11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

hi

I am planning to get married soon and then return back to US and file CR1. is there any particular paper that needs my spouse original signature in order file I130 or any original documents I need to bring with me

please let me know 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

orignals of sopuse birth certificate and marriage plus all pages of spouse passport and naitonal id 

plus 2 passport size photos  

On 1 section of the application is a space for spouse name and adddress to be written in spouse's native language so take the I 130 form with you and fill it out while you are there

read up on either this site or USCIS site to tell you the process and documents needed

make sure you do have some marriage photos and some with family 

always importatnt to show family especially the mother approves

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

orignals of sopuse birth certificate and marriage plus all pages of spouse passport and naitonal id 

plus 2 passport size photos  

On 1 section of the application is a space for spouse name and adddress to be written in spouse's native language so take the I 130 form with you and fill it out while you are there

read up on either this site or USCIS site to tell you the process and documents needed

make sure you do have some marriage photos and some with family 

always importatnt to show family especially the mother approves

Taken from the I-130 instructions:

A copy of your marriage certificate

Spouse birth certificate nor spouse passport is even listed

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, nickymicky said:

hi

I am planning to get married soon and then return back to US and file CR1. is there any particular paper that needs my spouse original signature in order file I130 or any original documents I need to bring with me

please let me know 

your spouse just a copied for I-130 and I-130A:
1- Birth of date
2- Marriage certificate
3- 2 Passport photos style (5x5) with white background 
4- Divorced/deceased certificate (if applicable)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you are the one applying

doesn't need her signatiure

and as for above if you don't send the passport with all pages and the birth certificate,  you are from a high fraud country and you will get an RFE

better to get these copies while you are in Nepal or take the chance of having them come later to you in slow mail and be unable to make the deadline to comply with an RFE

RFE can be 30 days,  30 business days or 60 days

just a suggestion 

one of our members was put in AP for over a year while they did research on his passport to see where he had traveled as they did not submit these passport pages 

save yourselves a long AP

Edited by adil-rafa

21 hours ago, nickymicky said:

form i130A says:

if you reside overseas then no need to sign that form.

so that means I can send this form without my spouse signature on it

yes

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

you are the one applying

and as for above if you don't send the passport with all pages and the birth certificate,  you are from a high fraud country and you will get an RFE

better to get these copies while you are in Nepal or take the chance of having them come later to you in slow mail and be unable to make the deadline to comply with an RFE

just a suggestion 

one of our members was put in AP for over a year while they did research on his passport to see where he had traveled as they did not submit these passport pages 

The US citizen is not "applyling" for anything.  They are filing a petition in behalf of the foreign spouse.  When filing the petition, there is no need to include anything from the passport of the foreigner or their birth certificate.  That comes at the NVC stage.  Only if you met in a third country and needed passport stamp copies to show you were BOTH in the SAME country at the same time, would anything other than the passport data page be needed from the foreigner and AGAIN, only at the NVC stage.

It would be rare to question the foreigner's travel at the petition stage as there are no question about it on the forms.

USCIS generally ignores items sent but not needed or requested.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/14/2017 at 8:41 AM, adil-rafa said:

you are the one applying

just a suggestion 

You don't get put into AP on the petition approval process at USCIS.  

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.