Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Puddin&Pumpkin said:

Hey Everyone,

Been silently stalking this thread for a while.  First time posting.

I appreciate everyone's optimism, but frankly I'm getting mad.  When we filed, the USCIS processing dates stated 3-6 months max.  At this point almost everyone is over 6 months.  Just because they're slowing down, doesn't mean we should take it lying down.

When we hit our 200 day mark (at day 185 now), I will be emailing my congresswoman and I encourage everyone else to do the same.  This is utterly ridiculous.  They should be prioritizing our Visa's, yet work Visa's are getting approved faster.  It isn't how it should be, so we should collectively help USCIS get their asses in gear by speaking to those who can actually help.

My cousin is in the marines and even HE had to go to his congressman.  Optimism is great, but so is action.

Peace to you all <3

Old Website Dec 22

New Website Dec 28

You can jump up and down and stamp your feet but in the end you are no better or no worse then anyone else. There is no favoritism in this process. Your file will get adjudicated just like everyone else. If you feel it's necessary to contact your congress representative that's one of the tools you can use. The other is contacting the ombudsmen for USCIS. The USCIS Ombudsmen you should contact now and then based on what they can or can't do then step it up to congress. Don't besmirched someone who is doing exactly what you are doing; trying to further their life.

So, First try shooting off an email to the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 minutes ago, walt777 said:

Hi Everyone,

I been checking our status on the old site and it says "error the case can't be recognized" but on the new site it says the application was received and also I got the letter in the mail saying the application was received December 14.

I been checking everyday but nothing. I see people already got approved from the December list. 

Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem before?

We are seeing the accuracy and the updates more now on the "new" site then the old. There is no advantage to checking both. They both say the same thing. They just started approving December about a week ago so you still might have a 2-3 week delay to hear something on your case.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, walt777 said:

Hi Everyone,

I been checking our status on the old site and it says "error the case can't be recognized" but on the new site it says the application was received and also I got the letter in the mail saying the application was received December 14.

I been checking everyday but nothing. I see people already got approved from the December list. 

Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem before?

3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

We are seeing the accuracy and the updates more now on the "new" site then the old. There is no advantage to checking both. They both say the same thing. They just started approving December about a week ago so you still might have a 2-3 week delay to hear something on your case.

There are several December and after cases that weren't even put into the old website, so that's going to start to be a common error.

I would clarify they they are supposed to both say the same thing, but that doesn't mean they always do, additionally the new website seems to lag a day behind the old website when it does get updated.

Sometimes one or both don't get updated at all.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

7 minutes ago, Puddin&Pumpkin said:

Hardly.  Trying to encourage people to take action and remember we PAID for this.  My anger at USCIS has nothing to do with anyone on this thread.

"Hardly". Please explain your quote because to me you are pointing your resentment to the people filing the work visa's and that K-1 according to you should take priority. Am I missing something here. Here is your quote  "They should be prioritizing our Visa's, yet work Visa's are getting approved faster.  It isn't how it should be". Work visa ppl have paid their fees.

To help alleviate your anger I suggest using the two tools I posted earlier.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Puddin&Pumpkin said:

Hardly.  Trying to encourage people to take action and remember we PAID for this.  My anger at USCIS has nothing to do with anyone on this thread.

Honestly there's not much action you can do.... You can do some things if it makes you feel better, but until the USCIS Inquiry Date is past your received date, most congressman's office won't do much either, but by all means you can try.

The facts are they are just inundated with work and it's going to take them as long as it takes them. Successful immigration is not a high priority for this administration and they've made the entire process slower for everyone.

Part of why the K1 process has slowed down is because the administration ordered more scrutiny on the cases, so they are taking longer to adjudicate, asking for more RFEs than before, and taking longer doing background checks.

There's still plenty of cases left in the queue before you stacked up, and as another poster said getting angry doesn't change that. Will you spur one of your senators to take the issue up in general and push the administration to hire more people and make the process faster? I just don't see it happening anytime soon under this administration.

I had a friend who submitted in July 2017 and it took him 224 days.  And by the time I filed in November and you filed in December - the wait times were already at 6 months at that time just for NOA1 to NOA2 (you can check VJs graphs).

