Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/30/2020 at 12:22 PM, nagylyndsey said:

Has anyone heard anything out of Mount Laurel? Our estimated completion date for N400 was July 2020, obviously didn’t happen. The completion date is just empty now... 

I’ve seen one rescheduled interview that was supposed to happen in March rescheduled for August so at that rate I’m guessing citizenship in 2021... 

My estimated date was July 2020

as well and it disappeared last week. Now I have the message “we are taking longer than expected to proceed your case”. I made an enquiry about this happening and I got the below response back in my uscis account inbox :Thank you for your inquiry dated July 26, 2020.
Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization. 
Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office. Interview appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Field Office. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Interview Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Field Office. You must take the Interview Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. Please review the Interview Appointment Notice for any other requirements. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 hours ago, BPS288 said:

My estimated date was July 2020

as well and it disappeared last week. Now I have the message “we are taking longer than expected to proceed your case”. I made an enquiry about this happening and I got the below response back in my uscis account inbox :Thank you for your inquiry dated July 26, 2020.
Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization. 
Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for interviews at their local Field Office. Interview appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the Field Office. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an Interview Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local Field Office. You must take the Interview Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. Please review the Interview Appointment Notice for any other requirements. 

Thanks for sharing. My countdown will be done in 15 days but I'm a January filer in Newark so I'll probably look at another 6 months wait or so.

Fingers crossed for you that the inquiry triggered something at least :) 

On 8/1/2020 at 3:34 PM, Quarknase said:

Update: My estimated case completion time changed from October to September today, and the countdown from 15 days to "We're taking longer"... haha...

Hahah 

I finished my interview and waiting on oath ceremony but the completion date showed at Oct 2020! But received in mail that oath is scheduled for Aug 28!!! 

Timeline
12 hours ago, RVPT said:

Hahah 

I finished my interview and waiting on oath ceremony but the completion date showed at Oct 2020! But received in mail that oath is scheduled for Aug 28!!! 

That's awesome, congrats!

Those timeline estimates are irritating to say the least. You filed in June 2019 (?) - est. completion Oct 2020. I filed in Jan 20 - est completion Sept 2020. How? lol

7 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

That's awesome, congrats!

Those timeline estimates are irritating to say the least. You filed in June 2019 (?) - est. completion Oct 2020. I filed in Jan 20 - est completion Sept 2020. How? lol

Lucky you! Don't complain!

Would have finished in March 2020. USCIS closed the day before my interview!

At some other USCIS location, people who filed in June 2019 finished by Dec 2019 so its just Newark which has a lot of immigrant population which makes it very delayed!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RVPT said:

Lucky you! Don't complain!

Would have finished in March 2020. USCIS closed the day before my interview!

At some other USCIS location, people who filed in June 2019 finished by Dec 2019 so its just Newark which has a lot of immigrant population which makes it very delayed!

Oh I don't think my estimate is anywhere close to reality. I haven't had an interview yet and looking at the speed in Newark, won't have one anytime soon :(

I still have hope, but want to manage expectations properly...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

hi all,

Just a quick note to say I filed n400 at mt laurel in November. Biometrics done that month, had interview scheduled for 4/15/20 (de-scheduled on 4/1/20) and still waiting for new date. Case completion estimate date disappeared a while ago and last update is still "we scheduled your interview" from back in march... 

Finally passed my citizenship interview at Mt Laurel today, I applied in September 2019 and my original scheduled date was March 20th, of course it was Cancelled . I remember the night of March 17 I had just finished my reading my civics and checked visa journey lo and behold someone posted that uscis had suspended interviews, I was sad but in life things happen.

On the 9th of July while at work I checked my documents tab and noticed I had been rescheduled for August 4, I felt it was a long way but I was happy and grateful I had a date. Here’s the kicker,on the night of Sunday 2nd August I read that Hurricane Isaias would land on the east coast on Tuesday Aug 4, in my head I was like how come it was this day of all days.

Throughout the last 48 hours I stayed glued to the news but I was resolved to drive to the field office. I woke up this morning and and saw that the governor of NJ had declared a state of emergency but of course I knew uscis was a federal building but like I said I was resolved to go anyway. 

My. Appointment was at 9:30, I left my house at 7:30 and got there just after 8, I went to the entrance and I spoke with the security who emphasized my appointment time and that I can only come in 15 minutes prior, I told him I knew but there was an impending rain which I had to beat and I also wanted to be sure the office was opened. He went in, spoke with someone and I was told to come in. While I was waiting outside for the security guy there was a lady who told me She was told they couldn’t interview her because she works at a hospital, I felt bad for her and I said I hope I don’t get turned back also.
 When I got in I went to the receptionist and did all the necessary check in protocols, and waited for my interView. A gentleman called me and took me to an office and Told me it was going to be a virtual interview. There was a lady I could see through the iPad, she swore me under oath asked me six questions and passed, the Questions  were;
1 what is freedom of religion
2what do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution 
3how many justices are on the Supreme Court
4how old do citizens have to be to vote
5 Name 3 original colonies
6 l forgot  the Last question.

