Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
3 minutes ago, Amhara said:

@aionescu So their response is pretty much, “We don’t understand, so here are a bunch of standard paragraphs related to the N-400 interview.”

🤦‍♀️

Make sure you mail (don’t email) the letter to the address of where your interview will be.  It will get to your IO.

Right: "Neither do we understand, nor do we actually follow our policy manual, so here's a bunch of information that you already know".

You stated you wrote yours by hand - does it have to be by hand? does it matter?

THANK YOU for all the useful information you're sharing with us always!!

@aionescu I don’t think it needs to be handwritten.  I would recommend signing it just because.  Then they know a human looked at it.

If you have received a case number, starting with SRC#, then include that as well.  That way, any interested party may be able to see you already asked for the combo.  Just in case you have to do some ombudsman stuff, but hopefully that won’t be your case.

Signature coming soon...

5 minutes ago, Amhara said:

@aionescu I don’t think it needs to be handwritten.  I would recommend signing it just because.  Then they know a human looked at it.

If you have received a case number, starting with SRC#, then include that as well.  That way, any interested party may be able to see you already asked for the combo.  Just in case you have to do some ombudsman stuff, but hopefully that won’t be your case.

Hmm I didn't get a SRC number. I only have a receipt number and a USCIS online account number. For some reason, the invitation tells me to go to another field office, farther away, not the one that I belong to and that took my fingerprints. I wonder why...

7 minutes ago, aionescu said:

Hmm I didn't get a SRC number. I only have a receipt number and a USCIS online account number. For some reason, the invitation tells me to go to another field office, farther away, not the one that I belong to and that took my fingerprints. I wonder why...

Probably because of this:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-aims-decrease-processing-times-n-400-and-i-485

You should see the service request number when you log into the USCIS case status.  When you add that case to your profile, then you can see the service requests down below underneath your status.  It should have the date you filed it, when it was assigned to an officer, and when it was closed.

Signature coming soon...

28 minutes ago, Amhara said:

Probably because of this:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-aims-decrease-processing-times-n-400-and-i-485

You should see the service request number when you log into the USCIS case status.  When you add that case to your profile, then you can see the service requests down below underneath your status.  It should have the date you filed it, when it was assigned to an officer, and when it was closed.

When I log into my USCIS case status, I don't even see the the N400. The latest case is the I751 and the latest update there is from June 2018, when they inform me they moved me to another office. I do see my N400 on the USCIS Account, but nothing else. Should it even matter if I don't have that SRC number...they should be able to find everything about me only based on my alien number...and all the other NOA numbers I am providing them with...no? I'm sorry, I don't mean to waste your time! I'll figure it out. 

I got the I-551 stamp in my passport today at the LA office. It was fast (had an 8 am appointment but was inside by 7:35 and completely done by 7:55). Apparently, my I-751 is at the LA office. The officer said that the reason I didn't have a combination interview when I went for the n400 last week was that most officers who do citizenship interviews are not trained to also do I-751. Who knows if this is true, but that's what she said. She also said that it would probably be about three months for the I-751 to be processed, which will take us outside of normal processing times.

14 minutes ago, jz1495 said:

I got the I-551 stamp in my passport today at the LA office. It was fast (had an 8 am appointment but was inside by 7:35 and completely done by 7:55). Apparently, my I-751 is at the LA office. The officer said that the reason I didn't have a combination interview when I went for the n400 last week was that most officers who do citizenship interviews are not trained to also do I-751. Who knows if this is true, but that's what she said. She also said that it would probably be about three months for the I-751 to be processed, which will take us outside of normal processing times.

3 more months...that is outrageous. When did you submit your i751 in December?

2 minutes ago, aionescu said:

3 more months...that is outrageous. When did you submit your i751 in December?

I submitted December 30th.

29 minutes ago, aionescu said:

When I log into my USCIS case status, I don't even see the the N400. The latest case is the I751 and the latest update there is from June 2018, when they inform me they moved me to another office. I do see my N400 on the USCIS Account, but nothing else. Should it even matter if I don't have that SRC number...they should be able to find everything about me only based on my alien number...and all the other NOA numbers I am providing them with...no? I'm sorry, I don't mean to waste your time! I'll figure it out. 

