Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
14 hours ago, A&U said:

finally status changed interview scheduled 😍 PD Sep 25 guys

that's awesome.... Filled 6 weeks after you.... I hope to see mine change in the coming weeks as well...

Edited by hayito

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

24 hours old US Citizen

Got my interview and same day oath (only perk of NJ).

Arrived 20 minutes early and interview started 20 mins late, IO V. RODRIGUEZ was very professional.

Right hand up and oath that all what I'll say is the truth

1. Personal data verification.
  2. Name changes if any (denied).
  3. supposed to be updating the application but system was acting up, so she so professionally skipped to the next step.
  4. Civics (not in order)
    1. What is freedom of religion.
    2. What is the age for males to sign for selective service.
    3. Who is the chief of the Military.
    4. Name a part of the government.
    5. During the cold war what was the main concern, 
    6. When do we celebrate independence day.
  5. Read: Who is George Washington?
  6. Write on the tablet ahead: Washington was the first president.
  7. Generic No/Yes questions
  8. Back to update the application, corrected the destination of my travels after the application that they got wrong.
  9. Asked for my spouse's original birth certificate (3 yrs rule).
  10. Check and sign how my details would look like on the naturalization certificate.
  11. Recommended for approval.

Time: ~20-30 mins mainly because system being slow.

Back to waiting area, with pre-oath documents that I checked boxes saying nothing has changed since my interview, signed and dated.

Got an message from USCIS, status changed, checked and it said, oath ceremony has been scheduled and we mailed you the notice.

Got called to a window where I gave them the pre-oath document, signed a copy and the original naturalization certificate after verifying sure information is correct and gave me a flag and an envelope with passport application and oath copy. 

Back to waiting area where I relentlessly chased my son around and everyone saying he is cute and how come he is white and I'm brown-ish and me smiling socially while my wife sat in the back literally having contractions for our baby#2 (real story) that was delivered 7hrs later.

Got called to the oath room families sat in the back 99% citizens up front, watched a video, national anthem, oath, watched Mr. Trump welcoming the now 100% citizens cause we swore the oath, got original certificate, darted to the hospital.

Whole thing took ~4 hrs.

Applied for passport 3 hours ago, so I can come back to my country if I had to leave for any reason.

Mail man, stapled through the $555 certificate so carelessly.

When it comes back I'll then update SS, DMV(MVA) records and register to vote.

I'M DONE

Local Office: Newark, NJ

N400 Timeline

90 Day window opens...........08/08/18

N-400 filed (Online)...............09/02/18 (Didn't know I can file with a pending i751 till that date)

Receipt notice (Online).......................09/02/18 (Estimated completion: 1YR)

Receipt notice (In mail).......................09/07/18

Biometrics scheduled  ..........09/08/18

Biometrics letter rcvd (Online) ..........09/10/18

Biometrics letter rcvd (In mail) ..........09/14/18

Biometrics completed (Early walk-in).......09/10/18

Biometrics appointment.......09/25/18

Biometrics reviewed.............09/11/18 (Estimated completion date shortened by 1 month)

Interview scheduled .............03/06/19

Interview letter rcvd (online)............03/07/19

Interview letter rcvd (In mail) ..........03/11/19

Interview date................................04/24/19 (234 days after filing)

Oath.......................................04/24/19

US Citizen

Timeline
5 hours ago, Im-patient said:

24 hours old US Citizen

Got my interview and same day oath (only perk of NJ).

Arrived 20 minutes early and interview started 20 mins late, IO V. RODRIGUEZ was very professional.

Right hand up and oath that all what I'll say is the truth

1. Personal data verification.
  2. Name changes if any (denied).
  3. supposed to be updating the application but system was acting up, so she so professionally skipped to the next step.
  4. Civics (not in order)
    1. What is freedom of religion.
    2. What is the age for males to sign for selective service.
    3. Who is the chief of the Military.
    4. Name a part of the government.
    5. During the cold war what was the main concern, 
    6. When do we celebrate independence day.
  5. Read: Who is George Washington?
  6. Write on the tablet ahead: Washington was the first president.
  7. Generic No/Yes questions
  8. Back to update the application, corrected the destination of my travels after the application that they got wrong.
  9. Asked for my spouse's original birth certificate (3 yrs rule).
  10. Check and sign how my details would look like on the naturalization certificate.
  11. Recommended for approval.

