Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Sebat4 said:

Hello All and fellow NJ people

I will be filing for my US Citizenship (based on 3 years marrage to a US Citizen) in the middle of the November 2020. I have a question about the filing Should I do a paper application with evidance and proof of marriage, living together and all that amazin stuff that is required or can I apply online and will I be able to submit all the paperwork required online, for example in one big pdf. file or should? I don't know how that works with online. Anyone could advice me? Thank you.

Online is better, I had consulted several N400ed-citizens, they all support E-filing instead of mailing hardcopy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Sebat4 said:

Hello All and fellow NJ people

I will be filing for my US Citizenship (based on 3 years marrage to a US Citizen) in the middle of the November 2020. I have a question about the filing Should I do a paper application with evidance and proof of marriage, living together and all that amazin stuff that is required or can I apply online and will I be able to submit all the paperwork required online, for example in one big pdf. file or should? I don't know how that works with online. Anyone could advice me? Thank you.

If you apply online you have to scan and upload all the evidence. They literally tell you what evidence to upload and where to do it. Its pretty simple.

We got an RFE to resubmit all the documents we uploaded in paper form so for us I wish we would've just done paper because it made all that scanning and uploading pointless, but Mount Laurel for some reason has been nothing but problems for us. 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Applied on May 23- Field Office - Newark, NJ  - No biometric appointment so far.

When I checked with USCIS last month, the agent asked me to call back today (Oct 13th) as it would mark 90 days since the field office reopened. and it would enable me to open a ticket with them to setup an appointment.

When I spoke today, the agent said there was no way to setup an appointment- you have to wait in line. Also it appears biometric cases are backed up - and USCIS is hoping to get those appointments out by Oct 27th. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, roddie2k said:

Applied on May 23- Field Office - Newark, NJ  - No biometric appointment so far.

When I checked with USCIS last month, the agent asked me to call back today (Oct 13th) as it would mark 90 days since the field office reopened. and it would enable me to open a ticket with them to setup an appointment.

When I spoke today, the agent said there was no way to setup an appointment- you have to wait in line. Also it appears biometric cases are backed up - and USCIS is hoping to get those appointments out by Oct 27th. 

Sounds like the mis-information line strikes again. Field offices are not doing the biometric appointments, these are being held at ASC (Application Support Centers) which to my knowledge re-opened late July/early August. E.g. my field office is Newark, but since I live in Jersey City I was assigned to an ASC in Manhattan.

I think you can try calling them until somebody is willing to enter a service request, but to my knowledge it’s true that they can’t setup appointments over the phone.

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Sounds like the mis-information line strikes again. Field offices are not doing the biometric appointments, these are being held at ASC (Application Support Centers) which to my knowledge re-opened late July/early August. E.g. my field office is Newark, but since I live in Jersey City I was assigned to an ASC in Manhattan.

I think you can try calling them until somebody is willing to enter a service request, but to my knowledge it’s true that they can’t setup appointments over the phone.

Right- the call made today was to have them enter a service request -which they were unwilling to do. In fact, when my spouse ( who has also applied) called , they said "service requests can only be entered for those who need to reschedule their appointments". GROAN!!

I'm curious to know if anyone was successful in raising this service request at all?

Edited by roddie2k

On 10/1/2020 at 10:26 AM, BPS288 said:

My interview just got scheduled for Mount Laurel for November 4th. Do they have same day oaths if your interview is afternoon?

Mine was in August at 2pm and  after the interview they did same day ceremony which now it is only like 5 minutes. Everyone in Mount Laurel is super nice. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, geroaj said:

Mine was in August at 2pm and  after the interview they did same day ceremony which now it is only like 5 minutes. Everyone in Mount Laurel is super nice. Good luck.

You are lucky, Mount Laurel is processing a lot faster than it counterpart in Newark!! I wish the would distribute the case loads evenly between the two field offices in NJ, this way it could truly operate on a first come first service basis.. I would drive down to there if required...

On 9/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, Sal53 said:

We just finished completing interview and oath ceremony similar to your case in Newark.  Spouse was in Sep 15 and mine was in Sep 16. I did not require her Naturalization Certificate during my interview next day. IO did ask about her status during interview I just responded she became a citizen previous day. 

This was super helpful, thanks! How did you get notified about the new interview date?

Did it appear on USCIS portal first or they mailed it/called you directly?

Timeline
12 hours ago, geroaj said:

Thanks for the info! Mines at 230pm hoping for a smooth experience as I’m super nervous. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Archi11 said:

Yes, we filed 08/2019, and the interview was originally scheduled for 04/28/2020.

Are you adjudicated to the Newark office?  Also sorry to hear about the reschedule... so i'm guessing if you haven't gotten a new date and your 8/2019 i still have ways to wait since i'm 10/2019 to the Newark office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.