Ct2929

Administrative Proccessing Juarez

249 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello! I am hoping someone can answer this question for me, my husband is currently in Juarez now preparing for his interview on Tuesday we are a CR1 case (he already had his medical and biometrics done 🙏🏽).  Because he is not from Juarez my husband selected DHL service in his home state of Guanajuato.  My understanding is that his passport would be delivered sealed already with his visa and we would be able to enter the US anytime after that through whatever airport we chose however he was told by someone in Juarez that there are only certain immigration ports in Mexico (Juarez & Mexico City for example) that you have to fly through and that is where they actually seal your passport? Anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, rosariov said:

Hello! I am hoping someone can answer this question for me, my husband is currently in Juarez now preparing for his interview on Tuesday we are a CR1 case (he already had his medical and biometrics done 🙏🏽).  Because he is not from Juarez my husband selected DHL service in his home state of Guanajuato.  My understanding is that his passport would be delivered sealed already with his visa and we would be able to enter the US anytime after that through whatever airport we chose however he was told by someone in Juarez that there are only certain immigration ports in Mexico (Juarez & Mexico City for example) that you have to fly through and that is where they actually seal your passport? Anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance! 

I've never heard of such a thing. Your passport gets stamped on the American side at ANY airport.

If this was true something would be in the instructions in the visa packet.

CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska    Consulate: Mexico

Marriage: 12/9/2016    I-130 Sent: 12/10/2016    I-130 NOA1: 12/13/2016

Notice from USCIS: 8/23/2017

USCIS Approval Date: 8/21/2017

NOA2 issued date: 8/18/2017   NOA2 hardcopy received: 8/25/2017

Notice from USCIS Sent to NVC: 9/1/2017    NVC received: 9/8/2017

Received case and invoice numbers: 9/12/2017

Choice of Agent DS-261: 9/12/2017

Welcome Letter: 9/15/2017

Received and Paid AOS: 9/15/2017    AOS payment cleared my bank: 9/19/2017 (still shows In Process on CEAC)

Received and paid IV bill: 9/19/2017    IV bill cleared bank: 9/21/2017

Requested Expedite: 9/20/2017

AOS and IV show as paid: 9/23/2017

DS260 unlocked: 9/23/2017

Partial Expedite Approved at Counselor Level: 9/25/2017 (Must still wait out NVC)

Scan Date: 10/2/2017    Case Complete: 11/15/2017 (6 weeks 2 days!)

Case sent to consulate: 11/20/2017     Received by consulate: 11/21/2017 (11/20 was a holiday in Mexico)

Interview Scheduled: Jan 2nd - I managed to get someones canceled appointment the very same day my case status turned to Ready.

Biometrics: Mexico City Dec 27th Medical: Mexico City Dec 28th

Case says READY but consulate says case is not in system, I jumped the gun and booked an interview but they say its invalid until I receive the letter so I might have to cancel it.

Appointment Letter: Flew to Juarez just to get this, its actually 2 letters you need.

Interview Day: Jan 2nd   Interview Result: APPROVED

Tracking Number Received: Via email notice and website the afternoon of Jan 4th    Visa Delivered: Friday Jan 5th Mexico City

USCIS Notice - Green Card mailed: 3/28/18

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Did anyone here got a ds5535 form to fill out in Juarez? Wife had a interview Jan 5 and they gave her blue slip with ds5535 to fill out and mail it back. Status is in AP and they kept the passport. 3 daughters and I waiting in Mexico City. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, Gus1986 said:

Did anyone here got a ds5535 form to fill out in Juarez? Wife had a interview Jan 5 and they gave her blue slip with ds5535 to fill out and mail it back. Status is in AP and they kept the passport. 3 daughters and I waiting in Mexico City. 

Hey Gus1986 my husband interview was on Feb1, 2018 he said everything went well during the interview he didn't get approved or denied instead he was giving for DS-5535 I made a lot of research on this form an came to know it is a new form that TRUMP created March 12,2017 for deeper investigation for people in Iraq an places around never had a I heard from this form we are in AP since feb 8 2018 :( so far in here you have been the first person Ive read with a form like my husband I really hope u reply to this message maybe you have a recent update on your case.... P.S the officer that my husband was interviewed by told him if he wanted to send the form or turn it in to the information window  right next to the consulate he said the difference was that if he turn it in to the window it would take hours for him to review an if he send it through DHL it would take him a day we send it through DHL because the information window was already  close  :(   sorry my message is too long  lol just wanted to put all the info so that maybe if someone else is stuck in the same boat as us with this whole DS-5535 form hopw to hear from you soon many blessing to all 

Edited by asc1016_

Timeline
On 12/11/2017 at 12:54 PM, nalude said:

Thanks for the update Ct2929! No change from AP status yet. Wanted to share our lawyer emailed saying she heard the same thing about system going down, from other attorneys with clients in Juarez. She suspects that's why we're in AP status even after approval from interview.

