Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I went to an infopass apt today: I was told over the phone that if I am approved whilst traveling I would struggle re entering the country without the new card. However the gentleman at the appointment said I was fine. Nothing to worry about.

He went ahead and did a check on my case, he said it's going to be any day now for a decision because it has been processed and pending final approval or something on the lines of that. 

I am a Dec 4th flier and EAC18065 at VSC. I did not apply for N400 yet.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

emerlee85- [1] Did you get your -551 stamp and how long?

[2] Since the officer said your case had been processed and waiting for final approval, did you see that update when you went online to check your case status? Mine saysimage.png.4819af9a9d752560b7b1b2ce255d1f00.png

Edited by dilip

26 minutes ago, dilip said:

emerlee85- [1] Did you get your -551 stamp and how long?

[2] Since the officer said your case had been processed and waiting for final approval, did you see that update when you went online to check your case status? Mine saysimage.png.4819af9a9d752560b7b1b2ce255d1f00.png

I did not get the stamp. He said the extension letter can still be used. I was told via the phone that if I am approved whilst out of the country I can't use my letter now and need a stamp but he said that was not the case.

Online it says the same thing - no updates made to my online account but he listed off different things. I assume they have status updates in their system that we do not see

11 hours ago, Amhara said:

Interesting, my husband's N-400 case status says "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" after he had his biometrics appointment.  Same scenario, different messages. Interesting.

I had the same thing , under https://www.uscis.gov/ you will find this message "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"  and under https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ you will find this "we reviewed your biometrics"

Timeline

emerlee85- If you have expired green card and original 18 months extension letter ( thick paper with watermark, like the one year extension), you will be fine to travel.  I did not get 18 months original extension letter after requesting two times and took an infopass and got passport stamp.

42 minutes ago, dilip said:

emerlee85- If you have expired green card and original 18 months extension letter ( thick paper with watermark, like the one year extension), you will be fine to travel.  I did not get 18 months original extension letter after requesting two times and took an infopass and got passport stamp.

Yes - my worry was what happens if I am out of the country if approved. However the women on the phone got me worried about nothing. Better safe that sorry I guess.

I hope approvals start coming in soon for people

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, torres10 said:

Check your documents tab , maybe they put a letter/notice.

I did n nothing change crossing finger for some goodnews 

37 minutes ago, torres10 said:

Check your documents tab , maybe they put a letter/notice.

Where is this documents tab? Just out of interest

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, 

For the ones that applied to the N-400, can somebody please share the checklist of the documents that were sent? 

Not sure If I have to sent an entire bulk like I did it in my ROC. 

I am still trying to decide If I apply online or do the normal file to mail it.

Thanks in advance! 

M. 

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

Maritah- go to N-400 discussion and you will find tons of information. J  File online, it is easy and you will get your NOA quickly and bio.  Document needed are much less than ROC.

1 hour ago, emerlee85 said:

Where is this documents tab? Just out of interest

I just attached a screen shot for you to look at. If you have submitted your N-400 online , you should be able to see it. 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, brien0512 said:

I did n nothing change crossing finger for some goodnews 

Good luck ! let us know :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
50 minutes ago, dilip said:

Maritah- go to N-400 discussion and you will find tons of information. J  File online, it is easy and you will get your NOA quickly and bio.  Document needed are much less than ROC.

Hi @dilip

I did that, but people list different documents or anothers  said that they sent the same paperwork of the ROC just updated.

It's because of that that I decided ask here because after read the USCIS page about the N-400 requirements and checklist,  then I checked the N-400 discussions here in VJ and people's checklists are kinda confusing, mostly in the part about sending again 3 years of bank statements, all the leases that they signed since they got married, insurance, etc,  like the ROC checklist. 

Thanks for your reply. 

Regards.

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.