nyokie

December 2017 i130 filers

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mike and Raz said:

Congrats Barbie Ann, NJ and RJ!  I am so happy for both of you!...

Hope you get your case completes soon!

M

thank you very much, hang in there , you should get approved very soon as well 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, nyokie said:

good day....Anyone case take about 8 weeks to received from USCIS to NVC?

It seems like a lot of people these days. You should check out the NVC filers groups on VisaJourney. once its been 8 weeks + 1 day you can call NVC and they will escalate it to a supervisor. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Sweetamooni said:

It seems like a lot of people these days. You should check out the NVC filers groups on VisaJourney. once its been 8 weeks + 1 day you can call NVC and they will escalate it to a supervisor. 

thought it take 2-6 weeks to receive , then wait 8weeks for a case and IV number.

neber heard of waiting 8 weeks to receive them wait another 8 weeks for case and IV number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, nyokie said:

good day....Anyone case take about 8 weeks to received from USCIS to NVC?

I dont think it should take that long, two things to check has your status been updated in USCIS that they sent to NVC ? if not they might have not forwarded yet if yes , it takes 1-4 weeks but mostly 2 weeks. Call NVC/USCIS accordingly .

Timeline
8 hours ago, nyokie said:

thought it take 2-6 weeks to receive , then wait 8weeks for a case and IV number.

neber heard of waiting 8 weeks to receive them wait another 8 weeks for case and IV number.

When I was calling NVC to to see if they received it they told me they are working at 6-8 weeks to receive from USCIS. doesn’t mean it won’t get there sooner. But if it’s taking that long I wouldn’t be worried yet.

Also, now that your case has been approved you can follow the NVC groups on VJ to get a better idea of processing times once it’s been received. Some are 3 weeks and some are at 10 weeks. 

Edited by Sweetamooni
Typo

1 minute ago, Sweetamooni said:

When I was calling NVC to to see if they received it they told me they are working at 6-8 weeks to receive from USCIS. doesn’t mean it won’t get there sooner. But if it’s taking that long I wouldn’t be worried yet.

Also, now that your case has been approved you can follow the NVC groups on VJ to get a better idea of processing times once it’s been received. Some are 3 weeks and some are at 10 weeks. 

and some didn't get approved yet 

PD 12/5/17

so thank god that you got approved

8 hours ago, boro said:

Case Approved (Nebraska Service Center) 

NOA1 - 12/28/2018

NOA2- 07/25/2018

congrats!!!! mine @same priority date but at potomac

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys I have a question and hoping for a quick answer here. A bit of context first. I'm an Indian national married to a USC. This is my second marriage; my first husband died in 2011. My USC husband filed for an IR1 in December 2017 and last week we got an RFE asking for the death certificate (previous marriage.) I do have one and it is in Gujarati (the local language) as well as English (single document, two languages.) My question is, do I need to get this document translated? If yes, can just anybody do it or do I need to get it done through a certified agency (apparently there are such things.) Also, does the document need to be accompanied by a statement/certificate signed by the translator? Your help is very much appreciated

Timeline
9 hours ago, AKN said:

Guys I have a question and hoping for a quick answer here. A bit of context first. I'm an Indian national married to a USC. This is my second marriage; my first husband died in 2011. My USC husband filed for an IR1 in December 2017 and last week we got an RFE asking for the death certificate (previous marriage.) I do have one and it is in Gujarati (the local language) as well as English (single document, two languages.) My question is, do I need to get this document translated? If yes, can just anybody do it or do I need to get it done through a certified agency (apparently there are such things.) Also, does the document need to be accompanied by a statement/certificate signed by the translator? Your help is very much appreciated

Just to be safe and 100% sure to not get any delays I'd get it translated at the certified translator.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.