Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, brien0512 said:

So heres my question? I heard uscis sending material for u to study before the interview so im wondering when their going to send or is it true their sending it or u just have to go to their website to study it?

I received my little study booklet at my biometrics the other day. But there's materials online to study as well. Their booklet has more info in it than just the questions and answers.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, racheal&david said:

I received my little study booklet at my biometrics the other day. But there's materials online to study as well. Their booklet has more info in it than just the questions and answers.

Oh so they gave it to u when u had ur biometric? That is so cool thanks for the info

3 minutes ago, brien0512 said:

Oh so they gave it to u when u had ur biometric? That is so cool thanks for the info

Yep. All the naturalization applicants were getting them 😀 

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

1 hour ago, aionescu said:

I called USCIS on Jan 14 to precisely ask about this. They told me that they will actually stop processing the N-400 until the conditions are removed, as the condition removal was a requirement for the naturalization. I filed the N-400 on Dec 15 and had my biometrics on Jan 4. The USCIS employee said that my case looked like it was still being processed and that there were 2 options: they would either put me on the scheduling queue for the interview (which is most common), or they could schedule my interview even before my conditions would be removed, but I couldn't have my oath ceremony before the conditions are removed.

I called USCIS customer service several times for different things, and to be honest, I don’t have a feeling they know more than the documents I usually find on USCIS (I usually read everything, including any article which is behind any rule concerning my cases). They always reply generally and within information that are already available on their website, so they can cover themselves. 

Practice (that I have read from people here on VJ) shows that either: 

- they process N400, give interview and put it on stand by, and they can wait for I751 to be processed. It is logical that N400 can’t be approved over non-approved I751. It is still unclear to me how they can do anything about N400 before I751 is approved. It means someone is wasting their time working on N400, cos if I751 is NOT approved for any reason, N400 becomes invalid too.

- they work on I751 and N400 together and approve I751 then N400 and interview and finish it all together , without giving any notice about I751 on “case status” on their website. You can have interview and be approved and have an oath and still be without any notice about I751.

- my favorites: people who have pending I751, apply for N400, and they have scheduled interview in 2 months. :) 

One thing is sure, that you can’t be sure about anything about those cases. 😆

Filed: Timeline

March 2018 case was transferred to a local office. 

Jan 18 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction. And a letter was mailed. 

Does anyone have any idea what this means? 

09/03/15 - AOS mailed to Chicago

10/05/15 - RFE recvd

10/07/15 - Biometrics done, RFE sent

10/13/15 - Online status changed RFE under review

10/15/15 - 2nd RFE issued and mailed

11/18/15 - RFE response sent

12/03/15 - i765 Approved

12/10/15 - EAD recvd

12/17/15 - Interview is scheduled on Jan 21

01/21/16 - Approved/Card in production

01/28/16 - GC recvd

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
5 minutes ago, hmz said:

March 2018 case was transferred to a local office. 

Jan 18 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction. And a letter was mailed. 

Does anyone have any idea what this means? 

I think it's either Nebraska or somewhere else.. what's your WAC?

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Filed: Timeline
46 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

I think it's either Nebraska or somewhere else.. what's your WAC?

WAC1807xx. 

Any meaning to it? 

09/03/15 - AOS mailed to Chicago

10/05/15 - RFE recvd

10/07/15 - Biometrics done, RFE sent

10/13/15 - Online status changed RFE under review

10/15/15 - 2nd RFE issued and mailed

11/18/15 - RFE response sent

12/03/15 - i765 Approved

12/10/15 - EAD recvd

12/17/15 - Interview is scheduled on Jan 21

01/21/16 - Approved/Card in production

01/28/16 - GC recvd

Hi everyone! I am December 2017 filler, I have been reading this topic for a while, but barely decided to register. 

My case was accepted on Dec,28,2017, but for some reason my WAC fits more to middle of January fillers since the number is WAC18089*.. I wonder why would they do it to me :( 

Anyway, I went ahead and applied for citizenship, took biometrics last week (btw, never did for ROC). My account shows estimated time for N400 is 13 months, but while taking biometrics, I was told it takes 3-5 months to get citizenship in my local office..

well, good luck and lots of patience to everyone :) 

52 minutes ago, Markeee said:

Hi everyone! I am December 2017 filler, I have been reading this topic for a while, but barely decided to register. 

My case was accepted on Dec,28,2017, but for some reason my WAC fits more to middle of January fillers since the number is WAC18089*.. I wonder why would they do it to me :( 

Anyway, I went ahead and applied for citizenship, took biometrics last week (btw, never did for ROC). My account shows estimated time for N400 is 13 months, but while taking biometrics, I was told it takes 3-5 months to get citizenship in my local office..

well, good luck and lots of patience to everyone :) 

It says your office is El Paso TX, and the processing time is 11.5 months  minimum for N400,  they told you 3-5 months? That sounds good :)

Hello everyone! I’be been following this forum for a while and it’s been really helpful. I’ve been reading threads and I’ve seen some approvals and transfers from November 2017 and couple from Dec 2017 but then I saw January 2018 thread and I saw more approvals in it then December 2017. I know they’re approving cases randomly but it’s a lil strange how they’re approving January already when December folks are waiting. 

My timeline 

i751 NOA 12/26/2017 CSC

Biometrics waived for i751 

N400 12/29/2018 Online 

Biometrics 01/18/2019

1 minute ago, PP1991 said:

Hello everyone! I’be been following this forum for a while and it’s been really helpful. I’ve been reading threads and I’ve seen some approvals and transfers from November 2017 and couple from Dec 2017 but then I saw January 2018 thread and I saw more approvals in it then December 2017. I know they’re approving cases randomly but it’s a lil strange how they’re approving January already when December folks are waiting. 

My timeline 

i751 NOA 12/26/2017 CSC

Biometrics waived for i751 

N400 12/29/2018 Online 

Biometrics 01/18/2019

Hi! Looks like we are on the same boat. My timeline for ROC and N400 are almost like yours, only with couple days of difference. What’s your first digits of WAC? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Markeee said:

Hi! Looks like we are on the same boat. My timeline for ROC and N400 are almost like yours, only with couple days of difference. What’s your first digits of WAC? 

Everyone is some how bemused about the approval patterns as we speak.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.