Also, in case anyone else is waiting in Juarez, and contemplating going to their home state, the CAS rep we spoke to today said we actually are able to change our pick up location from CAS Juarez to another city's DHL option by phone. We asked if the wait will be the same and she freaked us out a little bit by saying, "well, your visa is not approved yet until you are out of Administrative Process." :[

Stay strong, friends! We just keep thinking, this will be behind us eventually.

Hey @nalude not sure if you still chec k your notification I’m in the same boat an I’m just wondering the status on your case because mine is very similar 

Timeline
9 hours ago, asc1016_ said:

Hey Gus1986 my husband interview was on Feb1, 2018 he said everything went well during the interview he didn't get approved or denied instead he was giving for DS-5535 I made a lot of research on this form an came to know it is a new form that TRUMP created March 12,2017 for deeper investigation for people in Iraq an places around never had a I heard from this form we are in AP since feb 8 2018 :( so far in here you have been the first person Ive read with a form like my husband I really hope u reply to this message maybe you have a recent update on your case.... P.S the officer that my husband was interviewed by told him if he wanted to send the form or turn it in to the information window  right next to the consulate he said the difference was that if he turn it in to the window it would take hours for him to review an if he send it through DHL it would take him a day we send it through DHL because the information window was already  close  :(   sorry my message is too long  lol just wanted to put all the info so that maybe if someone else is stuck in the same boat as us with this whole DS-5535 form hopw to hear from you soon many blessing to all 

Hi. No i do not have an update. I just return back to the state a few days ago and my wife and 6 month old daughter stood behind. Are you Ashlie? If not then sorry but i spoke to someone on facebook with the same issues . I done everything, Called my laywer, Emailed them, Called, Even contact my state congressman and they tried but cant do anything. All we can do is wait. Last update was Feb 1. This is what i got in respond 

The Honorable Matt Cartwright

U.S. House of representatives

Attn: Anne Lauritzen

Dear Rep. Cartwright:

Thank you for your January 24, 2018, email regarding the immigrant visa case ofXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, spouse of your constituent XXXXXXXXX.

Our records indicate that XXXXXXXXX application is undergoing necessary administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for the visa. Administrative processing often lasts about 90 days, but in some instances it can take longer. 

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration. Nonetheless, the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez, like all U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the law and this can involve extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of the visa will be completed, please note that the Consulate and the State Department will adjudicate the visa as soon as this processing is concluded. 

Our office will send a notification by DHL courier service as soon as the administrative processing required in this case has concluded.

Please note that the information regarding this visa case is protected from disclosure under Section 222(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and in accordance with that law, may only be used for the “formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, or other laws of the United States.” Since you have inquired on behalf of the applicant, our disclosure to you of information in the visa record is consistent with INA Section 222(f), 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and you may share this information with your constituent, who wrote to you on behalf of the applicant. 

We hope that this information will assist you in responding to your constituent. 

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit

U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez

Under the law, USCIS and the Department of State may require further processing of visa applications and may take all the time they require to do so.  I regret that we cannot assist you with this issue.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gus1986 said:

Hi. No i do not have an update. I just return back to the state a few days ago and my wife and 6 month old daughter stood behind. Are you Ashlie? If not then sorry but i spoke to someone on facebook with the same issues . I done everything, Called my laywer, Emailed them, Called, Even contact my state congressman and they tried but cant do anything. All we can do is wait. Last update was Feb 1. This is what i got in respond 

The Honorable Matt Cartwright

U.S. House of representatives

Attn: Anne Lauritzen

Dear Rep. Cartwright:

Thank you for your January 24, 2018, email regarding the immigrant visa case ofXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, spouse of your constituent XXXXXXXXX.

Our records indicate that XXXXXXXXX application is undergoing necessary administrative processing in order to verify her qualifications for the visa. Administrative processing often lasts about 90 days, but in some instances it can take longer. 

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration. Nonetheless, the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez, like all U.S. embassies and consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the law and this can involve extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of the visa will be completed, please note that the Consulate and the State Department will adjudicate the visa as soon as this processing is concluded. 

Our office will send a notification by DHL courier service as soon as the administrative processing required in this case has concluded.

Please note that the information regarding this visa case is protected from disclosure under Section 222(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and in accordance with that law, may only be used for the “formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, or other laws of the United States.” Since you have inquired on behalf of the applicant, our disclosure to you of information in the visa record is consistent with INA Section 222(f), 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and you may share this information with your constituent, who wrote to you on behalf of the applicant. 