I had a printer in the office I was, and she would print out things I needed signed or need to read. The reading part was Who do we pay taxes to , the writing part was we pay taxes to the government.She went over all of the yes/ no questions , she didn’t skip a single one And everything was over.She told me I was approved and led me back to the lobby where I waited before taken the oath, as most of you know Jersey is one of the states pre-COVID that did same day oath. Got oath done and received my naturalization certificate. Couldn’t apply for passport because the post office close to my house lost power I also lost power and the state office that also does passport application were closed due to the state of emergency.

I have heard a lot of stories about the mount laurel office and honestly everyone was/is pleasant, from the interviewer to the remaining office staffs. These people come across as people who genuinely want you to become citizens.

Visa journey and all the other immigration forums have helped and will still help guide people in the future, with this I say Thank you for those behind it And also to every single one of you guys; your inputs, suggestions and answers has helped tremendously on this forum.God bless you all.

One last thing I must say or add is that we all in this forum want to be American citizens and call it our home which is a thing of joy but I want us to also dwell on the most Important home , which is the home our father and savior Jesus prepared for us in heaven. 

Jesus loves you and he wants us to trust him, He is LORD and SAVIOR.

Thanks so much 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Stevenisblessed said:
Finally passed my citizenship interview at Mt Laurel today, I applied in September 2019 and my original scheduled date was March 20th, of course it was Cancelled . I remember the night of March 17 I had just finished my reading my civics and checked visa journey lo and behold someone posted that uscis had suspended interviews, I was sad but in life things happen.

On the 9th of July while at work I checked my documents tab and noticed I had been rescheduled for August 4, I felt it was a long way but I was happy and grateful I had a date. Here’s the kicker,on the night of Sunday 2nd August I read that Hurricane Isaias would land on the east coast on Tuesday Aug 4, in my head I was like how come it was this day of all days.

Throughout the last 48 hours I stayed glued to the news but I was resolved to drive to the field office. I woke up this morning and and saw that the governor of NJ had declared a state of emergency but of course I knew uscis was a federal building but like I said I was resolved to go anyway. 

My. Appointment was at 9:30, I left my house at 7:30 and got there just after 8, I went to the entrance and I spoke with the security who emphasized my appointment time and that I can only come in 15 minutes prior, I told him I knew but there was an impending rain which I had to beat and I also wanted to be sure the office was opened. He went in, spoke with someone and I was told to come in. While I was waiting outside for the security guy there was a lady who told me She was told they couldn’t interview her because she works at a hospital, I felt bad for her and I said I hope I don’t get turned back also.
 When I got in I went to the receptionist and did all the necessary check in protocols, and waited for my interView. A gentleman called me and took me to an office and Told me it was going to be a virtual interview. There was a lady I could see through the iPad, she swore me under oath asked me six questions and passed, the Questions  were;
1 what is freedom of religion
2what do we call the first ten amendments to the constitution 
3how many justices are on the Supreme Court
4how old do citizens have to be to vote
5 Name 3 original colonies
6 l forgot  the Last question.

I had a printer in the office I was, and she would print out things I needed signed or need to read. The reading part was Who do we pay taxes to , the writing part was we pay taxes to the government.She went over all of the yes/ no questions , she didn’t skip a single one And everything was over.She told me I was approved and led me back to the lobby where I waited before taken the oath, as most of you know Jersey is one of the states pre-COVID that did same day oath. Got oath done and received my naturalization certificate. Couldn’t apply for passport because the post office close to my house lost power I also lost power and the state office that also does passport application were closed due to the state of emergency.

I have heard a lot of stories about the mount laurel office and honestly everyone was/is pleasant, from the interviewer to the remaining office staffs. These people come across as people who genuinely want you to become citizens.

Visa journey and all the other immigration forums have helped and will still help guide people in the future, with this I say Thank you for those behind it And also to every single one of you guys; your inputs, suggestions and answers has helped tremendously on this forum.God bless you all.

One last thing I must say or add is that we all in this forum want to be American citizens and call it our home which is a thing of joy but I want us to also dwell on the most Important home , which is the home our father and savior Jesus prepared for us in heaven. 

Jesus loves you and he wants us to trust him, He is LORD and SAVIOR.

Thanks so much 

Congratulations!!!

Quick update, I received my oath ceremony in the mail but my oath was done same day, I guess it was computer generated. This is just for you guys who do same day oath not to worry because it just automatically generates. The date in the letter was the same day I did my oath which was past. 
Hope everyone still going through this journey finds favor and success in Jesus name Amen.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 1:27 PM, Quarknase said:

Thanks for sharing. My countdown will be done in 15 days but I'm a January filer in Newark so I'll probably look at another 6 months wait or so.

Fingers crossed for you that the inquiry triggered something at least :) 

I just got another update when I did a follow up to my question. My case case is at the MT Laurel office and my jurisdiction is for Newark! The mount laurel office is only 45 mins from where I live and from the looks for processing times the mount laurel office is quicker than Newark. Crossing my fingers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.