shogun

Removal of conditions post divorce

3 posts in this topic

Quick update to note that all conditions have been removed post divorce. In this case, I took the advice of other forum members and submitted a lot of documentation and evidence stating the facts up front. Processing time was over 1 year and I kept having to get i-551 stamps in the interim. Once I got to the interview, i prepared all my documentation and some more and sat in for the interview with my attorney. To my surprise, they had not reviewed my file in detail and after 10 minutes of cursory discussions to validate facts about my case the agent seemed satisfied and told me they would reach out if need be. I insisted that she contact me directly should she need anything and happy to see 1.5 months later my case status adjusted accordingly. New GC has arrived with 10 yr expiration. Let me know if there are questions.

20 hours ago, shogun said:

Quick update to note that all conditions have been removed post divorce. In this case, I took the advice of other forum members and submitted a lot of documentation and evidence stating the facts up front. Processing time was over 1 year and I kept having to get i-551 stamps in the interim. Once I got to the interview, i prepared all my documentation and some more and sat in for the interview with my attorney. To my surprise, they had not reviewed my file in detail and after 10 minutes of cursory discussions to validate facts about my case the agent seemed satisfied and told me they would reach out if need be. I insisted that she contact me directly should she need anything and happy to see 1.5 months later my case status adjusted accordingly. New GC has arrived with 10 yr expiration. Let me know if there are questions.

Hi Shogun, congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Did you post your experience the Waiver Filers thread too?

How long were you married?

Did you include a long personal affidavit explaining details of your married life?

What advise did you get from your lawyer?

I'm now preparing to file for waiver myself.

Your advice means a lot!!

:jest: I-751 Journey 2018-19 (Hardship Waiver --> Divorce Waiver)

USPSed to VSC:                        April 10

Received by VSC:                     April 13

Received Date:                          April 16

NOA1 Date:                                May 7

Check Cashed:                          May 9

NOA1 Letter Received:          May 12

Biometrics Notice Dated:         May 25

Biometrics Notice Received:   June 4

Biometrics Appointment:         June 15 

Biometrics Done:                       June 8 (Walk-In)

Transfer to Texas SC:                 March 20

Case Ready for Interview:         August 23

Interview Scheduled:                 September 4

Married for about 15 months before separating. Lawyer didn't tell me anything I didn't already know or research myself. It did provide some comfort and lend credence to my application when meeting with agents I suppose. My affidavit was a page and a half long, but i had an overwhelming amount of evidence including photographs, video (on my cell phone), joint statements etc etc. It was bound, labeled and indexed which they appreciated but also asked not to send any additional evidence. My guess is that they were backed up on a lot of cases, hence the long processing time and my application made an overwhelmingly strong case on my behalf. All in all, I had nearly 4 inches worth of documents. Hope it helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.