Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Amhara said:

For more context, the article that sounds scary is: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/changes-to-federal-policies-pave-way-for-sudden-visa-denials-deportation/

And the actual policy is: 2018-06-28-PM-602-0050.1-Guidance-for-Re

I noticed the article didn’t mention that this policy is related to NTA’s.  If anyone gets an NTA, it’s already bad news, now, you can just get deported faster if the petitioner has committed crimes or are suspected of fraud.  The article seems poorly written to me because so many facts about the policy (which should be the topic) are missing.  Why should we have to read the actual policy if there has been an article published on it to completely understand it?  Anyways...

If the article came from cbs news i wont bite it... ill wait till what will going to happend next instead of making myself worried bout this new memo... lets see what will going to happend

Did everyone get their 18 Month Extension Letter. I got a letter that my case was Transferred to California Service Center last month. I believe I am supposed to get another Letter which says my Conditional Green Card has been extended for 18 More Months? Also with the RFE News that is circulating around. Does this mean that If there is a RFE lets say on our I-751 or N-400, USCIS can just deny without any notification? When I fist applied for my Conditional Green Card I had to send the Financial Information twice since they lost the paperwork and also I didn't get the RFE in the first place. This whole RFE thing is very confusing for no reason. Please do share your Individual Experiences to educate others. Thank you!

Actually the policy memo of relevance is: AFM_10_Standards_for_RFEs_and_NOIDs_FINA

However the effective date for it is September 11, 2018, which means that only applications submitted after that are impacted. As December 2017 filers we should not be. 

Edited by DeKi

On 7/20/2018 at 1:26 PM, DeKi said:

Actually the policy memo of relevance is: AFM_10_Standards_for_RFEs_and_NOIDs_FINA

However the effective date for it is September 11, 2018, which means that only applications submitted after that are impacted. As December 2017 filers we should not be. 

This is a direct quote from  the USCIS that I retrieved today:

"Additionally, we will issue new Form I-797 receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents whose Form I-751 or I-829 was still pending as of June 11, 2018. Those Form I-797 receipt notices will also serve as evidence of continued status for 18 months past the expiration date on petitioner’s Permanent Resident Card."

Edited by Daisy.Chain

So are we supposed to get another I-797 Notice of Action with the 18 Month Extension Dates? I only got a Letter Saying that My Case has been Transferred to a New CSC Office 1 Month ago. It also says if I don't receive the Notice by July 18, 2018 I should put in an online request. Has anyone received the 18 Month extension Letter? Please share your experiences. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
6 minutes ago, sam7oak said:

So are we supposed to get another I-797 Notice of Action with the 18 Month Extension Dates? I only got a Letter Saying that My Case has been Transferred to a New CSC Office 1 Month ago. It also says if I don't receive the Notice by July 18, 2018 I should put in an online request. Has anyone received the 18 Month extension Letter? Please share your experiences. Thank you!

I wouldn't worry about it. If you have the current letter which goes for 1 year then you really just twiddle your thumbs for that year and just go get a passport stamp via appointment when that year is coming to a close.

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I started looking into my own case today.  Got a few questions..

Everyone else have 2 EAC numbers? one for i751 and another cri89?

I looked into both:

i751 was received on Apr 9 (and that's all the info)

cri89 was received on dec 19 and sent a receipt of notice describing how they will process the case (I'm guessing that's the biometrics)

and continue waiting...

On 7/24/2018 at 7:22 PM, journadian said:

I started looking into my own case today.  Got a few questions..

Everyone else have 2 EAC numbers? one for i751 and another cri89?

I looked into both:

i751 was received on Apr 9 (and that's all the info)

cri89 was received on dec 19 and sent a receipt of notice describing how they will process the case (I'm guessing that's the biometrics)

and continue waiting...

Yes, I have two numbers as well.  I know that you only use one of those to check your case status.

Can someone explain the reasoning of why we all have two different, yet similar numbers?

Today I received my I-797 Notice of Action "Your conditional resident status is extended for 18 months from the expiration date on your Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card (also known as a Green Card).....

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

On 6/25/2018 at 3:58 PM, CharlieTanger said:

When was your case transfer date via the "My Case Status" on the USCIS website?  I'm just trying to figure out why we didn't receive any formal letter in the mail when our case says it was transferred to our local office back in April...

