Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Update: So i just went to the banks, and yeap they will do a federal withheld for a certain amount off your account. Checked with Bank of America, I will have to visit back on Monday morning because the banker needs to ask IRS about it.

As for Chase bank, its definite, so I just need to get my State ID renew and update them my info with extension letter.

We are in the midst of purchasing a new car, scouting for one right now, and we applied for Auto Loans, it seems that it will be much higher of APR if my name is included, and sadly if my husband is the only name on the loan, we are not able to include my name on car title this time. I hope during the interview or if they ask for more information that will be sufficient reason for it. The old car however has both names on it, I added it in on the very last minute, cost me hundreds, we going to sell the old car though.

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

20 hours ago, Amhara said:

No biometrics here.  But 9 more months until the N-400, so it’s all good!

That is good news for you! I just wonder how long I got to wait for mine, cos I am not ready for citizenship since no Dual for me.

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Filed: Timeline

Just checked the other receipt number.. On March 4 the case has been transferred to a local office..

09/03/15 - AOS mailed to Chicago

10/05/15 - RFE recvd

10/07/15 - Biometrics done, RFE sent

10/13/15 - Online status changed RFE under review

10/15/15 - 2nd RFE issued and mailed

11/18/15 - RFE response sent

12/03/15 - i765 Approved

12/10/15 - EAD recvd

12/17/15 - Interview is scheduled on Jan 21

01/21/16 - Approved/Card in production

01/28/16 - GC recvd

11 hours ago, hmz said:

Just checked the other receipt number.. On March 4 the case has been transferred to a local office..

Some people have been getting letters this week that their cases have been transferred to the Nebraska or Texas Service Centers.  I wonder if that will mean anything for us?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just got back from my vacation with my wife and her extension letter. No issue at all with airlines or custom officer. My wife's case is in CSC center and I have not received her biometric letter yet. However, I check the case number on the extension letter online starts with WAC**** and it shows her case is transfered to local office on Feb 24th. I am only worried about the biometric letter right now, it has been 3 months since we filed :( 

On 3/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, SilverWind said:

Just got back from my vacation with my wife and her extension letter. No issue at all with airlines or custom officer. My wife's case is in CSC center and I have not received her biometric letter yet. However, I check the case number on the extension letter online starts with WAC**** and it shows her case is transfered to local office on Feb 24th. I am only worried about the biometric letter right now, it has been 3 months since we filed :( 

hey hey! Welcome home! haha..glad that you did not get any troubles with the customs and checkpoints.

I had some confusion when I was flying out in my country as they have never seen the extension letter.

Don't worry, the latest and last person we see is luckyanna getting biometrics, hopefully someone will update theirs soon if they get them.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

hey hey! Welcome home! haha..glad that you did not get any troubles with the customs and checkpoints.

I had some confusion when I was flying out in my country as they have never seen the extension letter.

Don't worry, the latest and last person we see is luckyanna getting biometrics, hopefully someone will update theirs soon if they get them.

Hey! Thank you. Hope you enjoyed the Lunar New Year there :)

the airline agent did not need my wife's extension letter either. However, when we arrived at the airport here and went to passport kiosk, the machine could not read her green card because it is almost expired. So we went to the custom officer, showed him extension letter and he asked only few questions about what kind of food I brought, then scanned her fingers and that's it. We plan to travel next year and of course we will have to get i-551 stamp, I hope they will not take away her green card because at Korea airport, before we went aboard, they asked her to show her green card along with the passport and boarding pass

2 minutes ago, SilverWind said:

Hey! Thank you. Hope you enjoyed the Lunar New Year there :)

the airline agent did not need my wife's extension letter either. However, when we arrived at the airport here and went to passport kiosk, the machine could not read her green card because it is almost expired. So we went to the custom officer, showed him extension letter and he asked only few questions about what kind of food I brought, then scanned her fingers and that's it. We plan to travel next year and of course we will have to get i-551 stamp, I hope they will not take away her green card because at Korea airport, before we went aboard, they asked her to show her green card along with the passport and boarding pass

Why did they ask to see your wife's green card at the airport in Korea? Was this when you guys were leaving Korea? I'm curious because my wife and I are going to Korea in two weeks, and her green card is expiring the day before we leave. 