Time: ~20-30 mins mainly because system being slow.

Back to waiting area, with pre-oath documents that I checked boxes saying nothing has changed since my interview, signed and dated.

Got an message from USCIS, status changed, checked and it said, oath ceremony has been scheduled and we mailed you the notice.

Got called to a window where I gave them the pre-oath document, signed a copy and the original naturalization certificate after verifying sure information is correct and gave me a flag and an envelope with passport application and oath copy. 

Back to waiting area where I relentlessly chased my son around and everyone saying he is cute and how come he is white and I'm brown-ish and me smiling socially while my wife sat in the back literally having contractions for our baby#2 (real story) that was delivered 7hrs later.

Got called to the oath room families sat in the back 99% citizens up front, watched a video, national anthem, oath, watched Mr. Trump welcoming the now 100% citizens cause we swore the oath, got original certificate, darted to the hospital.

Whole thing took ~4 hrs.

Applied for passport 3 hours ago, so I can come back to my country if I had to leave for any reason.

Mail man, stapled through the $555 certificate so carelessly.

When it comes back I'll then update SS, DMV(MVA) records and register to vote.

I'M DONE

Congratulations!!! 

When did you submit the N400?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 hours ago, hayito said:

Congratulations!!! 

When did you submit the N400?

9/2/18

Local Office: Newark, NJ

N400 Timeline

90 Day window opens...........08/08/18

N-400 filed (Online)...............09/02/18 (Didn't know I can file with a pending i751 till that date)

Receipt notice (Online).......................09/02/18 (Estimated completion: 1YR)

Receipt notice (In mail).......................09/07/18

Biometrics scheduled  ..........09/08/18

Biometrics letter rcvd (Online) ..........09/10/18

Biometrics letter rcvd (In mail) ..........09/14/18

Biometrics completed (Early walk-in).......09/10/18

Biometrics appointment.......09/25/18

Biometrics reviewed.............09/11/18 (Estimated completion date shortened by 1 month)

Interview scheduled .............03/06/19

Interview letter rcvd (online)............03/07/19

Interview letter rcvd (In mail) ..........03/11/19

Interview date................................04/24/19 (234 days after filing)

Oath.......................................04/24/19

US Citizen

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Sharing Newark Experience (you can see my timeline here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=219702)

10:45 AM appointment on 24th of July. Arrived 30 minutes earlier, as informed in the letter. Was directed to 15th floor, where USCIS processes Naturalization cases.

When I entered, the waiting room was full. Around 11:10AM (half-an-hour-ish after the scheduled time), Immigration Officer called me in for an interview.

Moment I entered, I swore that I will be "telling the truth, so help me God." Immediately after, the process starts with a series of questions that you probably were informed to memorize/study for:

• What territory did the US purchase from France in 1803?
  • What month do you vote for the President?
  • What are the two major political parties in the United States?
  • Name one duty for US citizens only.
  • What are the first ten amendments to the Constitution called?
  • When was the Constitution written?

Then, I was asked to read a question that was shown on an iPad, then I was supposed to write down the response the IO gave corresponding to the question. (This just purely assesses your reading, listening, and writing ability -- not really a civics test, although the content itself covers US history & politics).

Going over the series of responses I put on N-400. This is to ensure that your responses stayed consistent since you filed to your interview date (8 months can be a long time for a lot of thing could happen). Unless something critical showed up, such as you committing a serious crime during that period, or traveling beyond 6 months / 1 year that would break continuous residence, everything would pass by.

Final conclusion of the interview will ask for any name changes, which I did not ask for, and confirmation of your information to be correct, as displayed on the iPad (such as your names, DOB, address, etc.) You will sign these on the iPad.