If you don't have it, then you don't have it.  Check the email you received.  There should be a Referral ID underneath your receipt #.  If you don't find it there, then refer to the date that you submitted it.

Signature coming soon...

2 minutes ago, jz1495 said:

I submitted December 30th.

Essentially - two years because USCIS does not train their staff.  Sad.  The ROC would be an easy interview.  What documentation was/is presented to verify financial co-mingling?  Past dates?  Current dates?  Talk to the people and learn about their relationship.  Does it seem like they are a married couple or are they strangers?  If anything is suspicious, ask for more and escalate to a manager.  It's not brain surgery.

Signature coming soon...

2 hours ago, aionescu said:

So I email USCIS regarding my N400 interview, since my I-751 is still pending, to ask if they can confirm that this will be a combo interview. I quote that article @Amhara sent (chapter 5 of the policy manual) stating that they should approve that either before or concurrently with the N400. This is the completely useless reply I got:

Thank you for your inquiry dated June 19, 2019.

Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization:

USCIS systems indicate that on June 03, 2019., we created and mailed you an Interview Appointment Notice. You may also view and print a copy of your Interview Appointment Notice within your USCIS online filing system account. After you log in to your USCIS online filing system account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official appointment notice from USCIS. You must take the Interview Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment. Please review the Interview Appointment Notice for any other requirements.

If you need to reschedule the appointment, please return a copy of the Interview Notice with your explanation and a request for a new appointment to the Field Office address listed on the Interview Notice. 

To determine current processing time within USCIS:

• Visit https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
  • Select N-400; Application for Naturalization from the Form dropdown
  • Select the Field Office processing the application from the Field Office dropdown
  • Click “Get Processing Time” link

If your receipt date is before the Case Inquiry Date, you can submit an “outside normal processing time” service request online.

In preparation for the Civics test portion of your interview, please visit: www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test/study-materials-civics-test/uscis-naturalization-interview-and-test-video. You may also download the USCIS: Civics Test Study Tools app. The mobile app is available in the Apple app store and the Google Play app store.

Please note that extended absences outside of the United States may affect your ability to naturalize. USCIS policy requires that an applicant for naturalization must have resided continuously in the United States up to the time of naturalization. For more information on the Continuous Residence requirement, click here.

For general information about what to expect during the naturalization process, please visit our website at: my.uscis.gov/citizenship/what_to expect.

If you need more assistance with your USCIS online filing system account, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Contact Center at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at my.uscis.gov/account/inbox.

If you move remember to update your address in the USCIS online filing system or contact the USCIS Contact Center at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at my.uscis.gov/account/inbox. You must also update your address using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange.

In the future, you can visit myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages and get instant updates on the status of your case. You can see your account information and make inquiries any time and on any device.

We hope this information is helpful.

I have a nice collection of those useless answers 😂

32 minutes ago, jz1495 said:

My field office where my N400 took place has 3 officers who do both approvals: for I751 and N400. 

The officer who interviewed me told me that. He was one of 3 of them, able to approve both, but CSC didn’t react to his request to send him my I751 documents. 

3 months? I will write the letter of complain to Obama 😂

On 6/22/2019 at 9:53 AM, khanhdoan310 said:

Does anyone happen to have submitted date different from their actual receipt date on myuscis? Here it said June 15, 2018 but my receipt date is December 19, 2017.

Untitled.thumb.png.d5de72b8692d5ec0d6674d90f98f34f1.png

Yes, that is on ours, also.

Also, the USCIS processing times for ROC's have finally spilled into December 2017!  That means that for anyone that has not yet been approved, you will be able to submit a case inquiry before too long.  That should help set a light under someone's seat somewhere.

Signature coming soon...

On 6/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, Amhara said:

Yes, that is on ours, also.

Also, the USCIS processing times for ROC's have finally spilled into December 2017!  That means that for anyone that has not yet been approved, you will be able to submit a case inquiry before too long.  That should help set a light under someone's seat somewhere.

But if the case was transferred to local office will the same date apply?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.