capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

I don't think anyone is getting my point, lol.

The Beneficiary's email is never ASKED for by any immigration entity. They only ask for the Petitioner's on the G1145. That makes no sense if they are all trying to go electronic. How would the beneficiary receive the emailed packet 3????

If beneficiary's do not know that they have to OFFER/GIVE NOTICE of their email to immigration, they will just have to wait for their Petitioner to forward documents THAT PERTAIN TO THE BENEFICIARY ONLY (???) or wait for snail mail. (If i did that I'd get absolutely nowehere as my Petitioner doesnt check his email and lets the snail mail sit unopened on the table for months).

It makes no sense. And it's never discussed here. 

That's not entirely accurate. The NVC agent asked specifically for my email address. I am the beneficiary. Did you get your case# from NVC? If you did you can track your case online. If your case left NVC end of May, expect Packet3 any day now. It will be sent by email to the emails addresses given to NVC. It goes quickly, just hang in there

2 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

That's not entirely accurate. The NVC agent asked specifically for my email address. I am the beneficiary. Did you get your case# from NVC? If you did you can track your case online. If your case left NVC end of May, expect Packet3 any day now. It will be sent by email to the emails addresses given to NVC. It goes quickly, just hang in there

NVC did not ask for my (beneficiary's) email. I had to call them back and give it to them/fill out an NVC inquiry form after they gave my the case number. They did not ask for it. 

It was a reactive process rather than a proactive one is what I'm getting at. If I wait for my petitioner to send me Packet 3 I would never get it.

Do you or anyone see what I'm getting at?

If I hadn't enquired (and some ppl don't know to) nothing would move forward. Ie packet 3 is not for the PETITIONER so why would they only have the Petitioner's email on file from the start?

29 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

NVC did not ask for my (beneficiary's) email. I had to call them back and give it to them/fill out an NVC inquiry form after they gave my the case number. They did not ask for it. 

It was a reactive process rather than a proactive one is what I'm getting at. If I wait for my petitioner to send me Packet 3 I would never get it.

If I hadn't enquired (and some ppl don't know to) nothing would move forward. Ie packet 3 is not for the PETITIONER so why would they only have the Petitioner's email on file from the start?

Not sure by what you mean when you say  "if you had to wait for petitioner to send Packet 3 , you would never get it." The petitioner would just flip you the email. It takes a couple minutes max. After the petitioner (and/or the beneficiary receives the Packet3 electronic), the paper copy will come 2-3 days later. Then the petitioner could just scan you a copy, also takes a couple minutes. 

As for the reason why documents are sent to the petitioner it's because they are the U.S. citizen, they are the ones bringing us in. There are couples who break-up during this process so I can see why no US agent would want to process all this extra paperwork for the beneficiary when the beneficiary really wants to move to the US but the petitioner changed his/her mind about the relationship. Its a safeguard, a precautionary measure.  In order to receive the additional steps, the beneficiary has liase with the petitioner.  There are alot of challenging steps ahead (booking the interview... IF there is an opening. That requires lots of patience). I wish you the best! You're almost there. 😁

Edited by J❤️J

55 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I am the beneficiary and I submitted a G1145 as well as the G1145 for the petitioner. I never gave NVC my email as I didn't bother calling them constantly. That is how I was emailed my packet 3. No where did it state that the G1145 was only for the petitioner. In fact I got constant updates after every stage of the visa process, starting with the notice that my NOA1 was received. So they don't technically ASK for the beneficiary's email but you did have the option to include it. I'm in a similar position in that my fiancé would never check his email or his snail mail for that matter so I wanted to receive notice of every action so that I could FORCE him to go check haha.

I think your best course of action would be to forward your packet 3 as soon as your status is changed to "ready" with your DS-160 info. I've seen on visajourney some people have done that and been sent packet 4 without actually receiving packet 3.

41 minutes ago, Jmattiuz said:

I am the beneficiary and I submitted a G1145 as well as the G1145 for the petitioner. I never gave NVC my email as I didn't bother calling them constantly. That is how I was emailed my packet 3. No where did it state that the G1145 was only for the petitioner. In fact I got constant updates after every stage of the visa process, starting with the notice that my NOA1 was received. So they don't technically ASK for the beneficiary's email but you did have the option to include it. I'm in a similar position in that my fiancé would never check his email or his snail mail for that matter so I wanted to receive notice of every action so that I could FORCE him to go check haha.

I think your best course of action would be to forward your packet 3 as soon as your status is changed to "ready" with your DS-160 info. I've seen on visajourney some people have done that and been sent packet 4 without actually receiving packet 3.

Good action on the G1145 for both Petitioner and Beneficiary. That is definitely not explained or talked about here or by the USCIS instructions AND the first time I have ever heard that being done. THAT needs to be implemented as protocol on VJ!

