Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LTGermany said:

We got this exact email also. But we also received a response to our service request about the missing 18 month extension letter on that day, so we assumed that was why. What is worrying is that when we login into the account, we don't see any history regarding the request even though other people who did the same request have it in their history. We also never received the letter even though they wrote that they would mail another one. 

I have not received my 18 month extension yet - Should I be calling to ask for it to be resent?

21 hours ago, Roy&Chanel said:

yeap I believe they touched both our cases. No updates on both dhs website and the old uscis website, at least they picked up our cases and not went Missing in the pile!!!!!

I have the notifications on with emails updating me all the time, it always says no actions were taken till recent.

19 hours ago, Amhara said:

Well, given the fact that I am obsessed with my husband's immigration process and the recent possible 'touches' from cases on our thread, I did some poking around.  I was rather encouraged!  I see that some as late as on the July 2017 and August 2017 have been approved!  That's good news for us!  I don't see a September 2017 thread, but if some that filed in August are being approved, then some of our cases may see some action in early 2019. 😆

That's still a while away, but it will be nice when we can dust off our old Dec '17 ROC Case Tracker again!

Oh wow, this is exciting news! I didn't think much of the email I received, only because I am now programmed to expect meaningless communications from USCIS.... lol

Hopefully more of us in this thread start receiving similar emails 😃

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

On 10/15/2018 at 1:14 AM, Amhara said:

Well, given the fact that I am obsessed with my husband's immigration process and the recent possible 'touches' from cases on our thread, I did some poking around.  I was rather encouraged!  I see that some as late as on the July 2017 and August 2017 have been approved!  That's good news for us!  I don't see a September 2017 thread, but if some that filed in August are being approved, then some of our cases may see some action in early 2019. 😆

That's still a while away, but it will be nice when we can dust off our old Dec '17 ROC Case Tracker again!

I'm expecting probably sometime around March/April 2019 we'll get our approvals. :thumbs:

2 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

I'm expecting probably sometime around March/April 2019 we'll get our approvals. :thumbs:

I agree.  At least for the VSC filers!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Amhara said:

This is great news as my calls and emails (that they asked me to send) never got any real reply...so hopefully I get an updated notice soon!

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Hey all Dec. 2017 filers.

Quick update,

• Last week, I received another copy of 18 months extension letter from VT Center that looked more official, not a plan monochrome print. It was an exact same copy of the previously mailed 18 months extension notice.
  • USCIS status tracking is somewhat accurate; USCIS website states that current case processing date is June 2017 at VT center, therefore, VJ June & July 2017 fillers are reporting the approval notices. See below link, if you want to feel better.
  • Quick note - Starting Nov 2018 we all become eligible to apply N-400 application as long as the applicant meets the criteria requirements such as no major criminal records, no tax issues etc... 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tar999 said:

Did anyone else get an updated extension letter even if they already had an 18 month one?

I got one initially that was on plain paper and was a courtesy notice saying my letter was sent to my lawyer. I don't have a lawyer, seems a lot of people got similar letters.

Someone posted a few days ago that they released a press release saying it was an error and they are sending out new ones. The one I got today is the new one. There is an explanation ontop.

Was your original 18 month letter right or?

Here is the link to the press release.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-reissues-receipt-notices-extensions-conditional-permanent-resident-status

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

8 minutes ago, brentos said:

I got one initially that was on plain paper and was a courtesy notice saying my letter was sent to my lawyer. I don't have a lawyer, seems a lot of people got similar letters.

Someone posted a few days ago that they released a press release saying it was an error and they are sending out new ones. The one I got today is the new one. There is an explanation ontop.

Was your original 18 month letter right or?

Here is the link to the press release.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-reissues-receipt-notices-extensions-conditional-permanent-resident-status

Yes my original extension letter was for 18 months and it was not the 'white' copy.  Thanks for the clarification.

Today marks 60 more days until we file for the last step: N-400 and only 25 more days until our third anniversary.

I gotta say, I am looking forward to both!  As a tip I would like to share, we will be submitting the Form 4506-T from the IRS to get our tax transcripts.  I think submitting proof of tax transcripts is better evidence than showing the tax return because this verifies with the governmental agency of what they have on file.  I think it's just a better level and I think with this level of scrutiny, it's best to strive for the best quality of evidence.

As a note, most people will be able to get tax transcripts online, but there are some cases, such as a fraud indicator (where the IRS sends you that six digit number each December to e-file your tax return) where you might not be able to get it.  I say all that to say: Plan early and be ready!

Signature coming soon...

8 hours ago, Amhara said:

Today marks 60 more days until we file for the last step: N-400 and only 25 more days until our third anniversary.

I gotta say, I am looking forward to both!  As a tip I would like to share, we will be submitting the Form 4506-T from the IRS to get our tax transcripts.  I think submitting proof of tax transcripts is better evidence than showing the tax return because this verifies with the governmental agency of what they have on file.  I think it's just a better level and I think with this level of scrutiny, it's best to strive for the best quality of evidence.

As a note, most people will be able to get tax transcripts online, but there are some cases, such as a fraud indicator (where the IRS sends you that six digit number each December to e-file your tax return) where you might not be able to get it.  I say all that to say: Plan early and be ready!

Hi @Amhara thanks for the tip! That’s a great idea. Just wondering - are you planning to file electronically or paper? 

Thanks! 

Frances 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I have a question.

i file i-751 wavier in December 201 before our two year anniversary while pending divorce paper. We married October 10, 2015 and we divorced in October 5 2018. We have two kids in this marriage.

am i eligible to apply for citizenship?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.