Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Today I received my I-797 Notice of Action "Your conditional resident status is extended for 18 months from the expiration date on your Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card).....from Vermont.

Now when  can i start my application for citizenship? 

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Chiquitabella29 said:

Hi everyone, hubby received is 18-month extension letter as well. Came from VSC, this is the most movement we've seen since biometrics in February.

Im really considering filling for naturalization in December, I'm just not 100% sure how accurate it is that they join cases. I have also heard on the news,  the Naturalization process is taking well over the usual 6 months. @AmharaI know you do research on other forums, have you been able to gather any info on  Removing conditions + Naturalization merging of cases? 

that's a great question... i am in the same dilemma

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I ended up neglecting the forum after getting settled down here and hadn't updated anything. I ended up sending off my forms after my GC expired December 4, '17 (so less than a week). It had been returned once from USPS for not having enough postage (we used the automated machine and it screwed up I guess, and in this process got coated in some oil or some random stinky fluid) and then came back again via UPS due to the original documents being smelly/damp. We got it sent off via USPS with an actual teller after it came back the second time after reprinting everything. It was received on December 11, '17 and I had my biometrics appt in January '18. Received my 12 month extension in March or April and then received my 18 month extension last week. There was also receipt saying my case was transferred to my local (Louisville) office in April. I know the latter part doesn't really mean much in this regard to the whole process

Hopefully they pick up the slack, as I may possibly need a 24 month extension by how late they are running.

Good luck to everyone during this excruciating waiting game.

Edited by jamm6512
Finishing my thoughts

Hello,

I filed in December 2017 with the California office and today, I received mail dated August 7 requesting for more evidence. I have until Aug 24th to submit the evidence. Wondering whether people have started receiving movement on their application.They want ALL of this evidence:

1. Communal Mingling
    1. Lease Agreements or Mortgage in both spouses name
    2. If joint lease or mortgage not possible, letter from landlord
    3. Copies of power, gas, electric, phone, internet and other utilities
    4. Auto registrations showing joint ownership
    5. Letters from friends and family addreesssed o either spouse and mailed to address befor ewe were living together
    6. Letters between couple before marriage including postmarked envelope
  2. Joint Financial Statements
    1. If you have a bank, financial account, provide opening records including application
    2. Evidence that spouse has benefiary on retirement account
    3. Other investment accounts (stocks,
  3. Joint Responsibility for Financial Liability and welfare
    1. Joiny income or tax returns
    2.  Credit card stamenents incluing names of sposes
    3. Loans or credit lines for an automobile or major purchase
    4. Wire transfers, bank or checks
    5. Evidence that the spouse has other has a beneficiary
    6. Other insurance statements for auto, life, home
    7. Letter from employer showing designation of spouse as person to be contacted in event of an accident
    8. Wills, trusts or power of attorney, naming both spouses
  4. Shared Activities and Relationships
    1. Evidence of trips
    2. Evidence of correspondence btn spouses
    3. Receipts from gifts that you bought for one another
    4. Wedding related expenses
    5. Other expenses for wedding such as invitation, weeding sign in book
    6. Birth certificates of children born into relationship or medica records
    7. Photographs from both spouses

I don't have some of the evidence that they are requesting. I can't believe I was given only 2 weeks to put this together. Anyway just to let you know that the standard 30-87 days is not the standard.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, lizette1121622 said:

Hello,

I filed in December 2017 with the California office and today, I received mail dated August 7 requesting for more evidence. I have until Aug 24th to submit the evidence. Wondering whether people have started receiving movement on their application.They want ALL of this evidence:

1. Communal Mingling
    5. Letters from friends and family addreesssed o either spouse and mailed to address befor ewe were living together
    1. If you have a bank, financial account, provide opening records including application
    7. Letter from employer showing designation of spouse as person to be contacted in event of an accident
    1. Evidence of trips

I don't have some of the evidence that they are requesting. I can't believe I was given only 2 weeks to put this together. Anyway just to let you know that the standard 30-87 days is not the standard.

I also filed in December 2017 CSC and my last update from them was that my case was transferred blah blah blah... This is the most movement I believe all CSC December 2017 filers have seen. What evidence did you send initially? I think you just need to send one or two documents in each category they asked for. I only got the same 12month extension letter as everyone got... At least it shows they are getting to Our cases.

28 minutes ago, addy&julie said:

I also filed in December 2017 CSC and my last update from them was that my case was transferred blah blah blah... This is the most movement I believe all CSC December 2017 filers have seen. What evidence did you send initially? I think you just need to send one or two documents in each category they asked for. I only got the same 12month extension letter as everyone got... At least it shows they are getting to Our cases.

I sent the following documents:

1. Copy of Marriage Certificate
  2. Apartment rental agreement - just moved 
  3. Joint tax statements for two years (2014-2017)
  4. Copies of recent statements from our joint checking and savings accounts (2015-2017)
  5. Life Insurance Policy with me as designated beneficiary
  6.  Health Insurance Policy
  7. Gas Utility bills (2015-2016); 
  8. Cable and phone Utility bills(2015-2017)
  9. Power Utility Bills(2015-2016)
  10. Home renter’s insurance Policy Previous residence
  11. Bank of America Joint Financial Statements (2015-2017)
  12. Photographs from a family and vacation (10 pictures)
  13. Three sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and

marriage. 

