Appointment date 03/02/18.

At least it's some movement. 😁 

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

4 hours ago, racheal&david said:

Biometrics letter received 02/16/18.

Letter dated 02/09/18.

Appointment date 03/02/18.

At least it's some movement. 😁 

Looking good!!  Will you be filing for USC this year? 

Signature coming soon...

2 hours ago, Amhara said:

Looking good!!  Will you be filing for USC this year? 

Most likely, yes. 😁 finally no more immigration after that!

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

22 hours ago, racheal&david said:

Most likely, yes. 😁 finally no more immigration after that!

Can you actually do this before your permanent green card arrives? That would be awesome! :)

42 minutes ago, DoraS said:

Can you actually do this before your permanent green card arrives? That would be awesome! :)

Yes, you can apply for USC as soon as you are eligible, regardless of your ROC status.  In most cases, the ROC case will need to be approved by the adjudicating officer as they approve your naturalization case.  Just more work for them, but it still reduces the caseload overall.

Signature coming soon...

1 hour ago, Amhara said:

Yes, you can apply for USC as soon as you are eligible, regardless of your ROC status.  In most cases, the ROC case will need to be approved by the adjudicating officer as they approve your naturalization case.  Just more work for them, but it still reduces the caseload overall.

Thanks for your quick reply! Are you planning to file for the USC this year as well?

19 hours ago, DoraS said:

Thanks for your quick reply! Are you planning to file for the USC this year as well?

Most definitely!  December 2018!  By the way CSC is moving, my husband might have his citizenship by the time they are working December 2017 filers!

Signature coming soon...

Hi Everyone!

I sent out my I-751 to the California Service Center on 12/05/2017. I also went to the USCIS field office to get my biometrics (code 3) done on 01/05/2018. Now it's a waiting game for me... Hopefully, I will hear back from them before I file my N-400 in December this year :)

VJName.................Date of I-751........NOA1 Date............Biometrics.........Approved

STMAX........................12/06/17.............12/15/17................01/05/18...............--/--/--

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Any other California Service Center filers got their Bio Metrics Appointment? My Document Receive Date is 12/26/2018. I got my First NOA on 02/09/2018 Notice Date is 02/06/2018 After calling and talking to a Tier 2 officer. How long did you guys wait before calling USCIS about the Bio Metrics Appointment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, samoak7 said:

Any other California Service Center filers got their Bio Metrics Appointment? My Document Receive Date is 12/26/2018. I got my First NOA on 02/09/2018 Notice Date is 02/06/2018 After calling and talking to a Tier 2 officer. How long did you guys wait before calling USCIS about the Bio Metrics Appointment?

We called after 2 weeks then gave us service number then told us to call back after 30 days if we didnt recieve any bio letter... after 35 days no bio so we called back then tier 2 told us it will takes time n just wait for the letter... after 5 days we recieve a letter telling us that it will takes longer due to massive application n al they can give me is my case number so we could check our case online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone, just an update on my husband's ROC status. We re-scheduled his biometrics as it was scheduled for 1/26 and we were leaving the country on 1/23. I sent a brief letter requesting to reschedule and the reason why we needed to re-schedule, I also sent a copy of the flight itinerary as supporting evidence. After our 3 week vacation in Egypt we came back to find the Biometrics letter in the mail with a new date. He has now completed this part of the ROC process, took maybe 25  mins or so at the ASC.

Now, as it has been stated before, it is all a waiting game. I plan to check every so often on case status just for amusement but we know the process can take up to a year. We also plan to apply for Naturalization in December this year, God willing.

For future reference, and for those who have to go to the Elizabeth, NJ ASC office, I asked if they accept early walk-ins and the answer is: only in case of emergency and with proof in hand. A flight itinerary is not enough evidence. It seems like for this specific ASC office we did the right thing by re-scheduling and not wasting a trip to the office otherwise, we would have been turned back. Please note: other ASC offices are different but I couldn't find any info on early walk-ins for Elizabeth, NJ.

