Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline

I havent got my extension letter and I just moved address this weekend... that makes me uneasy 

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

5 hours ago, xillini said:

Well, a good thing is DACA will have its critical moment by US Court District in Texas within 2-3 weeks

Unlike DACA cases in CA or NY, where it has liberal practices of immigration laws, this time it is TX, where many experts predicts DACA will be suspended or even revoked. 

BTW, this is what Trump called "judge shopping", where they bring the case to US court district where they think it best represent their best values. For instance, liberal immigration organization brought the case to Hawaii or California when it came to Trump's anti-muslim travel executive order in early 2017. Likewise, during Obama's term, anti-immigration groups brought the case such as DAPA(Deferred Action for Parents of Americans: AKA, an illegal aliens who has US citizen children) to Texas and STEM OPT administrative malpractice by Obama's government cases to Louisiana, resulting in nullifying DAPA and giving a hard time for STEM OPT processes. 

Because U.S. has a very unique legal system, where federal court in one state can override other states, this kind of judge shopping can take place (that says yes, it is true U.S. is the land of opportunity and freedom

The realistic outcome of Texas court district decision within a couple of weeks on DACA will be it will revoke DACA program, or at least suspend DACA, and since pro-immigration groups can never agree with DACA's suspension, it will probably appeal and bring the case to US Supreme Court (SCOTUS), but whatever the outcome is, it is highly likely that CSC and VSC can focus on processing I 751 if all DACA applications are on hold or just suspended. (Again, it is my speculation that even if DACA case is gone into SCOTUS, the chance that DACA is legally proven to be okay is slim, considering SCOTUS has 5 conservative judges). 

Depending on how Texas court district verdicts, it may allow partial suspension (such as USCIS still allowed to renew DACA EAD, or Trump administration was given discretion, in which case the chance is it will just cancel DACA regardless of DACA application is renewing DACA EAD, or reviewing new DACA EAD), or it may order total revoke on DACA program (which I think it is unlikely). 

We shall see soon, whatever it is, I don't think it hurts to I 751 filers. 

I feel sympathetic for DACA, but I dont think it fair if DACA, which has shady ground for legal basis under immigration laws, is given priority than other legal immigration cases. If anything, I 751 should be given priority to USCIS officers' desk than I 861D (DACA application).

I think the opposite. We are already legal immigrants. Nothing really prevent us living and working here as long as we obey the law. Unlike DACA filers, their status are really murky right now, and they can be deported if they fall out of status. As for whether they should be staying in this country, that is another topic. But in terms of urgency, their cases are in fact more urgent than ours. Again, not that I am not annoyed by the slow processing time by i 751, but i just feel like if it cost me really just a bit waiting to get my 10 years green card for other people, who been brought to this country involuntarily and living here for all their life, avoid the risk of being deported , i wouldn't mind let them cut the queue.

7 hours ago, yippy_j said:

I think the opposite. We are already legal immigrants. Nothing really prevent us living and working here as long as we obey the law. Unlike DACA filers, their status are really murky right now, and they can be deported if they fall out of status. As for whether they should be staying in this country, that is another topic. But in terms of urgency, their cases are in fact more urgent than ours. Again, not that I am not annoyed by the slow processing time by i 751, but i just feel like if it cost me really just a bit waiting to get my 10 years green card for other people, who been brought to this country involuntarily and living here for all their life, avoid the risk of being deported , i wouldn't mind let them cut the queue.

Yes, with all due respect, I have to partially agree with you that DACA is more urgent.

And realistically, that is why USCIS puts more resources into DACA instead of I 751, for instance because of political disputes and hawk eyed watchdog by many organizations. 

However, I don't think taking I 751 for 21 months is not okay with me at all cost. That is just a lot of time than just a little bit uncomfortable. Yes, I can wait for a month or 2 delays, but I would like to remind you just in 3 years ago, it used to be only 6 months, and now it is... as it is. 

To be honest, if I had predicted it would take 21 months, I would have waited to avoid I 751 processes (as I had OPT and was eligible for OPT STEM extension), and timed it so I could have applied to 13 months of our marriage so that by the time when we had AOS, it would be definitely after 24 months of marriage time, and therefore, we would not have to be concerned about I 751. (Not to mention I could have saved more filing fees, times, and stresses)

Obviously, we live in a society, where one's happiness is another's uncomfortablenes, or even unhappiness if not.. There is just no way that everyone is happy. 

I think it really depends on one's world view, and I give you credit if you think everyone can be equally happy, but my heart (emotion) agrees with that, but my brain does not. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, koka111 said:

Hey guys i’m december Filler, on April 9 my uscis status was updated to “CASE WAS RECEIVED AT MY LOCAL OFFICE” anyone knows what this means and am i the only one like this or they are more updates  like mine ? 