Some people are getting lucky and getting approved at day 180, most of us seem to be in the 200ish days these days, give or take about 10 days in either direction.

K1 / K2 Visa

Hi all,

Just wanted to let those know who are still waiting to know that I just received an RFE in the mail, with no notifications or updates to the new/old websites. It was dated 6/21 (my NOA1 date on the old/new websites are 12/6 and 12/8). 

I got an RFE for forgetting to check a few boxes. For those who have also gotten an RFE, how long after you send it back do you usually hear back about an approval? And also, I'm assuming I just check the boxes on the form they provided and mail it back?  Last question - the letter states "Submit your response to this request for evidence along with the attached blue sheet" but there is not attached blue sheet so I'm wondering if this was just a mistake on their part? What I need to do seems pretty clear cut but I just want to be 100% sure so that the process isn't prolonged any longer than it needs to be.

Thanks in advance for any help!

6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

"Hardly". Please explain your quote because to me you are pointing your resentment to the people filing the work visa's and that K-1 according to you should take priority. Am I missing something here. Here is your quote  "They should be prioritizing our Visa's, yet work Visa's are getting approved faster.  It isn't how it should be". Work visa ppl have paid their fees.

To help alleviate your anger I suggest using the two tools I posted earlier.

Everything I read says that USCIS is supposed to prioritize K-1 visas.  Even on their own site. 

Do you work for them or something?  lol Why would you care if I'm angry at an agency I paid to process my case that hasn't delivered in the promised time frame?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Puddin&Pumpkin said:

Everything I read says that USCIS is supposed to prioritize K-1 visas.  Even on their own site. 

Do you work for them or something?  lol Why would you care if I'm angry at an agency I paid to process my case that hasn't delivered in the promised time frame?

Source for the "supposed to prioritize K-1 visas. even on their own site.", please?  I'd like to read it. Thank you.

K1 / K2 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, jakejon said:

This happens with everyone. Some may be to proud to say it puts pressure on their relationship. It does at time, I know exactly what your saying. It’s like having an intangible relationship of a process with patience, frustration and excitement. Sometimes the frustration can overtake the excitement. We are going to book another trip for August. This process is a ‘process’ but it’s not going to eat us. We are happy with an early November POE so we can save more money seeing as EAD is taking a long time! Our time will come love! Honestly ❤️ 

Absolutely! It's really hard for everyone, and it's difficult to stay positive in a situation like this, but it's possible. We can do it. 

Aw that's awesome!! We wanted a late August POE but I can see that it might not be happening. We have to hold on I guess!! 

I hope you have yours soon and that your trip with your loved one goes amazing!!! Enjoy it a lot dear :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, nj2202 said:

Same here. It's starting to affect mine as well. I'm not good at dealing with LDR's because I get really impatient and emotional. I just want this to be over already.

Oh dear, I hear you. I'm super emotional and being apart doesn't help a lot. We're working through it, and I hope you guys are too! Hang in there and don't let this process get in the way, be with each other. I wish you good luck with your loved one!! ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jo&Ryan said:

Absolutely! It's really hard for everyone, and it's difficult to stay positive in a situation like this, but it's possible. We can do it. 

Aw that's awesome!! We wanted a late August POE but I can see that it might not be happening. We have to hold on I guess!! 

I hope you have yours soon and that your trip with your loved one goes amazing!!! Enjoy it a lot dear :wub:

I feel yours will come sooner than you think. I honestly can’t wait to see you inform us all of your update. You’ve been so positive, uplifting and truly deserve it to come asap (just like others). Thanks for all your positive words 😊☺️😌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jo&Ryan said:

I'm starting to lose a little hope each day goes by without any news, and it's definitely hurting our relationship, but it's okay. I know we'll get there. All of us. It's just really sad sometimes. 

Congratulations to everyone already approved!! 

Hang in there.  You've already waited 7 months,  another couple of weeks is nothing compared to that! The worst part is over! You will have your approval soon❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just let you guys know,

The RFE we received for our case was about two questions we forgot to fill in.

One about my marital status and one about my fiancee's criminal record

Silly us ;-;

Edited by Bunbunbunny
Correction

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.