Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Next, the NVC will send the U.S. citizen petitioner a letter notifying him or her that the case has been transferred to the U.S. consulate. Once, the U.S. citizen petitioner receives this letter it is time to proceed to step1 below.

STEP 1: After the fiancé visa petition is approved, the fiancé beneficiary schedules a K1 visa interview.heart icon

Once the U.S. consulate receives the NVC notice of your approved fiancé visa petition the U.S. consulate will mail the fiancé beneficiary detailed instructions on what to do next. The instructions will be slightly different from each embassy, but they will all advise the fiancé beneficiary of the following:

To complete online Form DS-160

How to schedule the embassy interview and pay the visa application fee

What documents to bring to the Embassy and how to obtain them

Instructions for the medical exam

Note: In the past many Embassies referred to these instructions as Packet 3 and the letter with the interview date as packet 4. Today most embassies will just send the fiancé beneficiary one set of instructions and the fiancé beneficiary schedules the K1 interview themselves online. you can visit www.usembassy.gov and look for the instructions specific for your country under the section about nonimmigrant visas or K visa interviews. (See:Sample instruction from the U.S. Embassy in Manila)

The fiancé beneficiary needs to go online and complete Form DS-160. (See: How to fill out Form DS-160 online for a K1 visa)

Next, the fiancé beneficiary needs to schedule the K1 interview with the local U.S. consulate following the instructions in the letter received from the U.S. consulate.

Then, the fiancé beneficiary needs to gather all the documents he or she needs to bring to the K1 interview. The letter the fiancé beneficiary receives from the U.S. consulate will list all the documents he or she needs to bring to the K1 visa interview, with instructions on how to obtain those documents.

Now, the U.S. citizen petitioner needs to fill out Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support), and snail mail Form I-134 with original signature to the fiancé beneficiary abroad. This is one of the documents the fiancé beneficiary must bring to the K1 interview. Do not try to use a copy, the Consular Officer will run their fingers over the signature line to make sure it is the original. (See: I-134 Instructions Step by Step) steps (See also: Sample of a Completed Form I-134)

The U.S. citizen petitioner also needs to snail mail the fiancé beneficiary the original documents used in the original I-129F fiancé visa petition in case the Consular Officer wants to examine them (birth certificate, divorce decree, etc.). Remember at the bottom of our cover letter for initial K1 fiancé visa petition we stated ” I understand that I may be required to submit the original documents to an Immigration or Consular Officer at a later date”.

Next, the fiancé beneficiary needs to schedule and undergo a medical examination following the instructions in the letter from the U.S. consulate.

Now, it is time to move to step 2 below attending the K1 fiancé visa interview.

STEP 2: The fiancé beneficiary attends the K1 visa interview and receives a K1 visa.heart icon

The fiancé beneficiary attends the K1 visa interview and receives a K1 visa. (See: K1 Visa Interview Checklist) (See also: Sample K1 Visa Interview Questions) (See also: K1 Visa Timeline for 2016)

After your fiancé receives the K1 Visa he or she must use it within 6 months to enter the United States.

Once your fiancé arrives in the United States you must get married within 90 days and apply for Adjustment of Status. The K1 Visa only lets your fiancé enter the U.S. for 90 days to get married it does not allow your fiancé to remain in the U.S. legally following the marriage. In order for your fiancée (now wife) to remain in the U.S. legally you must apply for Adjustment of Status before the K1 Visa expires.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/12/2018 at 12:01 PM, Melinda72 said:

Ok, there is definitely a 12/1 approval now coming up that looks legit (?). I'm a 12/1 too and I am sooo nervous and excited!! I know it could still be long time but its still pretty cool to see that on the list. Back to cleaning out my spare room so I can convert it to my honeys office. It takes my mind off all this approval madness lol lol.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :-)

Good luck on your new job!!! That is great timing :-)

Did u use a lawyer or what?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, sparten18700 said:

Did u use a lawyer or what?

Did I? No, I haven't been approved yet. I was hopefully looking at someone who I think might have the same NOA1 date that got approved but I can't verify the WAC number so I may be wrong. 

Timeline

9 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

I think about that too for my fiance.  He has never even been on an airplane.  He will be leaving all he ever knew.  He doesn't seem upset in the least but I totally can imagine where you are coming from.

My fiance has been on a plane once and never off the continent or away from his family. He is super nervous, I don't know how you fiance is so calm but good for him :-) It is a lot they are giving up to be here with us. That's love :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Melinda72 said:

Did I? No, I haven't been approved yet. I was hopefully looking at someone who I think might have the same NOA1 date that got approved but I can't verify the WAC number so I may be wrong. 

You should be able to, on the site. with even the wac part three letters i got my noa1 to still waiting on my noa 2 you should of also received the text to. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

152 Days today.

Let's do this guys! A miracle is on the way. Keep up with the good and positive thoughts.

*Strongs* we will soon get good news.

Great week for ya' all!

