket for the public transport system in innercity Frankfurt (zone 50, includes doctor and embassy) for 5.40 Euro. Then I took the S train to the innercity and searched for my Bank (Dresedner Bank) and found it eventually and I checked out how much money I had and took out all I could (not much) just to make sure I had enough. I found the Lidl store, but it was open yet of course (I had looked up grocery stores in Frankfurt ahead of time and put them on the little map that the embassy had sent in Packet 4) I then took the subway to the doctor and got there around 7am and I had been there earlier if I hadn't purposefully walked the wrong way for a bit :) I was the first one there, but soon others came.. . The door was locked and it said it opens at 8, but I was supposed to be there at 7:30 and sure enough a little after 7:30, the door was buzzed open. I was first in line (there were about 4-5 others by then) and the whole medical took about one or one and a half hours.

-First waiting, then going upstairs

-Fill out a form on medical history

-Payment (125 Euro), turn in vaccination records, sign for permission to take HIV test

-then in the basement - urin test, xray, blood test (HIV),

-then upstairs - doctor's exam with clothes off except underwear

(breathe in, breathe out, stick your tongue out) and eye sight testing

I was informed that I had to get my polio and tetanus vaccination freshened up since it's good for 10 years and I had mine in 96 last time, but that wouldn't be a problem. Also, the doctor took my word for it when I said I had chickenpox as a kid (I called beforehand and asked if he would) so... now I still have to see a doctor (in 2 days I will) and get those vaccinations which I will fax proof of to Frankfurt to the doctor and then they will send in their stuff to the embassy, so it's just a delay of a few days.

Since I had sufficient time, I stopped by Lidl to get some food an drink, as I hadn't packed enough for the day

Then off to the Embassy with the Subway and arrived right on time (9:30)

First to the line on the left where I showed my passport and appointment letter and got a number, then the line on the right where people were waiting to be waved in through security...

While i was waiting for security i saw a person getting back their cellphone from security personal upon leaving the embassy, which I thought curious since I was under the impression that they would send you away if you had one on you (and I warn you that I wouldn't risk it, since that's what they say in the letter, but it seems like they might make exceptions at times, also another ladies handbag was kept at security because she had something in it that wasn't allowed (not sure what)

Out of the security building to the next building which looked totally different than I imagined. Didn't see anybody at the desk and continued, was then approached by a lady from behind who asked to see my number and advised me on where to sit (in the back, to the right) I asked her for where the bathrooms are and she said behind the pink wall.

This building is sort of like an American Driver's License bureau except nicer. Very bright with a window roof and light colors and very clean. There's a coke vending machine and a stamp vending machine and some more stuff which i didn't really take notice of... lots of chairs (300?) in the middle, facing the right side, about 25 windows, mostly on the right side where interaction with the embassy employees took place. The bathroom door had a handle, but to my slight shock opened automatically upon approaching (also I now remember the door to the building was so heavy that I had trouble controlling it with one arm, and I'm by no means weak)

When I left the bathroom, I already noticed my number on the screen and went to window 20 something, (a German lady who started conversation in English, but was glad to see my German passport) gave her my DS 230 part II and passport, she gave me a paper that told me how to put my forms in the correct order (I had put them in order already as it tells you how to order them in packet 4) And the envelope which I would get my passport in - BTW.. the whole day I had to carry this huge envelope with me that had the x-ray of my chest... (about 16 inches by 16 inches (45 cm by 45 cm)) from my medical exam and I was instructed to carry it with me in my hand luggage when I went to the states and hand it over to the immigration officer. She then instructed me to pay at the next window.

I went there and I don't know where they guy was from, but he spoke English with some sort of accent I couldn't identify. He said "DENMARK :)))" (which, I was born in Denmark, but why could he see that and not my German residence and passport?) "Did you come from Denmark today?" We had some small talk and it was hard to hear all he said, especially with the number of kids in the lobby that were not ashamed to vent their frustration at the waiting (one mom told her kid "tell 'em, you tell 'em") He asked me if was feeling sick, which i thought curious and said "no, why are you asking?" He said my face looked kinda.... and I told him i traveled over night, then he also pointed to the band aid on my arm and remembered himself that I probably had gone to a medical. He was nice and I paid 305 Euro (380 USD equivalent) , but when I went back to waiting I wondered if all his questions were supposed to make sure I wasn't drunk or on drugs (did my face really look that awful ?!?!?)

