capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

They probably realized that having K1 on only Wednesdays was a bad idea.  LOL

I'm still surprised at the number of K1 from Canada to be honest.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally got a response from Montreal!!!!! I don't know if this was what the hold up was about but they've asked for proof that our son (who lives with me in Canada) is a US citizen. I didn't include him on my DS-160 because he has dual citizenship (we went to the US embassy when he was just a couple of months old and had all the paperwork taken care of), he has a social security number and a US passport already so I wasn't worried about it. So I guess now I just have to wait for my fiance to wake up (worked a midnight shift last night) so he can scan and send them the paperwork they need.  Fingers crossed he wakes up soon and maybe we'll be able to book our interview today :) 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Shav said:

Hey 👋 @KAF 

1.first of all lots of forums and people told me to send packet 3 once it’s say READY. So I send it to consulate and then got an email back tht i have to wait for p3 info mail. 

2.Then i got an email from MONTREAL CONSULATE to send packet 3 info yesterday april 11,2018 and we sent everything.

3. Today april12,2018 we got packet 4 by email to book our interview medical (everything we need to do.....)

4.then we booked our interview for latest available date that is 18 MAY 2018 (that’s what available option visible to us and 22 may too)

5. The process for us from NVC TO READY

Is what you can check from our immigration file on vj🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 

Thanks i hope i have answered all the queries👍🏻 

Congratulations again. I am psuhing myself to be as patient as I can be. I really hope that we hear from them next week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, NikLR said:

I'm still surprised at the number of K1 from Canada to be honest.  

I read that quite often around here... people don't know why couples from US and Canada go K1 instead of CR1. For us, it was simply that we want to LIVE together ASAP and we were told K1 allows you into the country faster. We don't mind the not able to work or travel part during the AOS stage, so it was just a matter of what will get us together sooner than later. Visiting is fine and easier between US & Canada, but it isn't the same as being together 24/7, so CR1 just sounded like 18+ months of living apart instead of 9.

2 hours ago, sprinklegirl27 said:

Finally got a response from Montreal!!!!! I don't know if this was what the hold up was about but they've asked for proof that our son (who lives with me in Canada) is a US citizen. I didn't include him on my DS-160 because he has dual citizenship (we went to the US embassy when he was just a couple of months old and had all the paperwork taken care of), he has a social security number and a US passport already so I wasn't worried about it. So I guess now I just have to wait for my fiance to wake up (worked a midnight shift last night) so he can scan and send them the paperwork they need.  Fingers crossed he wakes up soon and maybe we'll be able to book our interview today :) 

Yes! I got a response from Montreal moments ago asking for my Packet 3 documents! A few days ago I sent them an email kindly asking for my packet 4, they sent me a generic "we are still processing your case" email first thing this morning, and then a few hours later I got an email asking for my Packet 3 stuff. I guess March 20th finally made it to someone's desk! What a relief. 

2 hours ago, sumbunny said:

I read that quite often around here... people don't know why couples from US and Canada go K1 instead of CR1. For us, it was simply that we want to LIVE together ASAP and we were told K1 allows you into the country faster. We don't mind the not able to work or travel part during the AOS stage, so it was just a matter of what will get us together sooner than later. Visiting is fine and easier between US & Canada, but it isn't the same as being together 24/7, so CR1 just sounded like 18+ months of living apart instead of 9.

I expect not to see any posts from you complaining about your lack of independence during AOS ;) LOL

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, NikLR said:

I expect not to see any posts from you complaining about your lack of independence during AOS ;) LOL

Not a one! Promise <3 We're gamer nerds and I work from home, so it sounds like one big vacation to us haha :D

Timeline

Thank goodness for this thread, we called the technical help and got our visa paid and now we're seeing the right interview dates!

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

2 minutes ago, kas634 said:

Thank goodness for this thread, we called the technical help and got our visa paid and now we're seeing the right interview dates!

YAY!

Timeline
1 hour ago, kas634 said:

Congrats! When’s your interview date?

Timeline
Just now, C.&A. said:

Congrats! When’s your interview date?

Haven't chosen one yet unfortunately.. we'd pick one of the ones available, but my fiance has to stay in Canada at least until the end of May now (He's making a work trip tot he states late May so he needs to keep his passport), so we're going to have to do early june when they open up

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kas634 said:

Haven't chosen one yet unfortunately.. we'd pick one of the ones available, but my fiance has to stay in Canada at least until the end of May now (He's making a work trip tot he states late May so he needs to keep his passport), so we're going to have to do early june when they open up

Awww.. me too! Waiting for June to open. Have you heard about the “myth”? That montreal is only doing the interview during Wednesday? However, when i checked it, open dates are May 18 & 22. Friday & Tuesday.. lol 

Timeline
6 hours ago, kas634 said:

Which is?? So is it really just wednesday?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/11/2018 at 9:30 PM, TD1 said:

Also Im from the prairies and am planning on staying the whole duration from my medical to my interview...anyone else doing the same? If so how long are you booking in between your medical from your interview?

Hey! I'm from the Prairies (MB), too! Whereabouts are you?

I was hoping to get the medical and interview done in one trip, as well.

However, considering they haven't even sent me P3 yet, I don't expect to be able to luck out and schedule both in one trip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.