I also submitted AR form cos we were moving

Edited by lizette1121622

2 minutes ago, lizette1121622 said:

I sent the following documents:

1. Copy of Marriage Certificate
  2. Apartment rental agreement - just moved 
  3. Joint tax statements for two years (2014-2016)
  4. Copies of recent statements from our joint checking and savings accounts
  5. Life Insurance Policy with me as designated beneficiary
  6.  Health Insurance Policy
  7. Gas Utility bills
  8. Cable and phone Utility bills
  9. AR Change of Address because we were moving

WOOOOW!  You seriously received an RFE?  That’s good and bad news!  Good news that your case was touched, but geez!  You sent in good evidence and they still want more!  And in two weeks!  

I don’t think they want one of each item listed, but maybe one of the items from the main subheading.  Please be aggressive with your response.  I would include this list as a cover/index page and address each one with a page if you don’t have it.  Have both of you sign each page of explanation even.  If you already provided it, make sure you indicate that in your response.  Sound rude in your tone.  “Previously provided” or “Evidence included in initial petition.  Duplicate not required and not being submitted a subsequent time.”  Maybe a photo copy of what you sent, but that’s it.  

The comuninal mingling seems addressed in your first submission.  They really want envelopes of the letters you two mailed between each other before the marriage??  Really?  Substitute with prior contracts.  Old emails, when you two became friends on Facebook, something of that nature.

Joint financial statements.  Ask the bank if they have any evidence of when you opened the bank account.  They should have signature cards to compare any checks you sign before approving the check to clear.  They may want to see the month prior to the joint status.  Did you open the account new together or add spouse to current account?

Joint responsibilities.  Well, the tax return should be the best bet.  But, they want more.  Is there any way for you to prepare a comparison analysis of what the health insurance would be if spouse was not on your policy?  How much more money are you spending?  Are both paychecks being deposited into the same account?  Share any credit cards?  Renters insurance?  Car insurance?  Any way to get an analysis of how much it would be without spouse on the property insurance?

Shared activities.  Yeesh.  This one is terrible.  Really?  Does taking the dog for a walk count?  Receipts of gifts?  🤦‍♀️  Any cell phone bills with a record of texts you two exchanged?  Phone bill with the calls you two have?  Photos shared on social media?  Any photos you shared with friends of each other?  (Screenshot it) Any group dinner where someone wants a group photo?  With this one, get personal and tell the USCUS how you two spend time together and show each other appreciation.  Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?  Movies?  Any debit card transactions that might show dinners?  Preferably with both cards used at different times.

I hope this helps a little bit, but fight that RFE like you have a croc in the water!!!  Don’t slip, the USCIS might be sniffing potential fraud in your case.  

Signature coming soon...

Oh, and get your 2017 tax return filed already!!  You have only until October, but if you don’t have that done, then that will be a bad mark.  If you have it, send it.

Signature coming soon...

13 hours ago, Chiquitabella29 said:

Hi everyone, hubby received is 18-month extension letter as well. Came from VSC, this is the most movement we've seen since biometrics in February.

Im really considering filling for naturalization in December, I'm just not 100% sure how accurate it is that they join cases. I have also heard on the news,  the Naturalization process is taking well over the usual 6 months. @AmharaI know you do research on other forums, have you been able to gather any info on  Removing conditions + Naturalization merging of cases? 

Hi!  Yes, they are supposed to merge ROC + USC petitions when you file for naturalization.  Check out the January 2017 thread where some are waiting for their ROC to clear, but filed for naturalization, and waiting in line for an interview.

When the USCIS gets the Naturalization petition, they are supposed to send your ROC to NBC, or National Benefits Center, where it waits until your interview is scheduled.  Then they send the package to the field office.  Others have said that a second teir rep was able to confirm if their petition was transferred to NBC, but their case status didn’t reflect this change.

If naturalization petitions are taking 6+ months and ROCs are taking 18+ months (even VSC has been taking longer, it seems) then when we file in December 2018 for citizenship, the USC will get approved around the same time.  Let’s see what happens in the next 5 months! 

Signature coming soon...

9 minutes ago, Amhara said:

WOOOOW!  You seriously received an RFE?  That’s good and bad news!  Good news that your case was touched, but geez!  You sent in good evidence and they still want more!  And in two weeks!  

I don’t think they want one of each item listed, but maybe one of the items from the main subheading.  Please be aggressive with your response.  I would include this list as a cover/index page and address each one with a page if you don’t have it.  Have both of you sign each page of explanation even.  If you already provided it, make sure you indicate that in your response.  Sound rude in your tone.  “Previously provided” or “Evidence included in initial petition.  Duplicate not required and not being submitted a subsequent time.”  Maybe a photo copy of what you sent, but that’s it.  

