Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband the usc submit hes I-865 last month with out cover letter or apology or anything he just filled the form n sign it thats it.. after 7 days we recieve confirmation letter that hes address has already been change n no problem at all

Edited by brien0512

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I finally got my First NOA Yesterday. Receive Date 12/26/2017. Notice Date 02/06/2018. It says my conditional residence is extended for a year. I'm not sure which date they are referring to? A year from Receive Date or Notice Date or Date of Expiry of my current conditional Green Card. Any news on Bio-Metrics for California Filers? Looks like California Service Center applicants have to wait longer for their Bio-Metrics appointment. 

11 minutes ago, samoak7 said:

I finally got my First NOA Yesterday. Receive Date 12/26/2017. Notice Date 02/06/2018. It says my conditional residence is extended for a year. I'm not sure which date they are referring to? A year from Receive Date or Notice Date or Date of Expiry of my current conditional Green Card. Any news on Bio-Metrics for California Filers? Looks like California Service Center applicants have to wait longer for their Bio-Metrics appointment. 

A year from the expiration of your current GC

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
28 minutes ago, samoak7 said:

Hello I’m a California filer. And I got my biometric appointment super quick. I got them taken on December 29th. And that’s the last thing I heard. I haven’t gotten any other notices or anything else ;-(. I guess we will have to wait a very long time. I check the USCIS app daily. It no changes to my status. 

Timeline

My husband n i are planning to go to bahamas for vacation this april n my greencard will expired this feb... do u think im going to have problem on entering bahamas n going back to US?

38 minutes ago, BarbaraL said:

Hello I’m a California filer. And I got my biometric appointment super quick. I got them taken on December 29th. And that’s the last thing I heard. I haven’t gotten any other notices or anything else ;-(. I guess we will have to wait a very long time. I check the USCIS app daily. It no changes to my status. 

Wait time is almost a year for most people. If you've had biometrics, it's just a waiting game now.

20 minutes ago, brien0512 said:

My husband n i are planning to go to bahamas for vacation this april n my greencard will expired this feb... do u think im going to have problem on entering bahamas n going back to US?

No problems traveling with the expired green card as long as you have the receipt extension 797 letter as well. Then you are fine for another year on top of the expiry date, no need for stamps or anything. If you've not had your biometrics then you may want to make sure your appointment doesn't clash though or walk in early etc.

12/06/2017 - Applied for Removal of Conditions I-751

12/11/2017 - NOA date

12/24/2017 - NOA received

01/08/2018 - Sent I-865 late, oops

01/13/2018 - Received Biometrics appointment

01/23/2018 - Biometrics appointment in Pittsburgh PA

02/28/2019 - Approval letter received

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Casprushly said:

Wait time is almost a year for most people. If you've had biometrics, it's just a waiting game now.

No problems traveling with the expired green card as long as you have the receipt extension 797 letter as well. Then you are fine for another year on top of the expiry date, no need for stamps or anything. If you've not had your biometrics then you may want to make sure your appointment doesn't clash though or walk in early etc.

I was just worried bout entering bahamas if they accept the extention letter..bout biometric, they just send me letter to let me know it will takes a while to have a biometric scheadule due to massive appllication of renewal of greencards hoping my extention letter wont question by bahamas authority

Called USCIS to put in a service request for the biometrics.  Didn't bother going for a tier 2 rep.  Service request input and should hear something within 30 days - which is March 15th.  We should get the biometrics letter before then, but it's all good.  We are in no rush.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@AmharaSame here, not in a hurry but it’s nice to have some kind of estimated timeframe, thanks for sharing; we filed within a few days of each other.

Edited by e&e4ever

11/27/17 - Recieved notice from DHS to file I-751

12/14/17 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

12/18/17 - Received by CSC

12/20/17 - Check cashed 
12/22/17 - Recieved NOA

12/18/17 - NOA issue date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi, everyone,

I got my NOA on December 15th and still no biometrics appointment (service center is California; I live in Colorado). I've seen that some of you have called USCIS asking about this. Should I do the same, or should I just wait? What's the telephone number? I don't see it in my extension letter.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, aara1988 said:

Hi, everyone,

I got my NOA on December 15th and still no biometrics appointment (service center is California; I live in Colorado). I've seen that some of you have called USCIS asking about this. Should I do the same, or should I just wait? What's the telephone number? I don't see it in my extension letter.

Many thanks

I would call this number (800) 375-5283 and I  typed 1 2 2 2 , customer service rep will answer and then go ahead and request to speak to level 2 so they can put in request for you.

Well my biometrics appointment letter is in the mail today! Don't you just love USPS Informed Delivery :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

20 minutes ago, racheal&david said:

Well my biometrics appointment letter is in the mail today! Don't you just love USPS Informed Delivery :)

Finally!!  

I wonder if this is a precursor to how the field office will be in scheduling the USC interviews?  So far, both biometrics appointments needed service requests.  I have been checking out N-400 threads and I can’t pin it down.  For Dallas, some people got USC interviews really fast and some wait a long time.  I can’t tell how fast Dallas works or if some VJ members are just not updated their timelines.

Signature coming soon...

32 minutes ago, mattsgigo said:

For those who have put in a service request, were they input via phone or web? If by phone, did you receive confirmation that the service request was indeed initiated? Thanks in advance!

By phone and we received a confirmation number and asked to call back in 30 days if nothing happens.  

We only spoke with level one rep, who does not have any access to your account.  A level two rep should be able to check out any action that may have happened.  

You may want to talk to the level two.  We just don’t care at this point.

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.