Thank you

This means they have received your case and nothing much. USCIS notification system has glitches and may not report the current status of your case. all you can do is wait and watch

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office :California Service Center

Receipt #: WAC18096XXXXX

Date Filed :2018-01-02

NOA Date :2018-01-04

18 month courtesy copy: 2018-08-18

18 month official copy: 2018-10-22

Approval: 2019-02-01

GC received : 2019-02-08

On 7/31/2018 at 4:02 PM, Amhara said:

I heard there was a surge of over 500,000 cases received at the CSC related to DACA, which put that service center behind.  When we filed for the K-1, the CSC approved the petition in just 18 days.  That has to be some sort of record!  At least the CSC was fast when we really needed it to be, so this waiting isn't nearly too bad.

Bad news is that the other threads I have been keeping up with has been putting the VSC at an approval wait time of about 18 months now.  I would think the cases where an abundance of still married evidence exists would be worked rather quickly.  Everyone is already here, so is 18 months really necessary?  Who knows?  Maybe there will be a re-allocation of resources and the service centers will put so many workers on our ROC petitions in the fall and winter and crank out those GC's like crazy!  

It's good to see some of us starting to get the 18 month extension letter!  That was, what, a month ago we saw that on the site?  That gives us about another 10 or 11 months without needing to struggle with an InfoPass.

Unfortunately, I was stuck at TSC during the K-1 process which was a lengthy nightmare.  Now we have this lengthy nightmare... 

13 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

Unfortunately, I was stuck at TSC during the K-1 process which was a lengthy nightmare.  Now we have this lengthy nightmare... 

Those days were insane.  I knew someone from VJ that had a 21-month wait in TSC for the K-1!  At least this wait is tolerable!

Signature coming soon...

On 8/5/2018 at 7:40 PM, CharlieTanger said:

Unfortunaely, I was stuck at TSC during the K-1 process which was a lengthy nightmare.  Now we have this lengthy nightmare... 

10 hours ago, Amhara said:

Those days were insane.  I knew someone from VJ that had a 21-month wait in TSC for the K-1!  At least this wait is tolerable!

I will start getting tetchy around October...I knew I would be fine for the first 6 months....but once it pushes 9 months -  and if its clear that it will drag longer than 12 months I can see myself getting frustrated. 

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

11 minutes ago, Ausa said:

I will start getting tetchy around October...I knew I would be fine for the first 6 months....but once it pushes 9 months -  and if its clear that it will drag longer than 12 months I can see myself getting frustrated. 

Come this November my Congressman will be getting an inquiry me.  I know it may not do much, but pushing a little bit doesn't hurt!  This may be a different situation, but during the K-1 process I inquired with my Congressman and two weeks later got approved - not sure if it was action or coincidence. Sure as heck worth a shot!

20 minutes ago, CharlieTanger said:

Come this November my Congressman will be getting an inquiry me.  I know it may not do much, but pushing a little bit doesn't hurt!  This may be a different situation, but during the K-1 process I inquired with my Congressman and two weeks later got approved - not sure if it was action or coincidence. Sure as heck worth a shot!

I used my Congressman for my replacement green card (I-90) when it was outside of normal processing time and it worked a treat! 

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

On 8/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, CharlieBrown said:

I havent got my extension letter and I just moved address this weekend... that makes me uneasy 

i didnt get mine either, I'm about to move in October. Checked my status online, still as of Feb on the new site, the old site shows they received my I-751 in April 2018 which was supposed to be 3 Jan. I guess they transferred somewhere.

I'll probably make a phone call if I still didnt get any updates.

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I just got in the mail box my extension letter of 18 months from Vermont Service Center. Seems my case wasn't transferred at all. 

Best regards!

M. 

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

3 hours ago, Maritah said:

Hi everybody,

I just got in the mail box my extension letter of 18 months from Vermont Service Center. Seems my case wasn't transferred at all. 

Best regards!

M. 

Was going to post the exact same thing!  Received our 18 month extension from VSC.

Is the 18 months from the expiration of your original Green Card or from the other extension?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi @CharlieTanger

It's 18 months from the expiration date of our green card. 

M. 

event.png

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

3 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

Was going to post the exact same thing!  Received our 18 month extension from VSC.

Is the 18 months from the expiration of your original Green Card or from the other extension?

Was about to ask this too!

Checked my mail today, received my 18 month extension letter!

So I guess our expiration date is now September 2019, am I right?

Same applies to me, Still at Vermont, but hey at least they sent us the extension. That means they are having our cases, at least it haven't gone missing :P 

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.