Zel

Timeline
On 5/13/2018 at 11:04 PM, Jo&Ryan said:

Today I've been trying to decide what things I'm throwing away/donating and what I'm keeping to bring with me, and as I was cleaning, organizing and moving things it hit me really hard the fact that I'll be moving to a new different country in a few months. Like I know I'll be with my future husband and I'll be the happiest person in the world, but it made me a little sad to see all these changes, I don't know if it's just me. Anyways, I sat there for like 10 minutes just thinking and it was a weird feeling. Texted my fiance and told him about it, he listened and made me feel a lot better. It made me realize that huge changes are difficult and stressful and lonely sometimes, but it's all worth it in the end. Even though we get really trapped in this visa thing, we are real people, and we get to feel this way sometimes, and it's totally okay. It's okay to feel down some days, it doesn't mean we don't love our partners, it means we're sacrificing a lot to be with them and we're so strong for making such decision. And for those who are bringing their partners, you guys are so strong too, to make sure everything is under control and comfortable for your other half. 

Hang in there everyone, we're so close!! Hope you all had/have an amazing Sunday and remember, we can do this! ;):thumbs:

I'm to scared to uncluster too early. I am still working till after my interview date. But yes the thought of packing your whole life in 2 or 3 luggage bags scares the out of me. How will I decide what to leave behind. There's still so much to do before I can actually leave my country.

1. Have to resign and work notice - After a going away for colleagues

2. Have to plan a going away with close friends and family (not sure when will that be)

3. Have to sort out stuff and move most of it back to parents house

4. Have to close bank accounts and SARS (Tax clearance)

5. Have to transfer my car papers to my moms (going to give her my car)

Edited by Vintage girl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Vintage girl said:

I'm to scared to uncluster too early. I am still working till after my interview date. But yes the thought of packing your whole life in 2 or 3 luggage bags scares the out of me. How will I decide what to leave behind. There's still so much to do before I can actually leave my country.

1. Have to resign and work notice - After a going away for colleagues

2. Have to plan a going away with close friends and family (not sure when will that be)

3. Have to sort out stuff and move most of it back to parents house

4. Have to close bank accounts and SARS (Tax clearance)

5. Have to transfer my car papers to my moms (going to give her my car)

I'm already starting to do all of that. I will be moving the last week of June cause he house is sold. Till I move to the states I will be staying at a holiday resort. So I have already begun selling or giving away everything that I don't need or that doesn't have value to me. Mom offered to store anything that I was undecided on so I can bring it at a later date. I already sent one box full of books to my fiancé and theres two more boxes ready to ship. I hope I'll be able to get everything else in two or three suitcases.

I will keep my bankaccount in the Netherlands, cause its convenient.

And babe, YOU don't have to plan a going away with friends and family. Let THEM arrange that for you as a going away gift. That'll take some stress off you.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

I'm already starting to do all of that. I will be moving the last week of June cause he house is sold. Till I move to the states I will be staying at a holiday resort. So I have already begun selling or giving away everything that I don't need or that doesn't have value to me. Mom offered to store anything that I was undecided on so I can bring it at a later date. I already sent one box full of books to my fiancé and theres two more boxes ready to ship. I hope I'll be able to get everything else in two or three suitcases.

I will keep my bankaccount in the Netherlands, cause its convenient.

And babe, YOU don't have to plan a going away with friends and family. Let THEM arrange that for you as a going away gift. That'll take some stress off you.

That's a nice thought maybe I should let my mom arrange the going away party for me :). The thing is I want assurance after the interview that I am def going. Can't do anything yet without that K1 approval. Soon we will find out when the interview date will be. I hope that we get approve before July. Lets play it by ear.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Edit: Ahh It's ok I found the misunderstanding, I think someone saw the 12/1 NOA1 date so received date November case. 

----------

Guys,

Can someone tell me where this 12/1 approval is seen? 

Because I just went through whole 12/1 and didn't see anything.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/12/2018 at 3:30 PM, Vintage girl said:

Im just wondering what is the NVC fee they talk about? It it the actual visa fee at embassy or is it something totally different? 

I think its the $265 for the visa application DS160 (non immigrant)

Edited by Jenny17655

Timeline
9 hours ago, sparten18700 said:

You should be able to, on the site. with even the wac part three letters i got my noa1 to still waiting on my noa 2 you should of also received the text to. 

No I don't have it but I just confirmed with the person that their NOA1 was dated 12/1. They are in the November group because she sent it in in November but she confirmed that she was an NOA1 12/1 and is now approved.  I am also a 12/1 so hopefully soon, fingers crossed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Melinda72 said:

No I don't have it but I just confirmed with the person that their NOA1 was dated 12/1. They are in the November group because she sent it in in November but she confirmed that she was an NOA1 12/1 and is now approved.  I am also a 12/1 so hopefully soon, fingers crossed

Good Luck!!!!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Naes said:

Edit: Ahh It's ok I found the misunderstanding, I think someone saw the 12/1 NOA1 date so received date November case. 

----------

Guys,

Can someone tell me where this 12/1 approval is seen? 

Because I just went through whole 12/1 and didn't see anything.

I just PM'd you the user name. they are on this site

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.