Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Newark09_2019 said:

I would HIGHLY recommend using the MESSAGE FUNCTION in your inbox. Just be super-nice and bring yourself back on their screen!

I got the interview notice 5 days after bugging them for the second time... 🤣

What was your filing date?

Timeline
20 hours ago, Newark09_2019 said:

09/2019

But it was interesting that before they replied to my second message, the interview was "suddenly" scheduled...

The response then simply was: "Your interview was scheduled". 😂

Sorry you may have already stated this but what was the exact date in Sept u filed and what interview date did u get?  I filled Oct 22nd , i would like to see if i can estimate a date when i would get an interview.

Timeline
On 11/14/2020 at 1:15 PM, Newark09_2019 said:

I would HIGHLY recommend using the MESSAGE FUNCTION in your inbox. Just be super-nice and bring yourself back on their screen!

I got the interview notice 5 days after bugging them for the second time... 🤣

Lastly, it seems that the interview appointment was sent two week ahead of the actual appointment... i guess thats the time gap, heads up, they provide you to get ready.

4 hours ago, replaysports said:

Sorry you may have already stated this but what was the exact date in Sept u filed and what interview date did u get?  I filled Oct 22nd , i would like to see if i can estimate a date when i would get an interview.

September 13th 2019

3 hours ago, replaysports said:

Lastly, it seems that the interview appointment was sent two week ahead of the actual appointment... i guess thats the time gap, heads up, they provide you to get ready.

No - I got the new interview notice on October 16, for November 25. 

--> more than 5 weeks before the actual interview! 

Some people get it just a few days before the interview, others 2 weeks. There seems to be absolutely no rule for it...

Timeline
On 11/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, Newark09_2019 said:

September 13th 2019

No - I got the new interview notice on October 16, for November 25. 

--> more than 5 weeks before the actual interview! 

Some people get it just a few days before the interview, others 2 weeks. There seems to be absolutely no rule for it...

I should be getting my interview date soon!! 

The update on my case is as follows: As of November 12, 2019, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization...

It took my case 7 days to get updated to this, since today is the 19th and the update is that as of the 12th its being actively being reviewed. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 minutes ago, replaysports said:

I should be getting my interview date soon!! 

The update on my case is as follows: As of November 12, 2019, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization...

It took my case 7 days to get updated to this, since today is the 19th and the update is that as of the 12th its being actively being reviewed. 

It says as of November 2019, not 2020, right?

Mine says this since February 2020 - it’s impressive how long they are “actively reviewing” 😁

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Luke11 said:

Newark just announced a new lockdown for 10 days that could be extended.  Wonder what this means the USCIS office is closing down again.

No, USCIS is a federal building and can only be closed at the federal level. Place of business will also still remain opened for the most part regardless, its just the non essential businesses like restaurants indoor for eating, gyms, etc...

46 minutes ago, replaysports said:

No, USCIS is a federal building and can only be closed at the federal level. Place of business will also still remain opened for the most part regardless, its just the non essential businesses like restaurants indoor for eating, gyms, etc...

Plan is also for a blockade of the zip code by police cars who will only allow in those who show proof of residency there.  I suppose showing the USCIS letter copy should be sufficient there.

Timeline
8 hours ago, evds said:

I had my interview on 19th. Things went smoothly. Interview was about 15 min. Oath was same day.Original application was submitted on Sept 11, 2019. good luck to everyone

Can I ask when you got your interview letter for your interview date?

Timeline
8 hours ago, evds said:

letter was dated 16october, but received it ~26 october.

Thx for the info. Based on ur info and that of two other on here, I should be getting my interview scheduled/notice this week for the last week of Dec or first week on Jan 2021.... fingers crossed!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.