Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, skskskks said:

Done with interview and oath. All under 2 hrs at newark.

You cannot go in 15 mins before interview. So be prepared wait if you are early but it's better to be there early on time.

Went up to 15th floor. Presented appointment letter and waited 20 mins and was called in. Phones were allowed. 

Civic test was pretty straight forward, as was reading and writing.

Standard verification of things on application.

They gave me a receipt that I had passed. I was told finger print verification was taking time. I didnt know what that meant. Apparently it was happening a lot today. I was asked to wait.

Waited for another 30 mins. Then about 20 of us were asked to go to a room for oath. Got a certificate and passport application. 

Easy breezy. Years of waiting all culminating finally. I have to say it feels great. :) 

Congratulations! my appointment is on Nov 4th at Newark, did you get any weird questions about your forms?

35 minutes ago, Yaz86 said:

Congratulations! my appointment is on Nov 4th at Newark, did you get any weird questions about your forms?

Nothing weird from the forms just same questions. He didnt ask to look at originals either.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, skskskks said:

June 30 2019. Mine took extra long. Typically taking 13 months time now.

I hope you are right... I am now 12.5 months in and other than my biometrics , I have never gotten one notice from USCIS. I never even got an original interview schedule that required rescheduling, like some other have. I would have preferred that... at least I know that a set of eyes looked at my application!? Now all I know is that almost 13 months have passed and according to the USCIS web portal my application is "taking longer than expected..."

Timeline

For those of you who have recently interviewed in Mount Laurel can you tell me if they used your biometrics picture or took a new one the day of interview for your certificate? Also did they take fingerprints? Thanks so much for your help my interview is next week.

17 hours ago, roddie2k said:

Has anyone here have experience using Lawfully app? Seems they predict processing time based your case number.

I tried it the other day, the predicted completion date was sometime in late October which obviously came and went. I'm an early November 2019 filer and don't really expect to get an interview this year. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

When we went to N400 interview, Mount Laurel claimed to "not have our I751" or even know anything about its whereabouts, and our N400 couldn't move forward. Mount Laurel and USCIS were both absolutely no help, at all. We finally decided contacted Senator Bookers office for assistance. Two days later our I751 was approved after two years and N400 scheduled for oath.

The entire email exchanged between the senators office and USCIS was sent to us... the I751 was there the entire time, they lied straight to our face and got us all worked up over it being lost. Our I751 was listed as "pending review" with the officer assigned to it for over a year! And the liasion stated she would "let the officer know about the inquiry and encourage the officer to make a decision within 60 days"... So happy this is almost finally over.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Albania
Timeline

Congratulations to all you guys who made it through, especially during these difficult times.

My wife was initially scheduled on April 12th. She was rescheduled for October 14th, unfortunately we had to travel due to family issues (my father has cancer and we had to visit him abroad). Once we got ahold of the interview notice it was too late. We couldn't make it and quarantine for two weeks prior to attending, so we asked to be rescheduled once more. 

Does anyone have any idea on how long it takes when rescheduling out of your own will?

Thanks in advance for any help.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, nagylyndsey said:

When we went to N400 interview, Mount Laurel claimed to "not have our I751" or even know anything about its whereabouts, and our N400 couldn't move forward. Mount Laurel and USCIS were both absolutely no help, at all. We finally decided contacted Senator Bookers office for assistance. Two days later our I751 was approved after two years and N400 scheduled for oath.

The entire email exchanged between the senators office and USCIS was sent to us... the I751 was there the entire time, they lied straight to our face and got us all worked up over it being lost. Our I751 was listed as "pending review" with the officer assigned to it for over a year! And the liasion stated she would "let the officer know about the inquiry and encourage the officer to make a decision within 60 days"... So happy this is almost finally over.

Geez, they dragged you along to not even end up interviewing you or doing rfe? Your I751 could've just been approved at the original service center probably a year ago in that case, no need to even get sent to Mount Laurel. USCIS makes no sense. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I’m glad to hear that Bookers Team appears to be helpful. I contacted my Congress person first, with no response after 4 weeks and then contacted Bookers office. Hopefully they’ll be able to trigger some form of action :)

Timeline

How did you contact Cory Booker?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.