The comuninal mingling seems addressed in your first submission.  They really want envelopes of the letters you two mailed between each other before the marriage??  Really?  Substitute with prior contracts.  Old emails, when you two became friends on Facebook, something of that nature.

Joint financial statements.  Ask the bank if they have any evidence of when you opened the bank account.  They should have signature cards to compare any checks you sign before approving the check to clear.  They may want to see the month prior to the joint status.  Did you open the account new together or add spouse to current account?

Joint responsibilities.  Well, the tax return should be the best bet.  But, they want more.  Is there any way for you to prepare a comparison analysis of what the health insurance would be if spouse was not on your policy?  How much more money are you spending?  Are both paychecks being deposited into the same account?  Share any credit cards?  Renters insurance?  Car insurance?  Any way to get an analysis of how much it would be without spouse on the property insurance?

Shared activities.  Yeesh.  This one is terrible.  Really?  Does taking the dog for a walk count?  Receipts of gifts?  🤦‍♀️  Any cell phone bills with a record of texts you two exchanged?  Phone bill with the calls you two have?  Photos shared on social media?  Any photos you shared with friends of each other?  (Screenshot it) Any group dinner where someone wants a group photo?  With this one, get personal and tell the USCUS how you two spend time together and show each other appreciation.  Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?  Movies?  Any debit card transactions that might show dinners?  Preferably with both cards used at different times.

I hope this helps a little bit, but fight that RFE like you have a croc in the water!!!  Don’t slip, the USCIS might be sniffing potential fraud in your case.  

Thank you! You can imagine my horror when I saw the 3 page list. The letter was so random not like the RFEs I have seen. I am gonna focus on collecting as much evidence requested as I can. I have most of the shared activities hands down. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
8 hours ago, Amhara said:

Hi!  Yes, they are supposed to merge ROC + USC petitions when you file for naturalization.  Check out the January 2017 thread where some are waiting for their ROC to clear, but filed for naturalization, and waiting in line for an interview.

When the USCIS gets the Naturalization petition, they are supposed to send your ROC to NBC, or National Benefits Center, where it waits until your interview is scheduled.  Then they send the package to the field office.  Others have said that a second teir rep was able to confirm if their petition was transferred to NBC, but their case status didn’t reflect this change.

If naturalization petitions are taking 6+ months and ROCs are taking 18+ months (even VSC has been taking longer, it seems) then when we file in December 2018 for citizenship, the USC will get approved around the same time.  Let’s see what happens in the next 5 months! 

this is so helpful! thank you so much

Heya all... just checking in.

We're CSC and nothing, I mean NOTHING has happened with our case since we went for Biometrics on December 28. I see several of you got a notice that your case was transferred to a local office. That never happened to us. Should I be concerned? :/

Service Center : Texas Service Center          AOS begins!                                                                                            ROC Time!

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada (He is a German, but has been living in Canada for the last 5 years)

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-21                           Packet sent: 2015-06-22                                                                          Packet sent: 2017-11-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-29                        NOA1 for I-485 and EAD: 2015-07-02                                                 Receipt notice: 2017-12-04

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-03                       Biometrics Appt: 2015-07-28                                                                  Biometrics: 2017-12-28

NVC Received:No notice. Case # 2014-02-18    RFE: 2015-07-21 (RFE on I-485)                                              Approved w/o Interview: 2019-1-17

NVC Left : 2015-02-24                             RFE returned: 2015-07-29                                                                         Recieved: 2019-1-24

Consulate Received : 2015-02-26           Response received: 2015-08-03

Interview Date : 2015-04-15                   EAD Approved: 2015-09-04

Interview Result : APPROVED!! :D  EAD card Received: 2015-09-11

Visa Received : 2015-04-21                      Card Production Ordered: 2015-12-10 (No Interview! :D )

US Entry : 2015-04-23

Marriage : 2015-05-09

german_american_flags.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, lizette1121622 said:

Thank you! You can imagine my horror when I saw the 3 page list. The letter was so random not like the RFEs I have seen. I am gonna focus on collecting as much evidence requested as I can. I have most of the shared activities hands down. 

yes. better to collect as much as you can. I am surprised. I would say they rather interview you instead of this RFE. that would be convenient.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

18 hours ago, lizette1121622 said:

Hello,

1. Communal Mingling
    1. Evidence of trips

I am shocked it was a CSC filer who was the first Dec filer to get some serious action! Maybe it has been sent in error....according to the timelines you shouldn't be expecting any movement on your case for months and months....

Treat it as 100% legitimate however, and really focus on submitting quality evidence....even though you covered many bases in your initial application, maybe you didn't provide enough evidence...for example, a few bank statements instead of all of them or maybe a joint bank account was only opened a short time before you submitted your application .Not everyone sends in every bank statement, but if other evidence is weak, this is an easy one to fix.

You should now have more records to be able to submit a quality reply to the RFE.

Good luck!

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.