I then had to sit back down, got a stamp from the machine for my envelope and put on my parent's address since we're hoping to be there before we fly. I was called up again to another window eventually and there turned in my birth certificate and copy and police records and I-864s and the lady went over my DS-230 part I with me to make sure it was correct. She asked a few questions, like if the cosponsor was related to me, to which i said "no, he's a good friend of ours" (someone else had already asked that as well) She told me she didn't need my marriage certificate since she already had it and asked if i had been in armed service, which i hadn't (Zivildienst does not count) She gave me a paper with info on Social Security numbers and a booklet with info for greencard holders (funny to me since I hadn't been interviewed yet) She also asked when I was expecting to travel. I said I originally hoped to travel on the 29th of August, but since I wasn't sure if I'd make it, probably the 4th of Sept.... she put down the 4th of September and I wondered quietly if they process your stuff faster if you name an earlier date or why they ask.

She then told me to sit back down until the consular would call me up for the interview, which would happen by means of the same number I had all through my embassy stay. Then I waited again and noticed that the couple in front of me seemed to have some sort of difficulties (with embassy stuff) which were resolved however to their great relaxation. Eventually I was called up again, the consular officer, obviously American, started in German, to which I replied in German but soon he switched to English. He asked if I swore to the truthfulness of my info in the DS 230 part II and had me sign it, he took my index finger prints digitally and that was basically it. He said I would get my passport in about a week but that they would have to get the medical records first.

All in all it took about 1:30 hours at the embassy and I then went to get my cellphone from the main train station and waited 5 hours for my train ride... sooooooooo.....

we shall see how soon we can realize the trip :))))

thanks again to everyone here for bearing with me :)

timelineAUG20.jpg

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as far as i understand it means you had the chickenpox(varicella/windpcken) and actually, the doctor in Frankfurt will just believe you if you say you had them as a kid (if you know for sure) I found that out cause I called them and i was there yesterday and they did believe me... i did have a copy of my titertest for rubella and measels though, since I had done that one anyway a few years ago and I found out that i need to get another shot of tetanus and polio (only good for 10 years and I had it last in 96), which I'm allowed to do now back in Hamburg anywhere I want and then i just send proof to Frankfurt that I did it.

yes you are right but I needed a second MMR :wacko: I explained him that I already had all of that stuff since I went thru AOS in 2000 but they didn't put it in my shot record, well I still had to get it yesterday plus I found out today that I have a very severe Bladder infection and have to take Antibiotics, my Urin was so dark that I had to check it at my Doctor, I hope a Bladder infection doesn't cause Problems, I think I better call the Panel Physician in Frankfurt tomorrow to explain him, after all it is just a bladder infection and not a STD :unsure: but I am still worried

GREENCARD the 2nd :0)

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

Filed I-130 in person May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

Filed Form DS-230 Part I May 14th 2007 in Frankfurt

E-Maild Frankfurt how long???July 31. 2007

got a reply August 2nd 2007

I-130 approved since 05/23/2007???? where was my EMail or Letter?

Interview Appointment August 29th 2007

APPROVED!!!!!

Visa arrived in the mail (that was fast!!!!) August 30. 2007

Flying to Florida October 1st 2007, Nov. 28th Welcome letter arrived

beachmb3.jpg Visit My Website

Awesome :dance: Concratulations :thumbs: my medical went pretty much like yours lol, I faxed the papers back today since I was lucky enough to get the missing MMR yesterday at my Doctor after the medical.

Now we have to wait for the 29th :wacko: and YES I am nervous LOL

Surrendered Residency in the USA November 2005, returned GC, 12/2005 moved back to Germany (how stupid can you be?????)

