Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, Newark09_2019 said:

In case nobody mentioned this lately:

The Newark office SUC*S! 😒

Someone here said that all people who already had an interview which was then cancelled due to COVID-19 should receive a new appointment within 90 days.

Is there any web/news source supporting this claim?

We are now approaching day 120 and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in regards to re-scheduling happens... 🤬

Any suggestions other than to simply wait/sit this out?

(Filed 09/2019, Bio 09/2019, Original interview: 04/2020)

Have you been rescheduled yet? 

7 hours ago, Archi11 said:

Just got an update in the portal - the interview has been scheduled for November 6th.

Interesting -- we had the same ORIGINAL interview date but you filed about 2 weeks earlier than me.

Now, your re-scheduled interview is about 3 weeks earlier than mine. So I am assuming they do actually go by filing date...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

As an update to our case, we are scheduled for an Infopass appointment (for a stamp in passport) - I 751 extension letter expires end of October.  Appointment scheduled at Newark, NJ office for November 2.

We filed for N400 in June.

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Timeline
13 hours ago, Yaz86 said:

No! I'm still waiting, did you get anything yet?

Today is 1 year since I filled and I have not yet received any notice EVER, was never scheduled to be rescheduled either. But based on two other that received their dates this week and were early and mid Sept, you should be coming up this wee or next and I should hopefully shortly there after. I would imagine my date for interview would be late Dec or early Jan of 2021.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 10/21/2020 at 8:09 AM, replaysports said:

Today is 1 year since I filled and I have not yet received any notice EVER, was never scheduled to be rescheduled either. But based on two other that received their dates this week and were early and mid Sept, you should be coming up this wee or next and I should hopefully shortly there after. I would imagine my date for interview would be late Dec or early Jan of 2021.

I just received my interview date, Nov 4th! it's a short notice but it's better than nothing

I received a mail and my online portal was not updated

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Yaz86 said:

I just received my interview date, Nov 4th! it's a short notice but it's better than nothing

I received a mail and my online portal was not updated

Congratulations! Looks like they’re at an approx 13 months timeline now. So sad. Looks like I won’t have my interview until we (hopefully) have a new President 

Done with interview and oath. All under 2 hrs at newark.

You cannot go in 15 mins before interview. So be prepared wait if you are early but it's better to be there early on time.

Went up to 15th floor. Presented appointment letter and waited 20 mins and was called in. Phones were allowed. 

Civic test was pretty straight forward, as was reading and writing.

Standard verification of things on application.

They gave me a receipt that I had passed. I was told finger print verification was taking time. I didnt know what that meant. Apparently it was happening a lot today. I was asked to wait.

Waited for another 30 mins. Then about 20 of us were asked to go to a room for oath. Got a certificate and passport application. 

Easy breezy. Years of waiting all culminating finally. I have to say it feels great. :) 

9 minutes ago, skskskks said:

You cannot go in 15 mins before interview. So be prepared wait if you are early but it's better to be there early on time.

Went up to 15th floor. Presented appointment letter and waited 20 mins and was called in. Phones were allowed. 

They gave me a receipt that I had passed. I was told finger print verification was taking time. I didnt know what that meant. Apparently it was happening a lot today. I was asked to wait.

Waited for another 30 mins. Then about 20 of us were asked to go to a room for oath. Got a certificate and passport application. 

Easy breezy. Years of waiting all culminating finally. I have to say it feels great. :) 

Amazing! Congratulations! When did you originally file? I wonder how long this wait will be...

Timeline
23 minutes ago, skskskks said:

When do you file your N-400?

On 10/21/2020 at 8:09 AM, replaysports said:

I am in the same boat. I filed in early Nov 2019. Fingerprints in Dec and haven't heard anything about interview yet. I am assuming it will sometime in Dec or Jan 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.