Good luck to those waiting for their biometrics appointments and to those who have been scheduled as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

On another note, we just came back from Egypt this past Saturday 2/17. My husband couldn't complete his customs declaration on the machines at JFK  as he got an error message on the machine saying something to the effect that is resident card expires soon. We then had to go see a CBP officer and she asked for the extension letter. So if you are planning to travel soon and come back within the expiration date, still plan on taking the extension letter with you.

Another issue my husband had was to go through secondary clearance at CBP, this is the 2nd time it happens (first time was coming back from the Dominican Republic). Apparently, his name is very common and they need a second verification before letting him into the US. All good though, we have never had to wait more than 20 minutes and I must say, the CBP officer at secondary was very polite.

All in all, everyone (at Egypt airport and in the CBP area at JFK) knew what to do with the extension letter, so hopefully, no one has issues with future travel.

16 hours ago, samoak7 said:

I've waited 30 days and called and then put in a request ...Still waiting !!

28 minutes ago, Chiquitabella29 said:

On another note, we just came back from Egypt this past Saturday 2/17. My husband couldn't complete his customs declaration on the machines at JFK  as he got an error message on the machine saying something to the effect that is resident card expires soon. We then had to go see a CBP officer and she asked for the extension letter. So if you are planning to travel soon and come back within the expiration date, still plan on taking the extension letter with you.

Another issue my husband had was to go through secondary clearance at CBP, this is the 2nd time it happens (first time was coming back from the Dominican Republic). Apparently, his name is very common and they need a second verification before letting him into the US. All good though, we have never had to wait more than 20 minutes and I must say, the CBP officer at secondary was very polite.

All in all, everyone (at Egypt airport and in the CBP area at JFK) knew what to do with the extension letter, so hopefully, no one has issues with future travel.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

My package was delivered to CSC on 12/30 and the Noa1 date is 1/2. I called uscis yesterday to request a biometrics appointment. The representative said I will get the answer in 15 days to 30days. This is so annoying. Because I’m going to give birth sometime in March. I hope it doesn’t overlap. 

(F) K-1 / California Service Center (F)

(L) July 22nd, 2014: Filed I-129F

(L)July 28th, 2014: NOA1(E-mail / Acceptance Confirmation/No mail)

(L) July 29th, 2014: Alien registration number was changed

(L) October 20th, 2014: NOA2 (Mail)

(L) November 4th, 2014: NVC received

(L) November 13th, 2014 : Consulate received( Seoul, South KOREA)

(L) January 16th,2015:Interview and approved

(L) January 23rd,2015: Visa and passport in hand!

(F) AOS (F)

(L) Mar 12,2015 : Sent AOS package(USPS Priority mail 2-day)

(L) Mar 16,2015 : Package delivered

(L) Mar 20,2015 : Noa1 Email & Text (I-485,I-131,I-765)

(L) Mar 26,2015 : Noa1 in mail (I-485,I-131,I-765)

(L) Mar 28,2015 : Biometrics notice in mail

(L)Apr 10,2015 : Biometrics done

(L)Jun 11,2015 : EAD approved

Got a letter from the USCIS and was hoping it was biometrics letter.  It wasn't.

The letter is a response from the call we did a last week and this is the important part of the letter:

"We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process.  Please know that your name will be electronically added to the appointment scheduler if needed.  Some applicants will be able to have their prior biometrics copied into our systems and will not be scheduled for a new appointment.  You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you if you in fact require an appointment."

This letter doesn't have a case number that we can track in the case status tool.  So I suppose now, we just chill.  The only thing we may consider doing now is calling and asking a tier two person what his name is on his case right now.  The letter came in his correct legal name.  If his name has been updated in the master file, he may be able to correct his name with SSA and then make that official. 

Other than that, we won't worry about anything.

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.