Timeline
Just now, mattsgigo said:

Why did they ask to see your wife's green card at the airport in Korea? Was this when you guys were leaving Korea? I'm curious because my wife and I are going to Korea in two weeks, and her green card is expiring the day before we leave. 

We just transitted in Korea, we got the tickets already in Vietnam. At Korea airport, when we showed them the boarding pass and passport to get in the airplane, they asked my wife's green card, I was surprised too because we already hold the tickets in hands. If they need to see the green card is valid, they should check it in the first place in Vietnam before they issued the tickets to us

14 minutes ago, SilverWind said:

We just transitted in Korea, we got the tickets already in Vietnam. At Korea airport, when we showed them the boarding pass and passport to get in the airplane, they asked my wife's green card, I was surprised too because we already hold the tickets in hands. If they need to see the green card is valid, they should check it in the first place in Vietnam before they issued the tickets to us

Hmm...did they give you an option to show either a return flight to Vietnam or green card, or did they only ask to see a green card? The reason I ask this is because I read somewhere that some airlines will ask to show proof of onward travel if you're traveling to a foreign country without an outbound flight from which you are flying to. Which airline did you guys fly with? Sorry for berating you with all these questions, I just want to make sure we're not going to run into any issues on our return trip to the States. TIA 

Edited by mattsgigo

48 minutes ago, mattsgigo said:

Mine was Atlanta>Doha>Singapore, Singapore>Doha>Atlanta. Departing at Doha while transit back to US, they too had no clue with my status, I was being checked thrice on body, and the staff had to seek for manager on my extension letter, they checked if u have valid stay. I had the same issue in Singapore while departing, they had no idea what extension letter is and had to clarify with supervisor. I took Qatar Airways :)  And yeap u just need to show ur passport, greencard, extension letter.

Hope these will help you! 

I declared my food and money when i arrived US, brought some seafood like dried anchovies and shrimps, jams, instant sauces that does not have meat contains, no issues with it.

Yeap the machine don't work for me either, went to kiosk.

Edited by Roy&Chanel

3 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

Mine was Atlanta>Doha>Singapore, Singapore>Doha>Atlanta. Departing at Doha while transit back to US, they too had no clue with my status, I was being checked thrice on body, and the staff had to seek for manager on my extension letter, they checked if u have valid stay. I had the same issue in Singapore while departing, they had no idea what extension letter is and had to clarify with supervisor.

I declared my food and money when i arrived US, brought some seafood like dried anchovies and shrimps, jams, instant sauces that does not have meat contains, no issues with it.

Yeap the machine don't work for me either, went to kiosk.

This is good information to have in advance. We have a layover at NRT in Japan, so I guess we should be ready to explain what the I-797 is, should we be asked. Thank you for sharing your experience!

6 minutes ago, mattsgigo said:

This is good information to have in advance. We have a layover at NRT in Japan, so I guess we should be ready to explain what the I-797 is, should we be asked. Thank you for sharing your experience!

I believe you're taking Delta Airlines? If so, don't worry about it cos Delta staffs definitely know how it works! (husband used to work in airport)

Maybe they'll ask you in NRT and Korea though but regardless you'll be fine, they just need to ask supervisor for clarifications.

Oh btw my parents are going NRT on April 2nd too!!! Heard Sakura blooming in April, enjoy your stay! i'm gonna be so envious! It costs 1.6k to Japan right now, way too ex for me to join.

Edited by Roy&Chanel

3 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

I believe you're taking Delta Airlines? If so, don't worry about it cos Delta staffs definitely know how it works! (husband used to work in airport)

Yes Delta Airlines...good to know that they know their stuff :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.