capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/13/2018 at 9:47 PM, KAF said:

Which is?? So is it really just wednesday?

Sorry, actually in Canada now! We haven't booked yet but it's not only wednesdays..

image.png.dbb753e2f4528abcb665eade2bf8fe27.png

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
8 hours ago, kas634 said:

Sorry, actually in Canada now! We haven't booked yet but it's not only wednesdays..

image.png.dbb753e2f4528abcb665eade2bf8fe27.png

Ohhh.. how’s Canada? Haha.

i see June is still not posted. I really wish they will email us packet 3 already. If we can do May, I am happy to.

Hi! I called the NVC in New Hampshire yesterday and they informed me that they received our petition on Wednesday April 18th. They said they were currently processing and mentioned something about it being electronic or digital...What does this mean exactly?

When will I be able to receive my NVC case #? NOA1 September 22nd , NOA April 2 2018 (paper copy reads NOA2 approval March 30th)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Hi! I called the NVC in New Hampshire yesterday and they informed me that they received our petition on Wednesday April 18th. They said they were currently processing and mentioned something about it being electronic or digital...What does this mean exactly?

When will I be able to receive my NVC case #? NOA1 September 22nd , NOA April 2 2018 (paper copy reads NOA2 approval March 30th)

Good news!  The NVC is generally friendly and you can call everyday, until they give you your NVC #.  I recommend calling at night when they're less busy.  Once you get your # you just wait for your status to change to 'ready' and you can submit DS160.   Good luck.

2 minutes ago, A & C 1 said:

Good news!  The NVC is generally friendly and you can call everyday, until they give you your NVC #.  I recommend calling at night when they're less busy.  Once you get your # you just wait for your status to change to 'ready' and you can submit DS160.   Good luck.

Thanks for this! 😁Where would I look for 'ready' status change? Would you be able to send me the link? 

Edited by J❤️J

Timeline
14 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

Thanks for this! 😁Where would I look for 'ready' status change? Would you be able to send me the link? 

Here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=stLgYJNY3SVNSD63kBq4ow==

On 2018-04-16 at 6:53 PM, kenikki said:

Hey! I'm from the Prairies (MB), too! Whereabouts are you?

I was hoping to get the medical and interview done in one trip, as well.

However, considering they haven't even sent me P3 yet, I don't expect to be able to luck out and schedule both in one trip.

Im from Sask.  I have made arrangements to have the medical and interview done in one trip.  I booked a combo of airbnb/hotels (lots of cheap options on airbnb that are close walking distance to the medical building and where the interview will be held),  I google mapped the areas and then compared them to the airbnb location.  The medical receptionist was really great and worked with my interview date, didn't seem too difficult to arrange that.  With cost of flights including almost a solid travel day including the connections, I just opted to stay the duration, wait to get my results and go to the interview then fly home on the late flight that day.  

Edited by TD1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, TD1 said:

I have made arrangements to have the medical and interview done in one trip.

How long did you wait before getting your Packet 3?

How many days between your medical and your interview?

2 hours ago, TD1 said:

Im from Sask.  I have made arrangements to have the medical and interview done in one trip.  I booked a combo of airbnb/hotels (lots of cheap options on airbnb that are close walking distance to the medical building and where the interview will be held),  I google mapped the areas and then compared them to the airbnb location.  The medical receptionist was really great and worked with my interview date, didn't seem too difficult to arrange that.  With cost of flights including almost a solid travel day including the connections, I just opted to stay the duration, wait to get my results and go to the interview then fly home on the late flight that day.  

That is what I did because of living in southern Manitoba. My Mum and I made it a last vacation for us together and had a grand time. Montreal is a great place. I would love to go there again and spend more time. We stayed for 11 days because of the fact my interview was right after Thanksgiving last year so I had to schedule my Medical earlier but it was awesome and our airbnb was nice.

Timeline
7 hours ago, TD1 said:

Your timeline seems so fast paced. Congratulations on that but did you ask them anything to expedite yours? Most of the people here are either still waiting for packet 3 to be sent or their nvc to show ready. 

6 hours ago, KAF said:

Your timeline seems so fast paced. Congratulations on that but did you ask them anything to expedite yours? Most of the people here are either still waiting for packet 3 to be sent or their nvc to show ready. 

Nope, just kept calling NVC. My timeline is estimated dates.

Timeline
5 hours ago, TD1 said:

Nope, just kept calling NVC. My timeline is estimated dates.

Estimated dates? Umm I think we usually put the exact dates....

so did you get a case number then and also packet 3?

Edited by KAF

Timeline

Just got back from Canada and I see I (or rather.. my fiance, but it came to my address) got something in the mail from Montreal.. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'll keep you all updated if it's the paper version of packet 4..

Medical is Tuesday/Wednesday and I messed up the appointment or something so lets hope it all works out lol, otherwise that's a flight down the drain..

And next time I see him, he'll be moving here, woo!

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Timeline
4 hours ago, kas634 said:

Just got back from Canada and I see I (or rather.. my fiance, but it came to my address) got something in the mail from Montreal.. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'll keep you all updated if it's the paper version of packet 4..

Medical is Tuesday/Wednesday and I messed up the appointment or something so lets hope it all works out lol, otherwise that's a flight down the drain..

And next time I see him, he'll be moving here, woo!

Aww. Good for you guys. Are you going with him for the interview? 

Im still waiting for packet 3. Mygaad. How long did you wait again for it?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KAF said:

Aww. Good for you guys. Are you going with him for the interview? 

Im still waiting for packet 3. Mygaad. How long did you wait again for it?

I won't be able to :( work has gotten way too busy.. 

Haven't you guys been waiting forever?? We waited almost exactly two weeks since our case said "ready", but we also annoyed them with emails before the fact :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.