Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, Amhara said:

If you apply for ROC in Dec 2018, your NOA that you rec' in Dec '18 or Jan '19 will be your extension letter.  I believe USCIS updated the extension letter to 18 months from your GC date.  If they have, then that letter would say your GC is current through Sept '20.

The extension letter everyone was speaking about months after filing was when USCIS decided to adjust the waiting time to 18 months due to the backlog, and prevent a whole slew of us from having to make an InfoPass appointment at the field offices.  You should not be receiving that.

Thank you so much for the info!

That was so helpful, informative and put my mind at ease!

I pray you or your spouse will have a smooth journey with ROC and the citizenship afterwards!

Thanks again!

On 11/13/2018 at 7:01 AM, brien0512 said:

Ill wait till i got my US passport then ill shred it lol

aite i'll do it once i get my ten years, my K1 chat logs are huge and YEAP I BROUGHT THE WHOLE K1 TO US HAHA, its taking alot of bookspace since I have limited bookshelves. 🤣 Just trying to get rid of chat logs and those random stuffs, keeping the application forms and pics.

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are starting the paperwork for citizenship, has anyone else filed? Or are about to file for citizenship? Are you filing online? 

Edited by ANF2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ANF2014 said:

We are starting the paperwork for citizenship, has anyone else filed? Or are about to file for citizenship? Are you filing online? 

Will you share with us what are the requirements ur about to submit?.. thanks in advance im preparing mine but not sure yet what are the papers that we need to submit

Timeline
19 minutes ago, brien0512 said:

Will you share with us what are the requirements ur about to submit?.. thanks in advance im preparing mine but not sure yet what are the papers that we need to submit

I think we're just going to submit the application online, from what I've read on this site and in this thread we're able to file for citizenship within the 90 day window of 3 year residency anniversary. My husband arrived in the States on February 24, 2016... so we're now in that window. I don't think there's anything more we need submit other than maybe our marriage license and copies of his passport showing his date of entry. But I have to do more research before I submit the application. 

10 minutes ago, ANF2014 said:

I think we're just going to submit the application online, from what I've read on this site and in this thread we're able to file for citizenship within the 90 day window of 3 year residency anniversary. My husband arrived in the States on February 24, 2016... so we're now in that window. I don't think there's anything more we need submit other than maybe our marriage license and copies of his passport showing his date of entry. But I have to do more research before I submit the application. 

I work for an immigration firm and we recently ran some tests between paper filing and online filing for the N-400 ---results showed that we were getting responses and more movement quicker on the online side of things. So I'd definitely say that's the better way to go. I'll be doing mine online in less than a month. 

Good luck 🍀 

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, racheal&david said:

I work for an immigration firm and we recently ran some tests between paper filing and online filing for the N-400 ---results showed that we were getting responses and more movement quicker on the online side of things. So I'd definitely say that's the better way to go. I'll be doing mine online in less than a month. 

Good luck 🍀 

Thank you so much, I appreciate your insight! Good luck on your journey as well  ❤️

Timeline

I'm reading through the requirements of filing citizenship through marriage, and everywhere says after 3 years of residence. I don't see anything saying that we can file 90 days or less prior to that date... I just don't want to file to early and have our application denied. Please share where I can find this information. 

33 minutes ago, ANF2014 said:

Make sure you apply within the window.  The 90 day window starts from the third year after GC date AND after marriage date.  

Signature coming soon...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Amhara said:

Make sure you apply within the window.  The 90 day window starts from the third year after GC date AND after marriage date.  

We've been married for 4 years, and his 3 year GC date is end of February 2019. Do I have to wait until end of February 2019 to file? 

38 minutes ago, ANF2014 said:

We've been married for 4 years, and his 3 year GC date is end of February 2019. Do I have to wait until end of February 2019 to file? 

No, you should be within the time frame!  Yay! 😃

Signature coming soon...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Amhara said:

No, you should be within the time frame!  Yay! 😃

So I couldn’t find anywhere on the USCIS website where it says we can file before the official 3 year GC date. I called the customer service number spoke to a representative and supervisor and neither could find where it states we can file prior to 3 years. I’ve decided to wait for this reason... a lot of rules are changing and maybe this is one of them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ANF2014 said:

So I couldn’t find anywhere on the USCIS website where it says we can file before the official 3 year GC date. I called the customer service number spoke to a representative and supervisor and neither could find where it states we can file prior to 3 years. I’ve decided to wait for this reason... a lot of rules are changing and maybe this is one of them.

Thats why im also confused... my husband said i need to wait till my greencard anniversary before we file 

20181130_184517.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.