capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
28 minutes ago, tpommm said:

I am hearing rumors that they are starting to do extreme social media/telephone vetting at the consulates. Has anyone had an run ins with this at the Montreal consulate?

When security went through our stuff, we were told to turn our phones off. They kept our phones after that and handed us a ticket to collect them on our way out. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/9/2018 at 11:42 AM, tpommm said:

I am hearing rumors that they are starting to do extreme social media/telephone vetting at the consulates. Has anyone had an run ins with this at the Montreal consulate?

What do you mean extreme social media/telephone vetting? Can you elaborate?

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

1 hour ago, NikkiMarie said:

What do you mean extreme social media/telephone vetting? Can you elaborate?

I've heard that officials at consulates have asked applicants for all associated telephone numbers they have used, all social media accounts they have ever used to be vetted. Not sure if this is true or if anyone has run into this.

1 minute ago, tpommm said:

I've heard that officials at consulates have asked applicants for all associated telephone numbers they have used, all social media accounts they have ever used to be vetted. Not sure if this is true or if anyone has run into this.

Yes they are now allowed to. Not sure if they do but you will get a 221g at interview and be required to send them back the document disclosing that info plus more.

chances of this happening in Montreal to a natural born Canadian with no ties to a high fraud country would be slim to none. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, NikLR said:

chances of this happening in Montreal to a natural born Canadian with no ties to a high fraud country would be slim to none. 

My thoughts exactly lol.

K-1 Visa AOS Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

10/18/18 - Sent AOS Package to Chicago

10/25/18 - USCIS took AOS fee (credit card payment)

10/30/18 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

11/02/18 - Biometrics Appointment Letter & NOA1 Hard Copies Received

11/13/18 - Biometrics Appointment

11/13/18 - Received RFIE (forgot to include husband’s full tax return)

11/13/18 - AOS status updated to "On November 13, We Sent You A Request For Initial Evidence"

11/29/18 - RFIE response delivered to USCIS

03/25/19 - AOS status updated to "Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview"

04/02/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Scheduled"

04/04/19 - Received Interview Letter

05/07/19 - Green Card Interview - Baltimore (did not get on the spot approval)

05/07/19 - AOS status updated to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed"

05/29/19 - EAD status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/01/19 - EAD & AP 1-797 hard copies received

06/02/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

06/03/19 - Received updated SSN card with married name.

06/03/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

06/04/19 - EAD status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

06/04/19 - Received Combo Card in the mail

07/13/19 - AOS status updated to "New Card Is Being Produced"

07/16/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Mailed To Me"

07/17/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Picked Up By USPS"

07/19/19 - AOS status updated to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

07/19/19 - Received Green Card in the mail

On 6/10/2018 at 10:04 PM, tpommm said:

They can and have been doing this for years now at Border Security crossings. The officers can go through cell phones, contact anyone in the contact list to verify info, contact credit card companies (to verify if you went over the $800 customs limit), contact your employer, etc, etc. Honestly, when applying for entry to the US(tourist visa, fiance, work visa, etc), your life's history is an open book. Just be honest , cooperate with the officials and you won't have any issues

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~THread locked to further replies. As this thread has become completely off topic.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you received a digital copy that is the same as receiving a hard copy. You can check the box. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I have a question about evidence to bring to the interview. My fiance and I have been together since 2011. We met abroad, travelled around the world together and lived in Canada together for 2 years when he decided to go back to University to pursue a different degree.  Our petition was full of documents since we've been together for so long (200+ pages of evidence). For ppl who have already passed your interview, did you bring your entire petition (the one submitted prior to NOA1) or just key documents? We have tons of plane tickets from all over, photos in various countries, pictures with both our families and friends, photos of us together at different events, leases, car insurances, jewelry insurance , bank forms, contracts, and obviously phone records, texts, etc . We even have a census record of when he was living here as a student.... It's alot. We have even more to add to that he's come to visit me here in Montreal since we started the process. I feel kind of ridiculous walking into the consulate with 500+ pages of our history together. If I have to slide the evidence through a slot in the window, it definitely wouldn't fit. Any thoughts? Should I bring everything previously submitted or just key documents? I plan to bring my expired passports which will show we've been traveling together. Ideas? (PS. We did not receive a RFE... I can only imagine the poor soul that had to review our enormous file) 😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
34 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