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

I think I will be more relaxed after the 29th :unsure: I called the Panel Physician yesterday to make him aware of my (nierenbeckenentzuendung) since my Proteins in the Urin will show a positive 100% they told me to get Well soon but to be on the safe side I will also take the Papework of my UTI with me to the Interview since by then it should be gone anyway :unsure:

I am so glad when all the stress is ove with and I can finally enjoy my last month in Germany :whistle: but I really had so much stress lately but also received good news on my Baby girl that was tested on San Fillippo Syndrome (MPS III) and a negativ came back, with that fear of her having that I spend weeks crying and fearing and then the moving stress with shipping out boxes, the trouble with our first Co-Sponsors and what not all, I really need some Vecations and Rest @ the Beach :yes:

After my process we have to get a Visitor Visa for my Mom since she wants to help us settle and staying with us for 5 month.

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Glad it was smooth sailing, Mephibosheth! Yay!

I am glad that your daughter tested negative, Mammimaus.

I also feel all the time that I still need a vacation. LOL! As soon as my husband gets here there is more stress with buying another car and moving out of state and driver's license and SSN and blah, blah, blah. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi guys!

we will probably join you in your DCF endevours. right now we are in the waiting-period for our NOA2 of our K1, but Eric will be working in Germany for most of fall, and we are considering abandoning the K1 and instead to get married right away with a big ceremony around christmas and go for the DCF. that way we would hopefully get around the AOS,EAD and AP-#######.

we will call the embassy in frankfurt some time next week to ask them if that would be possible.

damn, i am so sick of this whole k1-#######. ;)

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

@ WACKEN: Thank you :)(F)

@tucson Chick: Yes it is possible to get married and file the DCF in Germany, since he is in Germany I would even recommend it due to the Fee increase of AOS plus it is faster and you will be over with until you have to file removal of conditions :thumbs:

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

hello to all my friends

Mephibosheth, congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: did you get the visa in the mail?

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Hello Maydaydas how's life treating you in the states so far :) we are getting closer and closer to the finish line and already packed most of our suitcases LOL, my hubby is leaving Saturday, thaks God he will still be here on Wednesday.

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

Mammimaus2007, life is great thanks for asking...I finally got a nice job and things go pretty much in the right direction. What about you? Wed is the big day I bet you are nervous but the interview is the easiest part of the visa process......ironic, isn't it? Just relax, double check you have all the papers and try to get some sleep the night before :thumbs:

Good luck to you my friend

DCF Frankfurt Germany

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

Living in Maryland

thank you so much. I already went over all of my papers again today and let me tell you I actually need a moving box LOL no just kidding, I thought I am taking along all of the cards we wrote each other and the Photo Album.

One thing is on my mind bothering me big time but I hope it won't be a problem at the interview. My Co-Sponsor send everything required and she makes almost douple the required Poverty Guideline required, I have her recent Tax Return, her Birth Certificate, she also receives Retirement from her past away husband every month, so we also have that paperwork which is also in the Tax Return and she made well above Poverty in all three most recent Tax years the problem is she just send her most recent Paycheck stop and didn't see that she supposed to send six!!! Do you think that might be a Problem? if yes, could she Fax the 5 others?

I am a nerve wrack currently LOL.

Concratulations to your new Job MaydayDas

married February 2003

DCF TIMELINE FRANKFURT:

APPROVED!!!!!

I was in Frankfurt too ... :thumbs: its almost 1 year ago !

"Happiness only lives for those who cry, those who was hurt, those who have searched, those who loved and those who have tried..."

@Mona_Greg welcome

@Mammimaus2007. My sponsor was my husband and they asked only for the last pay stub. I had like 10-12 with me just in case they want more, I think they say something like the last 6 on the checklist but they ask only one. I suggest your co-sponsor to fax you the rest 5 of them, it is good to be safe than sorry.

lol I had a big fat folder with me at the Embassy, but I didn't take personal correspondence or stuff like that, only official letters from banks, insurance company etc. In your case I do not think it can be a problem with getting the visa, remember, your petition was approved in a few days ;) ...and please, try to relax :lol:

take care

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.