I didn't either but at my Infopass appointment last week (I went in person to make sure my change of address had been updated correctly) I was told my case had been transferred to the EASTERN center which she said was POTOMAC. The 18 month extension letter I got today came from POTOMAC.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

22 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Hi Everyone.

Check this out. 

https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers

image.png.1510a1215583a842b4c8af832d16a7ca.png

This is all so weird and mind-blowing... just work on the damn case files in a timely manner and these issues wouldn't arise!   ...but, bureaucracy first, of course...

29 minutes ago, CharlieTanger said:

This is all so weird and mind-blowing... just work on the damn case files in a timely manner and these issues wouldn't arise!   ...but, bureaucracy first, of course...

I heard there was a surge of over 500,000 cases received at the CSC related to DACA, which put that service center behind.  When we filed for the K-1, the CSC approved the petition in just 18 days.  That has to be some sort of record!  At least the CSC was fast when we really needed it to be, so this waiting isn't nearly too bad.

Bad news is that the other threads I have been keeping up with has been putting the VSC at an approval wait time of about 18 months now.  I would think the cases where an abundance of still married evidence exists would be worked rather quickly.  Everyone is already here, so is 18 months really necessary?  Who knows?  Maybe there will be a re-allocation of resources and the service centers will put so many workers on our ROC petitions in the fall and winter and crank out those GC's like crazy!  

It's good to see some of us starting to get the 18 month extension letter!  That was, what, a month ago we saw that on the site?  That gives us about another 10 or 11 months without needing to struggle with an InfoPass.

Signature coming soon...

sill nothing from mine, checked status online no letter issued. im kinda waiting for extension letter, cos I intend to travel overseas during Jan - March 

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

15 hours ago, Amhara said:

I heard there was a surge of over 500,000 cases received at the CSC related to DACA, which put that service center behind.  When we filed for the K-1, the CSC approved the petition in just 18 days.  That has to be some sort of record!  At least the CSC was fast when we really needed it to be, so this waiting isn't nearly too bad.

Well, a good thing is DACA will have its critical moment by US Court District in Texas within 2-3 weeks

Unlike DACA cases in CA or NY, where it has liberal practices of immigration laws, this time it is TX, where many experts predicts DACA will be suspended or even revoked. 

BTW, this is what Trump called "judge shopping", where they bring the case to US court district where they think it best represent their best values. For instance, liberal immigration organization brought the case to Hawaii or California when it came to Trump's anti-muslim travel executive order in early 2017. Likewise, during Obama's term, anti-immigration groups brought the case such as DAPA(Deferred Action for Parents of Americans: AKA, an illegal aliens who has US citizen children) to Texas and STEM OPT administrative malpractice by Obama's government cases to Louisiana, resulting in nullifying DAPA and giving a hard time for STEM OPT processes. 

Because U.S. has a very unique legal system, where federal court in one state can override other states, this kind of judge shopping can take place (that says yes, it is true U.S. is the land of opportunity and freedom

The realistic outcome of Texas court district decision within a couple of weeks on DACA will be it will revoke DACA program, or at least suspend DACA, and since pro-immigration groups can never agree with DACA's suspension, it will probably appeal and bring the case to US Supreme Court (SCOTUS), but whatever the outcome is, it is highly likely that CSC and VSC can focus on processing I 751 if all DACA applications are on hold or just suspended. (Again, it is my speculation that even if DACA case is gone into SCOTUS, the chance that DACA is legally proven to be okay is slim, considering SCOTUS has 5 conservative judges). 

Depending on how Texas court district verdicts, it may allow partial suspension (such as USCIS still allowed to renew DACA EAD, or Trump administration was given discretion, in which case the chance is it will just cancel DACA regardless of DACA application is renewing DACA EAD, or reviewing new DACA EAD), or it may order total revoke on DACA program (which I think it is unlikely). 

We shall see soon, whatever it is, I don't think it hurts to I 751 filers. 

I feel sympathetic for DACA, but I dont think it fair if DACA, which has shady ground for legal basis under immigration laws, is given priority than other legal immigration cases. If anything, I 751 should be given priority to USCIS officers' desk than I 861D (DACA application). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.