capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, kas634 said:

I won't be able to :( work has gotten way too busy.. 

Haven't you guys been waiting forever?? We waited almost exactly two weeks since our case said "ready", but we also annoyed them with emails before the fact :) 

Yeaaah. Well technically, it’s gonna be two weeks on Tuesday . So i will be patient and wait. Have you checked any opening for June interview yet?

Timeline

I have question regarding Vaccinations and medical. 

I really thought the “medical” is when you receive any vaccinations you need.

But a friend said you need to do them outside first, get the proof/copy and take it with you on your medical. 

Anyone who can verify?

2 hours ago, KAF said:

But a friend said you need to do them outside first, get the proof/copy and take it with you on your medical. 

Anyone who can verify?

My medical is in Vancouver this week. On the sheet their office forwarded to me, it says that if I cannot prove vaccinations (if you lost the proof or never had them) they’ll provide the vaccinations for you at the medical exam for an additional fee. 

At my age I needed MMR and TdaP boosters so I walked into a vaccination clinic and got them done beforehand. Looks like those boosters were necessary at my age even though I had the vaccinations as a child. 

Maybe check with the office that is doing your medical. I’d be surprised if they didn’t offer booster shots if you needed them for the visa. 

7 hours ago, KAF said:

Anyone who can verify?

Highly suggest asking your family dr to have your titres done. If anything shows as not being immune you can take that to your local health clinic and have them booster it for free.  I also needed MMR as I was no longer immune to measles (or mumps...one of them lol) and updated my Tdap as well.  That was free but costs you $$$ at the medical.  You can check with the health clinic to see if they will booster them anyhow without the titre test too.  

Personally it's worth the little bit of extra work (women get your yearly tests done before you move too!!!) You save money, can get your health history as needed, and make sure you've seen your dr.  It took me 3 years to find an obgyn here and they are not as thorough as my gp in Canada but are highly rated. Go figure... no GP as of yet almost 5 years later.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
16 hours ago, KAF said:

Yeaaah. Well technically, it’s gonna be two weeks on Tuesday . So i will be patient and wait. Have you checked any opening for June interview yet?

Nothing open yet :(

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
16 hours ago, KAF said:

Anyone who can verify?

In addition to the other comments, here's our little piece (always check with the doctor you're going to see as well)

You do have to bring vaccination records (according to Ian Zatzman's office), however if you're not up-to-date with them or you need additional vaccinations, they will let my fiance get them done after the medical and fax them over to the doctor's office

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

16 hours ago, Kim & Zak said:

In addition to the other comments, here's our little piece (always check with the doctor you're going to see as well)

You do have to bring vaccination records (according to Ian Zatzman's office), however if you're not up-to-date with them or you need additional vaccinations, they will let my fiance get them done after the medical and fax them over to the doctor's office

Keep in mind that sending anything after the medical will delay receiving the results. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi guys, forgive me if this is a silly question... I know my case is at NVC. Ive been calling every second day and I haven't received my case number yet. NVC received it April 18th. My fiance (petitioner) sent me the affadavit of support, evidence of relationship, etc, etc. I'm working on the DS160 but I won't send it yet. When I receive the case number from NVC, do I send Montreal a checklist of the documents or the actual documents PLUS the checklist of everything? 

Screenshot_20180424-113332.png

5 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Hi guys, forgive me if this is a silly question... I know my case is at NVC. Ive been calling every second day and I haven't received my case number yet. NVC received it April 18th. My fiance (petitioner) sent me the affadavit of support, evidence of relationship, etc, etc. I'm working on the DS160 but I won't send it yet. When I receive the case number from NVC, do I send Montreal a checklist of the documents or the actual documents PLUS the checklist of everything? 

Screenshot_20180424-113332.png

I'm pretty sure I have to fill out and sign the checklist but I'm wondering if anyone sends the actual documents. Thoughts?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@J❤️J My understanding is that you just need to send the checklist, Ds-160 confirmation and Passport bio page, not the actual documents.

Timeline

Fiance just got done with his medical and everything went well! Just need to get his chicken pox vaccine/antibodies checked out, but we got some time before our expected June interview 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Hi! If you don't mind me asking... Did you do your medical at Medisys?

We went to Ian Zatzman in Toronto, sounds like fiance got through everything in about an hour :)

Timeline

We are on week 2 of waiting for packet 3. It’s frustrating honestly. I do want everything ti be done and hopefully get a spot on May. I’m really tempted to send the p3 again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.