Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Mrs. JHH said:

Thank you! 

I barely slept last night out of anxiety :(

trying to fall asleep again since I have a few hours before heading to the field office. Ugh, I wish I was well rested for my interview 😫 

wish me luck guys!

ill try to remember every single detail to share with you all 

good luck to you all!

J

How was your interview today??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry for the delay, I am still recovering from celebrating last night :). Yes, I got approved. Here is what happened:

My husband and I got at 972 Broad St, Newark Rodino Federal building at around 12:15 for a 1 pm interview appointment. We pass through security that is a tsa like security (removed shoes and put all the belongings in a bin). Got the elevator and went straight to the 15th floor. There was another guard at the door, she said I couldn't go in until 12:30, we went to the cafeteria on the 2nd floor for about 10 minutes. When it was 12:30, we went back to the 15th floor and the guard let me through and I went to window 1. At window one, the lady asked to see my appt letter and GC. She found my name on a list and sent me to the 14th Floor. There, I checked in on a n400 window and the lady said "have a seat and we will call your name". At this point it was 12:45. After a loooooong wait, I was called in at 2:15pm by a very sweet lady (Ms. Sudha Yeragudi). My husband remained in the wait room. I went to her office and she told me to put my belongings in a chair, remain standing and raise my right had. She said "Do you swear to tell the truth...so help you God?" "I Do", Have a Seat.

She then took a picture of me, and took finger prints digitally (like in biometrics) only of index fingers and thumbs. First question: What is you maiden last name? (I have changed my name during my GC interview to my married name). I told her, she was very confused looking at her screen. She asked me: "Can I please see your passport?" I pulled out all of my expired and current passport, she wanted to see the most current one (which has my married name) then she said "Why doesn't your passport have your maiden name?" She was so confused and I deep inside was frustrated with her concussion but then I said "After I got married and got my green card, I also got married in my home country and therefore updated my last name in my passport as well, here is my old passport with my maiden name". She moved on. Next she said "I don't understand why your application has a lot of blank answers..." I said "I applied online and I noticed that the system prompted me to skipped a few questions as they don't apply to me". She said "We can't leave it blank, so I'll ask you anyway". I said "Ok, I understand". So she asked:

"What is your address" -- I told her

She casually asked: "Where my town was located, I never heard of it" -- So I explained to her ( I believe she was just accessing ability to speak English)

"Are your parents US Citizens?" - -No

"What's the name of your husband?" -- I said his name

"How many times have you been married?"  -- once, to my current husband and never been married before and the same applies to my husband.

"Do you have any children?" -- No

"How tall are you?" -- 5' 4"

"From 1933 to 1945 have you been a member of the Nazi group?" No (in my head: uuuhhh I wasn't even in this world!)

"Have you been arrested before?" --No

"Have you assisted anyone in committing any crime or offense?" - -No

"Have you assisted in anyway anyone to immigrate to the United States illegally?  --No

She asked a few more of those silly "have you ever" questions which the answer were all NO

Then she asked the "yes" questions:

Do you support the constitution, Would you be willing to bear arms on behalf of the United States, do important work for the nation if needed, etc...

All Yes answers.

She said lets move on to your test, the questions were:

Name one of the senators of your state -- Cory Booker

What is the capital of your state? -- Trenton

Why does the flag have 13 stripes? -- Because the stripes represent the original colonies

Who was the president during WWI - Woodrow Wilson

Who the United States fight during WW2? -- Japan, Germany and Italy 

What's the name of the Vice President now? -- Mike Pence

Reading portion:

a sentence popped up in an iPad in front of me and I had to read to her:

"Who elects congress"

Then the next screen on the Ipad showed lines where I needed to write the answer that she gave me, so I wrote:

"The people elect Congress" 

Then she was silent for a long two minutes (this was so awkward)

Then she asked me: "Why did it take so long for you to apply for citizenship?" I said it was a hectic year for me with moving states and school when I became eligible.

