Migaloo

I-129F December 2017 Filers

3,578 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

How long The approval takes has nothing to do with that though (of course rfe etc is a different issue), there was no backlog in 2016, there's backlog now.

What does backlog mean?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, vsforlife said:

What does backlog mean?

They are running late. They have too many cases filed in the past year so there's a delay at the moment.

the average at this moment from noa1 to noa2 is 190-220 days.

it has nothing to do with what you filed unless you get an rfe and it takes longer. Even a normal average case waits 6-7 months.they are doing june and july cases at this moment btw- I hope and think that it will get a little shorter by the time you guys start, but not in at least 2-3 months... that would be a miracle we would all love.

also lawyers and agency's has no power over speed of processing. 

Edited by Naes

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

They are running late. They have too many cases filed in the past year so there's a delay at the moment.

the average at this moment from noa1 to noa2 is 190-220 days.

it has nothing to do with what you filed unless you get an rfe and it takes longer. Even a normal average case waits 6-7 months.

also lawyers and agency's has no power over speed of processing. 

I knew all that but wanted to be sure on the backlog part. 

Thanks for clarifying. 

Timeline
Just now, vsforlife said:

I knew all that but wanted to be sure on the backlog part. 

Thanks for clarifying. 

Good luck! Hope everything will get at least a bit better for you guys 🤞

Timeline
1 minute ago, Blossomka said:

Hi guys!

I didnt read other topics,

but is it so? NVC is back to 2 weeks? :) : ) 

yes 2-3 weeks right now. It seems to be getting back to normal.

There are still some people trying to get their numbers, but lately it is getting normal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Yulie77 said:

We go through the process with rapid visa and they clearly state do not send more than 5-6 pictures. You will be fine! Personal conversations are not required at this stage. 

Ufa! :) thanks!! We also selected pics that showed us in different cities during different seasons, I believe that helps as well. 

Good luck to all of us! 

4 hours ago, vsforlife said:

I'm ending day 54 tonight. Got a long way to 190

stay positive! when we passed day 50 we thought we can't do it.

now we are at 145, and the only advise I can give:

prepare EVERYTHING you can!!! start cleaning up the house, the personal belongings, start shipping boxes to fiancé, order paperwork you need, translate your degrees, etc! that will ease your mind as every step you do with these things, is making you get a day closer to be with your fiancé :)

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Timeline
6 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

prepare EVERYTHING you can!!! start cleaning up the house, the personal belongings, start shipping boxes to fiancé, order paperwork you need, translate your degrees, etc! that will ease your mind as every step you do with these things, is making you get a day closer to be with your fiancé :)

The time will pass. I'm prepared for that even though I know there is a long way ahead. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Day 40 and counting! Onwards and upwards. 

Keeping busy is the best way forward. Get everything ready for NOA-2. What do you need to take to the interview. Collect pictures, chats, receipts, tickets ect. Fill out the forms and find out what vaccinations you still need to get for the medical. Go through the house and decide what you want to bring and how. In case of pets, look what vaccinations they need and what airliner can carry them. Research what needs to be done after we the wedding. What do you need for the AOS. How to get a drivers license. What jobs you'll be looking at. Maybe start making some friends while being over there. 

I am so ready for NOA-2 and yet I know I am not. There's still so much that needs to be done. How did people do this back when they only had 6 weeks to prepare for NOA-2? :wacko:

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

13 hours ago, vsforlife said:

I sort of have to disagree. A lawyer told me they want proof so the more you do, the easier it will be for the case worker to approve you. On top of that, he told me to make a cover page on what is included in the package 

I agree with the cover page but no more than 10 pictures should be included.  Passport pages (all of them scanned) and airline tickets are great.  Just use enough pictures to support the meeting requirement and to coincide with the relationship story.  All professional services and lawyers worth their weight would never want to send more than is required to do the job.  

I have only heard of 1 single instance a lawyer really helped with this process but there are hundreds if not thousands of stories where they screwed things up.

If you have a lawyer, make sure that all correspondence goes directly to you and not to them first.  That is the biggest complaint.  The lawyer holds the paperwork for weeks and months before they get around to responding.  They also have extra "fees" when they get letters.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 1/28/2018 at 6:47 AM, Little_Vixen said:

God I feel miserable. Running a fever and coughing my lungs out right now. Decided to install myself on the couch and binge watch 90days. Gotta love the drama. 

Hope your feeling better.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

Thank you for this.

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

I agree with the cover page but no more than 10 pictures should be included.  Passport pages (all of them scanned) and airline tickets are great.  Just use enough pictures to support the meeting requirement and to coincide with the relationship story.  All professional services and lawyers worth their weight would never want to send more than is required to do the job.  

I have only heard of 1 single instance a lawyer really helped with this process but there are hundreds if not thousands of stories where they screwed things up.

If you have a lawyer, make sure that all correspondence goes directly to you and not to them first.  That is the biggest complaint.  The lawyer holds the paperwork for weeks and months before they get around to responding.  They also have extra "fees" when they get letters.  

#######... I believe I sent between 15 to 30.  (Packs at home at the moment and I am at work).  At this point it will be what it will be.  I can only hope that the pictures work in our favor.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.