Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Is there anyone here whose waiting for 10GC and not going to apply for citizenship at the moment due to no dual country? 

Just don't want to be alone haha....

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

On 10/27/2018 at 8:19 AM, Sharad_a1 said:

Hey guys, I filed on 12/06/17. And from the looks of it, most of you have the 18 month extension, I still haven't recieved it. Do I need to press the panick button yet ?

I think you can use the online feature thing when you haven't received a notice?

Signature coming soon...

On 11/1/2018 at 3:50 PM, Roy&Chanel said:

Is there anyone here whose waiting for 10GC and not going to apply for citizenship at the moment due to no dual country? 

Just don't want to be alone haha....

Trying to decide whether to apply or not. If CSC keeps catching up it may only be 3-4 months from now. Looks like August CSC filers are getting approvals according to the timeline tracker. 

2 hours ago, LTGermany said:

Trying to decide whether to apply or not. If CSC keeps catching up it may only be 3-4 months from now. Looks like August CSC filers are getting approvals according to the timeline tracker. 

But if August is being worked now, that is still five months away from when we all filed.  Even with that, it doesn’t mean that we are five months away from being approved because it doesn’t mean that it takes USCIS a month to work a month of volume.

Why do you think it’s only 3-4 months?  We need at least to add two months to your estimate to meet one year of waiting!

Signature coming soon...

Some September and October filers are starting to get case transferred notices. It seems to me like they are speeding up finally. I think all of the people filing for citizenship before their 751 was processed and coming in asking for 551 stamps probably caused a lot of disruption and confusion in the field offices this year and they want to clear the backlog. 

On 11/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, LTGermany said:

Every calendar month, they process around 2-3 weeks worth of cases. The 3-4 months estimate is more of a 5-7 months IMO

Hey guys, sidetrack, just wondering what you guys did with your K1, AOS huge files? was thinking of shredding those stack of papers lol..

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

Hey guys, sidetrack, just wondering what you guys did with your K1, AOS huge files? was thinking of shredding those stack of papers lol..

Ill wait till i got my US passport then ill shred it lol

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The process time went further to be 16-17.5 months in Vermont ....Very disappointed!! 

I think I will go ahead and apply for citizenship !

Edited by Joeissa1206

Timeline
On 2/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, Chiquitabella29 said:

Hi everyone, just an update on my husband's ROC status. We re-scheduled his biometrics as it was scheduled for 1/26 and we were leaving the country on 1/23. I sent a brief letter requesting to reschedule and the reason why we needed to re-schedule, I also sent a copy of the flight itinerary as supporting evidence. After our 3 week vacation in Egypt we came back to find the Biometrics letter in the mail with a new date. He has now completed this part of the ROC process, took maybe 25  mins or so at the ASC.

Now, as it has been stated before, it is all a waiting game. I plan to check every so often on case status just for amusement but we know the process can take up to a year. We also plan to apply for Naturalization in December this year, God willing.

For future reference, and for those who have to go to the Elizabeth, NJ ASC office, I asked if they accept early walk-ins and the answer is: only in case of emergency and with proof in hand. A flight itinerary is not enough evidence. It seems like for this specific ASC office we did the right thing by re-scheduling and not wasting a trip to the office otherwise, we would have been turned back. Please note: other ASC offices are different but I couldn't find any info on early walk-ins for Elizabeth, NJ.

Good luck to those waiting for their biometrics appointments and to those who have been scheduled as well.

Hello, if you don't mind me asking, you, I am trying to plan a visit to my family in April. my green card will expire in March of 2019, that means I have to file in December 2018, what I need to know how soon can I travel? how soon they send the extension for my green card so i can travel aboard and enter the U.S again with no problem.

I am asking you because I am very curious because I saw many people posted through their timeline that they receive the extension within 7 month.
I would appreciate your help. 

Thanks.!

Timeline

I have a question and I hope someone will give me the answer. i will send my paperwork for ROC Dec 2018. the green card will Expire in March 2019, my question do i receive an extension immediately after I file and another one later. or just one extension letter? i tried to read most of the forum here. and could not find an answer, only people talking about the extension letter which comes months after filing, and that to me a bad news, because I was planning to visit my family in April of 2019. but my green card will be expired. 
any help to understand would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dza said:

I have a question and I hope someone will give me the answer. i will send my paperwork for ROC Dec 2018. the green card will Expire in March 2019, my question do i receive an extension immediately after I file and another one later. or just one extension letter? i tried to read most of the forum here. and could not find an answer, only people talking about the extension letter which comes months after filing, and that to me a bad news, because I was planning to visit my family in April of 2019. but my green card will be expired. 
any help to understand would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

If you apply for ROC in Dec 2018, your NOA that you rec' in Dec '18 or Jan '19 will be your extension letter.  I believe USCIS updated the extension letter to 18 months from your GC date.  If they have, then that letter would say your GC is current through Sept '20.

The extension letter everyone was speaking about months after filing was when USCIS decided to adjust the waiting time to 18 months due to the backlog, and prevent a whole slew of us from having to make an InfoPass appointment at the field offices.  You should not be receiving that.

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.