I have a question about evidence to bring to the interview. My fiance and I have been together since 2011. We met abroad, travelled around the world together and lived in Canada together for 2 years when he decided to go back to University to pursue a different degree.  Our petition was full of documents since we've been together for so long (200+ pages of evidence). For ppl who have already passed your interview, did you bring your entire petition (the one submitted prior to NOA1) or just key documents? We have tons of plane tickets from all over, photos in various countries, pictures with both our families and friends, photos of us together at different events, leases, car insurances, jewelry insurance , bank forms, contracts, and obviously phone records, texts, etc . We even have a census record of when he was living here as a student.... It's alot. We have even more to add to that he's come to visit me here in Montreal since we started the process. I feel kind of ridiculous walking into the consulate with 500+ pages of our history together. If I have to slide the evidence through a slot in the window, it definitely wouldn't fit. Any thoughts? Should I bring everything previously submitted or just key documents? I plan to bring my expired passports which will show we've been traveling together. Ideas? (PS. We did not receive a RFE... I can only imagine the poor soul that had to review our enormous file) 😆

We had our interview yesterday, I brought a copy of everything that was in our original i129f package, everything requested in packet 4, screen shots of photos of us together on Facebook taken since we submitted our i129f, screen shots of Facebook Messengers chats, phone bills, etc... They didn't ask to look at anything besides the official documents requested in packet 4 (birth certificate, police report, divorce decree, and so on). They didn't even ask to see any of the additional information we had brought for the affidavit of support just the copy of the petitioners latest tax return. The interview was five minutes max, they asked a few questions about my fiance (name, where he lives and works), had I visited any countries besides US and Canada, and a few questions about my dad (who is Canadian military and was posted in Colorado for a few years). I was surprised it wasn't more intense. Granted we like you lived together for two years while my fiance was posted in Canada. We also have a son together and my fiance works for the US air Force. I would say bring stuff just in case, I'm glad I had all that stuff just in case they had asked for any of it. I had a big binder with me I felt a little ridiculous and don't worry they ask you to slide each paper through the slot individualy lol I hope that helps :)

2 hours ago, sprinklegirl27 said:

We had our interview yesterday, I brought a copy of everything that was in our original i129f package, everything requested in packet 4, screen shots of photos of us together on Facebook taken since we submitted our i129f, screen shots of Facebook Messengers chats, phone bills, etc... They didn't ask to look at anything besides the official documents requested in packet 4 (birth certificate, police report, divorce decree, and so on). They didn't even ask to see any of the additional information we had brought for the affidavit of support just the copy of the petitioners latest tax return. The interview was five minutes max, they asked a few questions about my fiance (name, where he lives and works), had I visited any countries besides US and Canada, and a few questions about my dad (who is Canadian military and was posted in Colorado for a few years). I was surprised it wasn't more intense. Granted we like you lived together for two years while my fiance was posted in Canada. We also have a son together and my fiance works for the US air Force. I would say bring stuff just in case, I'm glad I had all that stuff just in case they had asked for any of it. I had a big binder with me I felt a little ridiculous and don't worry they ask you to slide each paper through the slot individualy lol I hope that helps :)

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I will bring everything, just in case. Glad to hear about your interview and that I'm not alone bringing in tons and tons of documents lol 😁 

On 6/14/2018 at 1:55 PM, sprinklegirl27 said:

Congrats!! Just a question on tax returns. Did you take a copy of the tax transcripts found on the IRS website or the actual Tax return? Also did they check for W2, pay stubs, bank statements? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, DeepakChani said:

Congrats!! Just a question on tax returns. Did you take a copy of the tax transcripts found on the IRS website or the actual Tax return? Also did they check for W2, pay stubs, bank statements? 

I brought a letter from his employer, bank statements, W2 and the actual tax return but the only thing they asked to see was the tax return. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.