She said: "At least you're here today, I was just wondering if at any point you had any doubts on becoming a citizen of the US" 

I said "Not at all, I just wanted to devote my time into applying with no distractions, I wanted to make sure I did it right"

She said "Congratulations, I'm sending you to approval, go back to the 15th floor, give this letter and the GC and You will be sworn today!"

Then I got my husband and we went back to the 15th floor, waited for a good 45 minutes and we went to another room with about 50 people plus their relatives. Applicants we interacted to sit in the front of the room and relatives in the back, but they could watch the whole ceremony. We did the whole thing - Watch a video, swear the Oath of allegiance, Nat anthem, pledge of allegiance, watched a video of our clown of a president read pathetically from a teleprompter words that he didn't mean... The nice IO explained the contents of our packages: Passport forms, voting and SS info. Finally they called each one of us to give us our certificate. They stress the importance to check our info in the certificate because in case it was incorrect they could fix it right then for free, but if you leave the building and realized something were wrong it would cost us $500 + to fix it and it could take months. So we did a double, triple check and were sent on our marry way! We left the building at 3:55pm. 

Overall, all the people working at that office that I interacted with were really really nice and respectful, all of them said congratulations! 

My husband and I celebrated at our local pub and I had a big burger and several beers!

What a Journey, you guys!

Here is my timeline: 

Applied online on July 15 2018,

Scheduled biometrics: July 21, 2018

Biometrics received: August 9, 2018

Interview scheduled on January 16, 2019 

Interview March 7, 2019

Hangover March 8, 2019 :D 

Good luck everyone!!!

01/22/2011 - Met my now husband

06/09/2012 - Married the Best man in the world!

07/14/2012 - Mailed I-130 and I-485 packages

07/23/2012 - USCIS cashed our checks

07/25/2012 - Received Notice of Action letters for I-130, I-485 and I-765.

07/25/2012 - Received ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics. Biometrics scheduled for 08/14/2012 in Norfolk, VA.

08/07/2012 - Successful Walk-in Early Biometrics taken at a different ASC location (Alexandria, VA).

08/13/2012 - Called the FBI to ask about biometrics. USCIS have them!

08/27/2012 - Received Interview letter, Interview scheduled on Sept. 28th.

09/21/2012 - EAD card under production

09/28/2012 - Interview in Norfolk - No decision yet :(

09/29/2012 - EAD card received in the mail.

10/01/2012 - Case status updated - Approved! YAY!!!!

10/03/1012 - Card Production!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!

10/10/2012 - Green Card received in the mail! It's beautiful!!!

ROC

7/7/14 - Package sent to Vermont Service Center

7/14/14 - USCIS received Package, USCIS sent first NOA

7/22/14 - ASC Appointment Notice Letter

8/15/14 - Biometrics done

...waiting and waiting and waiting...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rasheed1011 said:

How was your interview today??

Just posted above, sorry for the delay, I was celebrating a lot last night :D

01/22/2011 - Met my now husband

06/09/2012 - Married the Best man in the world!

07/14/2012 - Mailed I-130 and I-485 packages

07/23/2012 - USCIS cashed our checks

07/25/2012 - Received Notice of Action letters for I-130, I-485 and I-765.

07/25/2012 - Received ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics. Biometrics scheduled for 08/14/2012 in Norfolk, VA.

08/07/2012 - Successful Walk-in Early Biometrics taken at a different ASC location (Alexandria, VA).

08/13/2012 - Called the FBI to ask about biometrics. USCIS have them!

08/27/2012 - Received Interview letter, Interview scheduled on Sept. 28th.

09/21/2012 - EAD card under production

09/28/2012 - Interview in Norfolk - No decision yet :(

09/29/2012 - EAD card received in the mail.

10/01/2012 - Case status updated - Approved! YAY!!!!

10/03/1012 - Card Production!!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!

10/10/2012 - Green Card received in the mail! It's beautiful!!!

