Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, khanhdoan310 said:

I went to my interview today with hubby (btw he wasn't called in with me). It was a combo, and my ROC was approved on the spot. I just got an update that oath notice is mailed. Will share my experience in a different post.

congrats, when did you submit the N-400?

On 11/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, khanhdoan310 said:

I went to my interview today with hubby (btw he wasn't called in with me). It was a combo, and my ROC was approved on the spot. I just got an update that oath notice is mailed. Will share my experience in a different post.

How was the I-751 interview? What did they ask you? Did you bring all the documents you submitted when you applied for your I-751? I have my combo interview on dec 20, 2019.

15 hours ago, samoak78 said:

How was the I-751 interview? What did they ask you? Did you bring all the documents you submitted when you applied for your I-751? I have my combo interview on dec 20, 2019.

It was easy. Just some biographic verification, done in less than 10 minutes. And yes I did bring everything from my I-751 to current timeline but the officer only looked at my lease. Good luck with yours.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
On 11/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, khanhdoan310 said:

:dancing: CONGRATULATIONS !! :dancing:

Don't forget to post your review of your interview at the US Consulate and Office Review section: https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 4 weeks later...

On February 26, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1807, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

anyone with me in same boat?

This is there website shows time range!

Estimated time range
19.5Months  to 37 Months

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
34 minutes ago, JAZB said:

On February 26, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC1807, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

anyone with me in same boat?

This is there website shows time range!

Estimated time range
19.5Months  to 37 Months

That is just ridiculous. I'm also a Dec 2017 filer. My case is in California Service Center and I just check California service Center processing time and its currently 16 to 23months. My case is over 24months now. I have contacted my Congresswoman. What service center is processing your case?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, addy&julie said:

That is just ridiculous. I'm also a Dec 2017 filer. My case is in California Service Center and I just check California service Center processing time and its currently 16 to 23months. My case is over 24months now. I have contacted my Congresswoman. What service center is processing your case?

Totally agree.  However, please understand that you are just preaching to the choir. :protest: All of the folks here at VJ are experiencing these ridiculously protracted processing times all along everyone's immigration journey. A legislative Congresswoman is a start, however you should also consider filing a report with the DHS Ombudsman (CISOMB), https://www.dhs.gov/cisomb-jurisdiction. It is frustrating when you have public statements from USCIS Director (hatchet man) Cuccinelli, where he says that USCIS should be run more like a business, and the problems with USCIS are due to lack of enforcement and lack of money. As a consequence, USCIS has started "enhanced immigration enforcement and are already trying to increase visa processing fees, sometimes double the current fees. For what, the same, lame lackluster service? 

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

7 hours ago, samoak78 said:

I got notified that my case was transferred after my N400 I-751 combo interview. When I called the 1-800 USCIS number I found out that my application is in Lee's Summit Missouri. Hopefully in the new year will get my oath ceremony invite. This has been a very long journey indeed. 

Wow, my friend!  I am so sorry that you are still waiting!  I think you have submitted posts, but have you submitted a case inquiry with USCIS?

Signature coming soon...

4 hours ago, Amhara said:

Wow, my friend!  I am so sorry that you are still waiting!  I think you have submitted posts, but have you submitted a case inquiry with USCIS?

I had my combo interview on Dec 20, 2019 so the last week was kinda slow due to the holidays. I haven't submitted a case inquiry with USCIS yet. After the interview I was told that I won't be getting the 10 year Green card and I will get the oath ceremony and during the oath ceremony I will have to surrender my old expired 2 year conditional Green card. The oath ceremony will be in Feb 2020 since there was no room for me for the ceremonies in Jan 2020 that's what I was told. 

The interview letter said 751 should be approved before the N400 interview. I think Lee's Summit is the last place that my case will reside at so that's why it's there. I'm not sure though. Also for my N400 receipt number there is no update online the last update says we have scheduled an interview. 

I will wait for a few more weeks to hear from USCIS. I think they have 120 days and if nothing happens I can ask a judge to Naturalize me. All this is overly complicated for no reason. I just want to be done with it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.