Not too worried about my own procedure I just wanted to discuss how the beneficiary's email is never ASKED for and how it is rarely talked about here on what should be done to be notified as the beneficiary.

Thank you @Jmattiuz!!! 

1 hour ago, J❤️J said:

Not sure by what you mean when you say  "if you had to wait for petitioner to send Packet 3 , you would never get it." The petitioner would just flip you the email. No my fiancé does not read his emails or open his paper mail. That is why I would never get any correspondence because he doesn't care too.

It takes a couple minutes max. After the petitioner (and/or the beneficiary receives the Packet3 electronic), the paper copy will come 2-3 days later. Then the petitioner could just scan you a copy, also takes a couple minutes. Scan? lol. He's not technical at all and I am sure I'm not the only one who has a partner like that.

As for the reason why documents are sent to the petitioner it's because they are the U.S. citizen, they are the ones bringing us in. There are couples who break-up during this process so I can see why no US agent would want to process all this extra paperwork for the beneficiary when the beneficiary really wants to move to the US but the petitioner changed his/her mind about the relationship. Its a safeguard, a precautionary measure.  In order to receive the additional steps, the beneficiary has liase with the petitioner. I see your point here.

There are alot of challenging steps ahead (booking the interview... IF there is an opening. That requires lots of patience). I wish you the best! You're almost there. 😁

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The Beneficiary's email is never ASKED for by any immigration entity. They only ask for the Petitioner's on the G1145. That makes no sense if they are all trying to go electronic. How would the beneficiary receive the emailed packet 3????

If beneficiary's do not know that they have to OFFER/GIVE NOTICE of their email to immigration, they will just have to wait for their Petitioner to forward documents THAT PERTAIN TO THE BENEFICIARY ONLY (???) or wait for snail mail????

(If i did that I'd get absolutely nowehere as my Petitioner doesnt check his email and lets the snail mail sit unopened on the table for months).

I do get your point. And that's why you just call the NVC and give them the beneficiary's email address once the case # is assigned. I did that, and I still didn't get packet 3 from MTL. They only sent it to my fiancee (petitioner) I also sent Packet 3 to them without them asking me to, and that's where they replied with Packet 4.

Also, it's been so long that I don't 100% remember that there was no spot anywhere on the I-129 where we put our email addresses. In any case, there's no need to worry about it if you call them and give them the beneficiary email address once the case # is assigned. 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

51 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's unfortunate. You could always just ask him for his email password and check it on his behalf? You could also ask him to sign up for USPS emails. That's what my fiance did. He lives in Hawaii and travels alot for work (also mail takes awhile to get to him from the mainland). He received a digital preview of all his mail that was scheduled to arrive so he knew he had mail from USCIS before he even got home 👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My best guess is that they got my email (the beneficiary) from the supporting docs that were provided with the I-129.

My email (which is basically my name @whatever.com) is shown on most of the travel and hotel confirmations.

I assume that is how they got it as my fiance also provided travel confirmations listing a secondary email and they sent emails to that address, too (even though he had not provided that one to USCIS initially).

Again, only a guess.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, J❤️J said:

Hey!!! Did you get your appointment? I have mine next week 😎

I booked my medical for June 29th!! Interview is July 11, so still plenty of time! How exciting!!! 

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

On 5/30/2018 at 7:34 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

If beneficiary's do not know that they have to OFFER/GIVE NOTICE of their email to immigration, they will just have to wait for their Petitioner to forward documents THAT PERTAIN TO THE BENEFICIARY ONLY (???) or wait for snail mail????

(If i did that I'd get absolutely nowehere as my Petitioner doesnt check his email and lets the snail mail sit unopened on the table for months).

You're supposed to call the NVC for your case number. At that time YOU give the beneficiary email.  If you do not do it at this time you can still check your CEAC with your case number if acquired.  If not yes, Montreal will send the BENEFICIARY snail mail and the beneficiary will need to email the information back as Montreal.  

Packet 3 IS available for download as well from the consulate without them ever sending you snail mail or email.  But without your case number from the NVC you won't get very far. 

If the beneficiary and petitioner chooses not to be proactive or check their mail that's their fault.  Who the heck doesnt check their mail when you're doing something important? Honestly I'd be concerned that the petitioner didnt want the marriage or immigration to happen if the case sat around without letting the beneficiary know about NOA2 (at which point the beneficiary takes control of the process except for the I-134.) 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

19 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Hi guys! Any idea of how I can change my appointment to a sooner appointment without losing the one I already have? Right now my interview is mid-July but I'm thinking I will keep an eye on  the visa website and see if anything sooner pops up. Has anyone here done this?

That's a question for @Naes. She did it twice. I'm pretty sure you lose the original date immediately if you proceed to look for a sooner one.

PS Can you take a few minutes to fill out your timeline please...

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.