Ct2929

Administrative Proccessing Juarez

249 posts in this topic

My husband is still under Administrative processing since his appointment on Dec 4. He had to go to GTO to get a background check done and bring it back to juarez. He submitted it on the 11th. His status was last updated today but still say AP. Hopefully soon his will say issued and he will get to go home. How long is everyone under AP until they get issued? Everyone I speak to here at the hotel says 2 weeks AP then another week before they get the package. 

hello I’ve been following this thread since my husband was put on administrative processing on his interview day which was Monday Dec.11. They gave him a blue letter just stating that he was under administrative processing and nothing else but was also given a green slip. The next day I went to the information window at the consulate to ask what that meant being in administrative processing, the officer there told me not to worry that nothing was wrong with his case and all they were doing was checking everything was ok . At this point we didn’t know if he was approved or not. That same day I check the CEAC website and the date had been updated. On Wednesday we went again to ask and this time she said that his visa was about to be printed (such a relief) that day his status changed to ready on the CEAC website. Thursday his status changed to issued. But no tracking number . Friday we went to the consulate again and they said his visa should be at CAS that day or next day at the lastest whuch was Saturday. She said they we should have our packet by Saturday. We went Friday to CAS and nothing and Saturday and nothing. THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE NOT GETTING THEIR TRACKING NUMBER IS CAS!!! I saw how the DHL picks up the packets from the consulate and literally drives to the next entrance and delivers the packets to CAS.When we would go to check if my husbands packet was there they would open a door in the back where all the packets were and a lot of packets still in the bags they were delivered in. CAS has to scan each packet in order for us to actually get the tracking number and they are too lazy to actually do that. For a lot of people they wouldn’t even get up and check if their packet was even there.The consulate does not deliver packets on Saturday.  

Monday morning my husband went to check again and they said that they still didn’t have anything that the consulate maybe didn’t send his packet yet. After that my husband went to the consulate and asked them they told him that his packet should already be there and he also added that the CAS employees are rude and are not helpful. She literally picked up the phone and called them . She told him if anything was out of line and they were being rude to immediately ask to speak to their supervisor. 

We decided to have lunch and wait a little bit before going to check at CAS again for the packet . For some reason my phone wasn’t working and I got it work and boom the email with the tracking number came in. We literally went to get his packet immediately and left the next day. 

I know that our wait was not as long as everyone else . It was exactly a week after his interview.

but i recommend going to CAS 2-3 times a day as soon as you see issued and keep on going to the consulate to ask about your case. 

I truly believe the problem is at CAS.

24 minutes ago, Kelbell said:

hello I’ve been following this thread since my husband was put on administrative processing on his interview day which was Monday Dec.11. They gave him a blue letter just stating that he was under administrative processing and nothing else but was also given a green slip. The next day I went to the information window at the consulate to ask what that meant being in administrative processing, the officer there told me not to worry that nothing was wrong with his case and all they were doing was checking everything was ok . At this point we didn’t know if he was approved or not. That same day I check the CEAC website and the date had been updated. On Wednesday we went again to ask and this time she said that his visa was about to be printed (such a relief) that day his status changed to ready on the CEAC website. Thursday his status changed to issued. But no tracking number . Friday we went to the consulate again and they said his visa should be at CAS that day or next day at the lastest whuch was Saturday. She said they we should have our packet by Saturday. We went Friday to CAS and nothing and Saturday and nothing. THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE NOT GETTING THEIR TRACKING NUMBER IS CAS!!! I saw how the DHL picks up the packets from the consulate and literally drives to the next entrance and delivers the packets to CAS.When we would go to check if my husbands packet was there they would open a door in the back where all the packets were and a lot of packets still in the bags they were delivered in. CAS has to scan each packet in order for us to actually get the tracking number and they are too lazy to actually do that. For a lot of people they wouldn’t even get up and check if their packet was even there.The consulate does not deliver packets on Saturday.  

Monday morning my husband went to check again and they said that they still didn’t have anything that the consulate maybe didn’t send his packet yet. After that my husband went to the consulate and asked them they told him that his packet should already be there and he also added that the CAS employees are rude and are not helpful. She literally picked up the phone and called them . She told him if anything was out of line and they were being rude to immediately ask to speak to their supervisor. 

We decided to have lunch and wait a little bit before going to check at CAS again for the packet . For some reason my phone wasn’t working and I got it work and boom the email with the tracking number came in. We literally went to get his packet immediately and left the next day. 

I know that our wait was not as long as everyone else . It was exactly a week after his interview.

but i recommend going to CAS 2-3 times a day as soon as you see issued and keep on going to the consulate to ask about your case. 

Wow that is crazy. I just wish he would get the issued status I’m so stressed out about this whole visa thing it makes me feel like he won’t get it. My lawyer is calling them Tuesday to see what the hold up is. I call the councelate every hour and they say the same thing that the councelor has not updated the case on his end. I’m losing hope

Oh no don’t lose hope !! Keep calling and asking! I know it’s stressful but don’t lose hope. Don’t think he’s not going to get his visa , I think they would’ve let you guys know right away. Like 2-3 in the hotel we stayed at got denied on the the day of their interview.

i guess some cases are taking longer than other. 

32 minutes ago, Kelbell said:

Congrats on your approval. For those of us not waiting in juarez, does anyone know a phone number for the consulate directly? Is that what the 703# is, or is that the NVC

2 minutes ago, Kelbell said:

Oh no don’t lose hope !! Keep calling and asking! I know it’s stressful but don’t lose hope. Don’t think he’s not going to get his visa , I think they would’ve let you guys know right away. Like 2-3 in the hotel we stayed at got denied on the the day of their interview.

i guess some cases are taking longer than other. 

Thank you I just wish this dude would issue his visa already then I would feel some what if a relief. He sent him what he asked for with his passport and the case was updated today but still says the same AP. They didn’t tell him he was denied at the interview just said that they couldn’t approve his case until they recieved his background check from GTO I’m just hoping it’s soon we hear something 

12 minutes ago, nalude said:

Congrats on your approval. For those of us not waiting in juarez, does anyone know a phone number for the consulate directly? Is that what the 703# is, or is that the NVC

6562273000 that’s the number to the councelate but they just answer and send u somewhere else it’s crazy the only one I got answers from was 6563443003 then u wait and I push the number they say for AP and listen at the end it will say to speak to someone press 1. These numbers are in juarez so u would have to dial 01152 before the number 

Edited by J2013

1 minute ago, Kelbell said:

Did they make him go to Guanajuato to get his background check!?  Every one that I herd were missing it just got it Juárez.

He got it done in juarez when he went to the interview the guy told him he needed it from GTO so he had to go there to get it and he sent it to them the 11 which was that following Monday but he sent it from CAS 

Just now, Kelbell said:

Oh wow so they just want to give a hard time. I truly hope you guys get your packet soon.

Thank you. Yes I told our lawyer what they made him do and he said they could have accepted the one from juarez. Another thing is we went to the lady in the lobby at the hotel that helps with info on the cases and she changed my email address so idk if I will even recieve the email I guess we have to go through her but she charge us everytime we ask for info 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Kelbell said:

I'm starting to believe this! My husband told me he went to CAS to ask about his packet today. He said they asked when his interview was and when he told him the person actually went and looked through the packages. He said she came back out with one in her hand and he got really excited. When he asked if that was his packet she went to the computer, looked him up, and said "I can't say if it is or isn't. According to the system your packet is still at the embassy." He is sure that was his, but because it wasn't scanned in the system she wouldn't give it to him. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.