Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
47 minutes ago, DM4 said:

Understood. You may be, unfortunately, the "odd-ball" due to F2A concurent case, but hopefully will not lag too far behind the "N-400 only" cases. 

BTW, maybe something changed, but if I remember correctly from years ago, there was a rule of thumb that Permanent Residents should not even waste time with filing to sponsor their spouses because it will take so much time, that it's best to simply wait for Naturalization, and THEN file as US Citizen sponsoring spouse (quicker). 

I don't believe anything is odd with my case so far - there are plenty of January filers that files before me and are still waiting :) The N-400 filing has no connection to the I-130 I filed for my husband, which was approved a year ago and is therefore not even at USCIS anymore.

Agree that the above is a good thumb rule, but we are just waiting for his visa to be printed and shipped to my husband (embassy requested passport) so for us everything worked out and he may be here by the time I take my oath :) 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I don't believe anything is odd with my case so far - there are plenty of January filers that files before me and are still waiting :) The N-400 filing has no connection to the I-130 I filed for my husband, which was approved a year ago and is therefore not even at USCIS anymore.

Agree that the above is a good thumb rule, but we are just waiting for his visa to be printed and shipped to my husband (embassy requested passport) so for us everything worked out and he may be here by the time I take my oath :) 

Hi again. I didn't say there is anything odd with your case, I simply stated that your F2A pending concurently with N-400 may / or may not / affect processing time, but we can only speculate. Hope you get your notice soon. 

As far as Jan 2020 filers, I haven't seen anyone (except you) filing in Newark who did not get the notice yet. Timeline is silent on Jan 2020 filers updates.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BM123$ said:

Newark processing time increased to 15.5 month, Although I like your analysis but something is off with Newark and I still see a lot of January filers haven’t received interviews notices.

Newark processing time on website is for "inquaries", meaning your case should be adjudicated prior that time limit - again, just my interpretation. 

Now, to prove the 15.5 wrong, that would mean December 2019 NEWARK,NJ (important) filers would be interviewed in early April, and/or USCIS would now intervieweing November 2019 filers. 

Actual data, for those who UPDATED their timelines:

October 2019 NEWARK,NJ filers were interviewed around January 2021

(no data for Nov 2019 filers)

December 2019 NEWARK,NJ filers were interviewed around February 2021

Jan 2020 should be interviewed in March 2021 (notice early Feb) - In order to state Jan 2020 filers did NOT recive their NOTICE is to actually have those filers UPDATE/CONFIRM their status. I haven't seen them update.

Feb 2020 should be interviewed in April 2021 (notice early March).

Again, this is all speculations. 

Edited by DM4

Hi everyone. It’s crazy how Newark interview dates are so random. My friend who applied end of Jan 2020 already had her citizenship by mid Feb 2021. I filed March 2, 2020 and still no interview date. Whereas there is on March 1, 2020 filer on FB who already has interview scheduled for April. 

Timeline
Just now, Annabanana316 said:

Hi everyone. It’s crazy how Newark interview dates are so random. My friend who applied end of Jan 2020 already had her citizenship by mid Feb 2021. I filed March 2, 2020 and still no interview date. Whereas there is on March 1, 2020 filer on FB who already has interview scheduled for April. 

Yes, it’s very random. I know multiple January filers that are still waiting, some Februaries were scheduled lol.

I’m not in a rush either, it’ll happen when it happens.

As for case processing times - the 15.5 months mean that 50% of the cases were completed within 15.5 months so there are surely some still pending maybe even from December. 93% of cases completed within 17.5 months as of last month.

Given the large number of Newark filers and the rather tiny number we have here, I’m not sure how much we can analyze based on VJ data sadly.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Addy123 said:

Hey Guys, 

December filer - Interview got scheduled and the got cancelled/descheduled very next day. 

Does this happen to anyone here?

Newark office - December 2019 filer. 

Thanks 

That's weird. One person on facebook was joking if those with Arabic sounding names are placed in the back of the line hahaha. There was one post where everyone up until February 2020 had interviews scheduled except for folks with Arabic names were waiting back to September '19 filing.

Anyhow one other update that I just saw - a September 2019 filer had interview and oath today.

6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

That's weird. One person on facebook was joking if those with Arabic sounding names are placed in the back of the line hahaha. There was one post where everyone up until February 2020 had interviews scheduled except for folks with Arabic names were waiting back to September '19 filing.

Anyhow one other update that I just saw - a September 2019 filer had interview and oath today.

Sounds about right -  Ahlan Wa Sahlan to me then lol :D 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Update: September 2019 filers also scheduled for March, some December  2019 filers still waiting... It's hilarious...

Can I ask where you see that data? Those December 2020 Newark,NJ (location specific) filers who ACTUALLY UPDATED their profiles had their interviews already. 

Those who haven't updated their profiles for past 2 months show no change (obviously). The key is to pay attention to "last update" to cross reference.

I noticed trend to claim Dec2020/Jan2021 filers "still waiting" but many times those are ppl who did not update their profiles, which does not mean they haven't had progress on their cases (simply haven't had a chance to update this forum). 

Anyway, I did notice a trend to Newark/NYC, but again, does not apply to all, never will, as some cases are "typical" and others more complicated. Outliers / random cases always will be within a system. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, DM4 said:

Can I ask where you see that data?

Sure thing - I'm pretty active in the immiworld but more on facebook lately than here. Moderating two decent sized groups and member of some others and I filter by Newark Field office in Naturalization groups and see the updates who's waiting, who posts interview experience with dates etc

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Addy123 said:

Hey Guys, 

December filer - Interview got scheduled and the got cancelled/descheduled very next day. 

Does this happen to anyone here?

Newark office - December 2019 filer. 

Thanks 

Interesting. I did hear ppl stating they got their interviews re-scheduled due to weather, but to "schedule" and "cancel" next day that's new to me. Was it recent?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Sure thing - I'm pretty active in the immiworld but more on facebook lately than here. Moderating two decent sized groups and member of some others and I filter by Newark Field office in Naturalization groups and see the updates who's waiting, who posts interview experience with dates etc

Ok. Thanks for sharing the sources. I only check this site. Abandoned the FB long time ago but I may still have an account (I guess lol). Can you share FB group name, I'd like to check it out, thanks. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DM4 said:

Ok. Thanks for sharing the sources. I only check this site. Abandoned the FB long time ago but I may still have an account (I guess lol). Can you share FB group name, I'd like to check it out, thanks. 

Absolutely - this here is the group where I pulled all the info from that I posted above: https://www.facebook.com/groups/551200925085716

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, DM4 said:

According to my GUESStimates, by now, most if not all February 2020 Newark,NJ filers should have recently received interview date notice... can anyone confirm?

Hi. Filed on February 29, 2020. Biometrics cancelled and rescheduled for Dec 15, 2020. No interview date yet either

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.