ROC

7/7/14 - Package sent to Vermont Service Center

7/14/14 - USCIS received Package, USCIS sent first NOA

7/22/14 - ASC Appointment Notice Letter

8/15/14 - Biometrics done

...waiting and waiting and waiting...

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Mrs. JHH said:

Sorry for the delay, I am still recovering from celebrating last night :). Yes, I got approved. Here is what happened:

My husband and I got at 972 Broad St, Newark Rodino Federal building at around 12:15 for a 1 pm interview appointment. We pass through security that is a tsa like security (removed shoes and put all the belongings in a bin). Got the elevator and went straight to the 15th floor. There was another guard at the door, she said I couldn't go in until 12:30, we went to the cafeteria on the 2nd floor for about 10 minutes. When it was 12:30, we went back to the 15th floor and the guard let me through and I went to window 1. At window one, the lady asked to see my appt letter and GC. She found my name on a list and sent me to the 14th Floor. There, I checked in on a n400 window and the lady said "have a seat and we will call your name". At this point it was 12:45. After a loooooong wait, I was called in at 2:15pm by a very sweet lady (Ms. Sudha Yeragudi). My husband remained in the wait room. I went to her office and she told me to put my belongings in a chair, remain standing and raise my right had. She said "Do you swear to tell the truth...so help you God?" "I Do", Have a Seat.

She then took a picture of me, and took finger prints digitally (like in biometrics) only of index fingers and thumbs. First question: What is you maiden last name? (I have changed my name during my GC interview to my married name). I told her, she was very confused looking at her screen. She asked me: "Can I please see your passport?" I pulled out all of my expired and current passport, she wanted to see the most current one (which has my married name) then she said "Why doesn't your passport have your maiden name?" She was so confused and I deep inside was frustrated with her concussion but then I said "After I got married and got my green card, I also got married in my home country and therefore updated my last name in my passport as well, here is my old passport with my maiden name". She moved on. Next she said "I don't understand why your application has a lot of blank answers..." I said "I applied online and I noticed that the system prompted me to skipped a few questions as they don't apply to me". She said "We can't leave it blank, so I'll ask you anyway". I said "Ok, I understand". So she asked:

"What is your address" -- I told her

She casually asked: "Where my town was located, I never heard of it" -- So I explained to her ( I believe she was just accessing ability to speak English)

"Are your parents US Citizens?" - -No

"What's the name of your husband?" -- I said his name

"How many times have you been married?"  -- once, to my current husband and never been married before and the same applies to my husband.

"Do you have any children?" -- No

"How tall are you?" -- 5' 4"

"From 1933 to 1945 have you been a member of the Nazi group?" No (in my head: uuuhhh I wasn't even in this world!)

"Have you been arrested before?" --No

"Have you assisted anyone in committing any crime or offense?" - -No

"Have you assisted in anyway anyone to immigrate to the United States illegally?  --No

She asked a few more of those silly "have you ever" questions which the answer were all NO

Then she asked the "yes" questions:

Do you support the constitution, Would you be willing to bear arms on behalf of the United States, do important work for the nation if needed, etc...

All Yes answers.

She said lets move on to your test, the questions were:

Name one of the senators of your state -- Cory Booker

What is the capital of your state? -- Trenton

Why does the flag have 13 stripes? -- Because the stripes represent the original colonies

Who was the president during WWI - Woodrow Wilson

Who the United States fight during WW2? -- Japan, Germany and Italy 

What's the name of the Vice President now? -- Mike Pence

Reading portion:

a sentence popped up in an iPad in front of me and I had to read to her:

"Who elects congress"

Then the next screen on the Ipad showed lines where I needed to write the answer that she gave me, so I wrote:

"The people elect Congress" 

Then she was silent for a long two minutes (this was so awkward)

Then she asked me: "Why did it take so long for you to apply for citizenship?" I said it was a hectic year for me with moving states and school when I became eligible.

