Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, guines2127 said:

I think we all still waiting are feeling the same pain.  Frustrated doesn't really describes what we are going through.

I got a notification from case tracker app this AM and I got all excited, but it was only saying something about visa bulletin. Still showing case received 

:(. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
1 minute ago, Victoria85 said:

I got a notification from case tracker app this AM and I got all excited, but it was only saying something about visa bulletin. Still showing case received 

:(. 

Me too...got the same thing 

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fils 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Victoria85 said:

I wonder what that could be? But I got something similar a couple of weeks ago so maybe it is just an update of the app or something. 

It was something about August bulletin was ready....I think it’s a normal thing. I received one last week that said they would be working on the app and it won’t be working from such and hour to such in hour...I believe this weekend. Not sure what it means.

what is your file date? We both seem to be waiting....☹️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

I wonder what that could be? But I got something similar a couple of weeks ago so maybe it is just an update of the app or something. 

Visa bulletin is issued for another category of applications. Called DV (Diversity) lottery. The winners are assigned the certain numbers when they win. And then each month they track the visa bulletin to see if they are in the pool already. Nothing has to do with k1. 

Edited by Az&Br

2 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

It was something about August bulletin was ready....I think it’s a normal thing. I received one last week that said they would be working on the app and it won’t be working from such and hour to such in hour...I believe this weekend. Not sure what it means.

what is your file date? We both seem to be waiting....☹️

NOA1 Dec 22 (Old site) and Dec. 28 the new one. Of course there is still time but they started to work on January already. I am not angry or anything like that all deserve to get their approval after waiting for so long. I am just a bit frustrated for not knowing what is going on. Be left behind it makes me  think something is wrong with my case. At least I feel this way. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

NOA1 Dec 22 (Old site) and Dec. 28 the new one. Of course there is still time but they started to work on January already. I am not angry or anything like that all deserve to get their approval after waiting for so long. I am just a bit frustrated for not knowing what is going on. Be left behind it makes me  think something is wrong with my case. At least I feel this way. 

I’m feeling the same way....but what seems to be happening is just normal. Our turn will come. Some of the reasons from what I’m reading is some USCIS take the work home and turn the box in a few days later. Maybe our paperwork is there. Or maybe another thought is...they have so much paperwork...they have an organized way of doing it...may not seem organized to us who are waiting...and our file turn is not yet. It’s very hard to be patient and like you I thought something was wrong with my file also. But we are not alone waiting...so I think it doesn’t mean somethings wrong...just our file not been worked on yet. I also find frustrating is the not knowing...and seeing January and RFE getting answers while we still have no answer. But....it’s jus how it appears to us. There is a system...we are there...just waiting our turn. It seems like a few days there has not been much action on visa journey for November, December or January. So not hearing anything ourselves...I would say is normal. Not that something wrong. Let’s hope today or next week we hear something. 💕

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I'm not sure if USCIS continues to update the "old site" data... but when they are updating it, the "Case Tracker" app proved to be useful in helping to manage our expectations.  Even though applications were being approved with later dates than ours, I was able to look at where my case sat among others and I was able to see that I was in the middle of a whole block of applications that hadn't yet been approved.  If you're getting into a panic, thinking "there's something wrong with my case and that's why it's taking so long", maybe look at your case and how the other cases surrounding it are being treated.

If your case is surrounded by a lot of other "blue" (Received) cases, it probably means that you're in a stack on someone's desk and they jut haven't gotten to it yet.

It's also valuable to remember that there are still people from November who are still waiting - not because their case has a problem, but simply because they haven't gotten to it yet.

IMG_3006.PNG

event.png

14 minutes ago, TogoAfrica said:

I’m feeling the same way....but what seems to be happening is just normal. Our turn will come. Some of the reasons from what I’m reading is some USCIS take the work home and turn the box in a few days later. Maybe our paperwork is there. Or maybe another thought is...they have so much paperwork...they have an organized way of doing it...may not seem organized to us who are waiting...and our file turn is not yet. It’s very hard to be patient and like you I thought something was wrong with my file also. But we are not alone waiting...so I think it doesn’t mean somethings wrong...just our file not been worked on yet. I also find frustrating is the not knowing...and seeing January and RFE getting answers while we still have no answer. But....it’s jus how it appears to us. There is a system...we are there...just waiting our turn. It seems like a few days there has not been much action on visa journey for November, December or January. So not hearing anything ourselves...I would say is normal. Not that something wrong. Let’s hope today or next week we hear something. 💕

I know our turn will come eventually, and I am trying to stay positive. However when the time is almost there it is hard to take your mind off. It is very helpful though to know that there are still people just like me who are patiently waiting. That gives me some relieve that I am not alone. I hope all this will be over soon for everyone who is waiting for their loved ones.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

I know our turn will come eventually, and I am trying to stay positive. However when the time is almost there it is hard to take your mind off. It is very helpful though to know that there are still people just like me who are patiently waiting. That gives me some relieve that I am not alone. I hope all this will be over soon for everyone who is waiting for their loved ones.  

Exactly!!!!!!! I feel the same way!!!!!!!!! Trying to be patient....but I too am looking for any reason or movement on my case and others...just to have hope! Our day will come...it has too 😁😁😁

Edited by TogoAfrica

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Minsk_2_San_Diego said:

I'm not sure if USCIS continues to update the "old site" data... but when they are updating it, the "Case Tracker" app proved to be useful in helping to manage our expectations.  Even though applications were being approved with later dates than ours, I was able to look at where my case sat among others and I was able to see that I was in the middle of a whole block of applications that hadn't yet been approved.  If you're getting into a panic, thinking "there's something wrong with my case and that's why it's taking so long", maybe look at your case and how the other cases surrounding it are being treated.

If your case is surrounded by a lot of other "blue" (Received) cases, it probably means that you're in a stack on someone's desk and they jut haven't gotten to it yet.

It's also valuable to remember that there are still people from November who are still waiting - not because their case has a problem, but simply because they haven't gotten to it yet.

IMG_3006.PNG

This helped me stop panicking I did something wrong...I can clearly see many Blue “received” meaning I’m not alone! Thanks for this idea!!! It does help!!! 

Hi! I have also been waiting for my NOA2. I log in to the new website everyday and check the old website and the app. It’s very disappointing to see that there is no update and it’s still in received status. I’ll take anything by now just to know that my case has been touched. It’s very nice to know that I am not the only one that has been waiting and that there are people on the same boat. Tomorrow I hit 200 days 😔 it’s so discouraging. I just wonder what it is that’s taking them so long. My NOA 1 is dec. 26 on the old and dec. 29 on the new. I really hope we can hear something by next week before I am officially able to inquire. Hoping everyone that’s been waiting has some good news soon.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 minutes ago, diembea said:

I remember there is a link for a group for what to do after the NOA2. I can't seem to find it- can someone repost it?

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.