We hope that this information will assist you in responding to your constituent. 

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit

U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez

Under the law, USCIS and the Department of State may require further processing of visa applications and may take all the time they require to do so.  I regret that we cannot assist you with this issue.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

@Gus1986 omg ok we both went to the same consulate (juarez) this is starting to freak me out really do they pick up the phone when u call???  No I’m not Ashlie u said she’s having the same problem??my goodness an I just started this so then that means I still have a lgot by way to hold from the looks of it they told my husband it would take up to three weeks for then to respond but that’s a lie by the looks of it :( 

Timeline
6 hours ago, asc1016_ said:

@Gus1986 omg ok we both went to the same consulate (juarez) this is starting to freak me out really do they pick up the phone when u call???  No I’m not Ashlie u said she’s having the same problem??my goodness an I just started this so then that means I still have a lgot by way to hold from the looks of it they told my husband it would take up to three weeks for then to respond but that’s a lie by the looks of it :( 

@asc1016_ Everyone case is different. I believe they just starting giving this form out this year in juarez. They are two people on Facebook that received Ds5535 form in juarez. One guy went the following week after my wife interview and got approved in two weeks. The other one went Feb 8 and still waiting. Wife been waiting since Jan 5

11 hours ago, asc1016_ said:

Hey @nalude not sure if you still chec k your notification I’m in the same boat an I’m just wondering the status on your case because mine is very similar 

Hi @asc1016_--It's a long thread, but I updated on previous pages and so did some others.

Here’s a recap of our interview to packet timeline:

11/30 - Approved

12/5 - Administrative Processing

12/12 - We decided to change our delivery location from CAS in Cd Juárez to husband’s home state of Oaxaca to be with family (changed it by phone on the 703# line)

12/15 - FINALLY ISSUED

12/19 - Still Issued but the last updated date changed to 12/19

12/27 - Still Issued but the last updated date changed to 12/27 around 3pm CT

-around 8pm CT received email for his DHL tracking number/waybill

12/28 - shipment picked up and left Juarez at 11:05am

12/29 - delivered at DHL in Oaxaca at 4:16pm.

Hope this helps! Hang in there! 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, nalude said:

Hi @asc1016_--It's a long thread, but I updated on previous pages and so did some others.

Here’s a recap of our interview to packet timeline:

11/30 - Approved

12/5 - Administrative Processing

12/12 - We decided to change our delivery location from CAS in Cd Juárez to husband’s home state of Oaxaca to be with family (changed it by phone on the 703# line)

12/15 - FINALLY ISSUED

12/19 - Still Issued but the last updated date changed to 12/19

12/27 - Still Issued but the last updated date changed to 12/27 around 3pm CT

-around 8pm CT received email for his DHL tracking number/waybill

12/28 - shipment picked up and left Juarez at 11:05am

12/29 - delivered at DHL in Oaxaca at 4:16pm.

Hope this helps! Hang in there! 

They kept his passport or they returned it back on the day of the interview?

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Gus1986 said:

They kept his passport or they returned it back on the day of the interview?

hey @Gus1986 the officer gave him hes passport back the day of the interview but the lawyer told us to send it along with the form same day he had hes interview..im so happy to hear your good news!! a lot of people in this website that have that form are most from morocco, Pakistan, Africa an all those places around an ive read people have been waiting almost a year an there status doesn't change its always AP I got soo scared reading this but ur massage is giving me hope thank you soo much :) 

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, J2013 said:

My husband was finally issued today. So now we wait for the tracking #

December 7- interview @9:45 refused under section 221g 

December 11- updated date on CEAC website still Administrative Processing

December 22- updated date on CEAC website called 703# they said they received the document and passport, but still AP 

December 28- updated date on CEAC  called 703# said it was being reviewed by concular but CEAC still says AP

January 2- Updated date at 9 am on CEAC called 703 # they said final concular review at 5:30PM ISSUED 

Now just wait on tracking number. Thank you Jesus. I will be praying for those that are still waiting 

hello @J2013 idk if you still check this I'm hoping you do can you please tell me what the 703 # is so that I can call an ask about my husbands case.....in advance thank you an congrats on finally being able to be with your love one....

Timeline
On 2/16/2018 at 5:34 PM, asc1016_ said:

hello @J2013 idk if you still check this I'm hoping you do can you please tell me what the 703 # is so that I can call an ask about my husbands case.....in advance thank you an congrats on finally being able to be with your love one....

@asc1016_ what number are you calling? And do you have an update?  Image may contain: text

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.