I did have two traffic infractions. I did say "yes" when I filed for the form asking "Have you ever been cited..". I explained and provided the court-certified copies of disposition AND fine receipts.

Just a set of tips:

• Do report traffic violations (regardless of the fine amount). A lot of people misinterpret official instructions from USCIS, "You do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines or incidents that did not involve an arrest or did not involve drugs or alcohol, if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 or points on your driving record." It says you do not need to submit documentation, not you do not need to write. You don't need to prove it, but you still need to write it to be on the safe side. It's okay, it happens. These are public records that anyone can find. You do not want to hide it; honesty is the key.
  • Do pay the fine. If you don't, that's when things arise to raise the red flag on your naturalization eligibility.
  • Do get physical receipts & disposition after the fine is paid, preferably certified. These generally contain a seal from the court. Contact the court to obtain these.
    • Do get police reports, if it involved accidents. Basically, you want to prove there are no injuries.
    • If there were, bring evidences that you went through proper procedures, such as insurance reports, (no hit-and-run) etc.

Basically, having something to prove will always save your life. Having it when not needed is much better than the other case (not having it when needed).

Obviously, as one was a traffic accident without injuries and one was just a pure speeding ticket, they didn't hinder my eligibility, as they do not consist of any felonies or serious crimes. It did make my interview a bit longer, as the officer needed supervisor's approval, but ultimately I got approved and was told to wait in the waiting room for signing my naturalization certificates. I got a cute mini-flag and an envelope containing passport application form, a "welcome" pamphlet, and a hand-signed letter from the President (Trump), generically welcoming me to the United States.

Around 1:30 PM, everyone in the waiting room was directed to the ceremony room. The whole Oath Ceremony took around 30-40 minutes. 60+ new citizens were sworn in, represented by 24 nations around the world. Though our origins were different, we are now the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi NJ filers,

I had an interview on April 22nd (last month) at Mt Laurel and could not be approved due not enough proof of address (recently moved to Jersey from Florida) and an RFE was issued to which I immediately replied. I woke up today with great news that my N400 was approved and the Oath Ceremony will be scheduled.

Since NJ do daily oath ceremonies I wonder how long will it take till I have a ceremony? Since this is extra bureaucracy I worry it'll be too long. 

Anyone on the same boat?

---------------------------------- AOS ---------------------------------------------------------

February 28, 2015: AOS Packet Sent via FedEX to Chicago Lockbox: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131.

DAY 19 - March 21, 2015: NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled on 04/01/2015

DAY 77 - May 19, 2015: EAD and AP has been approved "We ordered your new card"

DAY 84 - May 26, 2015: We mailed your EAD to the address you gave us/USPS picked up the Card

DAY 85 - May 27, 2015: Interview Scheduled for June 29, 2015.

** May 29: Traveled with my AP back to my country and came back three weeks after with no problems Click here to ready the report **

DAY 117 - June 29, 2015: Had our interview. Approved on the spot.

DAY 124 - July 6, 2015: Welcome noticed received.

DAY 134 - July 16, 2015: Green Card delivered to my home by USPS - END OF AOS -

---------------------------------- ROC ---------------------------------------------------------

DAY 1 - April 7, 2017: Sent I-751 to CSC

Timeline

Hi! I applied for my naturalization in April 2019. I already did my biometric on May 7th.

i live in Jersey City, 

will my interview be in Newark, NJ?

my biometric appointment was in NYC at the Varick St office.

my case says estimated time 10 month, March 2020. How accurate is that?

thank you  for the answers! 

Timeline
On 5/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, Grumpycatnj said:

Hi! I applied for my naturalization in April 2019. I already did my biometric on May 7th.

i live in Jersey City, 

will my interview be in Newark, NJ?

my biometric appointment was in NYC at the Varick St office.

my case says estimated time 10 month, March 2020. How accurate is that?

thank you  for the answers! 

Should hopefully a little earlier... November filer still waiting for Interview to be scheduled..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.