She said: "At least you're here today, I was just wondering if at any point you had any doubts on becoming a citizen of the US" 

I said "Not at all, I just wanted to devote my time into applying with no distractions, I wanted to make sure I did it right"

She said "Congratulations, I'm sending you to approval, go back to the 15th floor, give this letter and the GC and You will be sworn today!"

Then I got my husband and we went back to the 15th floor, waited for a good 45 minutes and we went to another room with about 50 people plus their relatives. Applicants we interacted to sit in the front of the room and relatives in the back, but they could watch the whole ceremony. We did the whole thing - Watch a video, swear the Oath of allegiance, Nat anthem, pledge of allegiance, watched a video of our clown of a president read pathetically from a teleprompter words that he didn't mean... The nice IO explained the contents of our packages: Passport forms, voting and SS info. Finally they called each one of us to give us our certificate. They stress the importance to check our info in the certificate because in case it was incorrect they could fix it right then for free, but if you leave the building and realized something were wrong it would cost us $500 + to fix it and it could take months. So we did a double, triple check and were sent on our marry way! We left the building at 3:55pm. 

Overall, all the people working at that office that I interacted with were really really nice and respectful, all of them said congratulations! 

My husband and I celebrated at our local pub and I had a big burger and several beers!

What a Journey, you guys!

Here is my timeline: 

Applied online on July 15 2018,

Scheduled biometrics: July 21, 2018

Biometrics received: August 9, 2018

Interview scheduled on January 16, 2019 

Interview March 7, 2019

Hangover March 8, 2019 :D 

Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats... really happy for you and your family.

celebrate and enjoy the whole weekend.

Timeline
21 hours ago, USCInd said:

Yes , got rescheduled date after a week of cancellation. Date was today. Will post the details later

Hope you had a fruitful day yesterday 

Yes it was fruitful and I am approved.

here it goes :

appt at 7 am, reached by 6:15 and waited till 7 

, that’s when building opens for candidates. Airport style security, reached 15th floor by 7:11 and went to window 1 as instructed by security officer. Handed over the letter and waited.

at abt 7:35 or so was called in by officer and interview was done by 7:50 and approved. Walked out with oath questionaire to fill and handover at the window with green card when our name is called.

got the certificate to review and sign at around 9:30 am and oath was scheduled for 10:30.

all done and exited the building by 11 am

as per officer yesterday 8th March was very lite day and not that crowded.

one thing I understood was that oath ceremony is scheduled according to the crowd and officers discretion.

came and applied for passport in afternoon.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, USCInd said:

Yes it was fruitful and I am approved.

here it goes :

appt at 7 am, reached by 6:15 and waited till 7 

, that’s when building opens for candidates. Airport style security, reached 15th floor by 7:11 and went to window 1 as instructed by security officer. Handed over the letter and waited.

at abt 7:35 or so was called in by officer and interview was done by 7:50 and approved. Walked out with oath questionaire to fill and handover at the window with green card when our name is called.

got the certificate to review and sign at around 9:30 am and oath was scheduled for 10:30.

all done and exited the building by 11 am

as per officer yesterday 8th March was very lite day and not that crowded.

one thing I understood was that oath ceremony is scheduled according to the crowd and officers discretion.

came and applied for passport in afternoon.

congrats.. celebrate and enjoy

Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, A&U said:

nice thanks.. did u get yours?

My status changed to scheduled for interview today. My PD is sept 5th. I will update the interview date once the document is uploaded online.

Timeline
4 hours ago, A&U said:

congrats man.. i guess i will also hear within a month

Thanks... hopefully you will be scheduled very soon

Timeline
23 hours ago, Rasheed1011 said:

Thanks... hopefully you will be scheduled very soon

Interview letter updated online. Schedule for 04/30/2019.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rasheed1011 said:

Interview letter updated online. Schedule for 04/30/2019.

Congratulations!!! This is awesome. November 5th filer so hope to be 2 month away.... 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.