Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Warning: LONG story. But I have never read so far that anyone had a case like me here. 

Filed I-751 in Dec 2017 (now, on July 6th, will be exactly 19 months pending, which is maximum for California Service Center).

Applied for N400 in Jan 2019, and I had interview on May 9th. Notice didnt mention I751. I wrote inquiries and a message from MyUSCIS account inbox. I got a call from them, and I was told that it would be “most likely” combo interview. Then, I got the written reply back in inbox, but it was a general response about N400 interview, without mentioning I751. 

My husband and me went to the interview. I got the nicest officer ever. He said to my husband he doesn’t need him to come with me.

He told me right away it will be only N400 interview, because he doesn’t have I751 case in front of him. He requested it from CSC, but they didn’t deliver it to him to be ready for my interview. Then he talked general about life and the his job and different people who he meets thru his job (I noticed he literally was scanning me, as professional profiling of the applicant, by talking about random things). 

The interview itself was easy and straight forward - test, 6 questions, signature ... He told me my case is easy and clean (we have a child and all proofs) and that I submitted so many documents, that all is good. He said he understood it was frustrating that he couldn’t approve my citizenship, but he couldn’t  do anything as he didn’t have I751 with him. He told me he would try to get the documents and to approve me until May 22nd, when was the scheduled Oath date for Los Angeles area, to “squeeze” me into that Oath. He mentioned that I751 cases usually have interview, but that he would waive that in my favor and put me straight to Oath, because my case is so clean. 

I had high hopes, but nothing happened. Earlier, before interview, I applied for driving license. They didn’t issue it, because Uscis didn’t “clear” me. 

I called USCIS asking about my I751 several times, and I wrote letters online after interview, but the answer was always “your case is still pending within the processing time up to 19 months”. 

Then I requested to talk to Tier2, because I couldn’t get my driving license. They called me back the same day. She was kinda rude, but in the end she scheduled my infopass appointment in the office to get I-551 stamp for one more year. (Btw this is the only way to get infopass appointment). 

I went there (at this time, it was a month after the N400 interview and no news), and at the “check-in” desk, lady was so annoyed with me (chewing gum and answering me with “mmm-hmmm”), and she gave me waiting number, so I would be called. 

Luckily, I got super nice guy. 

After he listened my story, he took a close look into my case on his computer. He told me “I can see your I751 was requested from CSC two times by our office, but they didn’t reply at all. It states that your case was/is part of some project in CSC, with this lady colleague leading the project.”

I was shocked. First, nobody replied AT ALL to the field office, and second: My case is part of some project??!!! 

He went to the another floor where they hold interviews, and checked with another officers, they confirmed that my I751 was requested, but nobody replied. He tried to call that project lady on the phone, no one answered. He wrote an e-mail, requesting my I751. 

He stamped my passport with I-551 for another year. 

I thanked him him for all his effort and kindness and I went home.

I wrote message again from MyUscis account and I got reply that this issue is out of their online service and that I should call that one number they have. 

I called again and I requested tier2. She was nice. She sent an email , putting all my story inside, and told me I would get answer in 7-10 business days. 

On USCIS Login “Case history” showed that my request for “administrative error” was reviewed and completed. As I had no idea what it

meant, I called them today afternoon. Tier 1 couldn’t answer this (even with a help of her supervisor) and she told me to call again tomorrow morning to talk to Tier2. I asked if I can talk to one now, or schedule the call back , she told me they have a very high number of calls at the moment. 

So I’m calling them again tomorrow. 

I just don’t know what to do when I751 becomes overdue on  July 6th completing max 19 months  of processing time. 

So unlucky. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 6/2/2019 at 8:23 AM, addy&julie said:

We are all in the same boat unchained its looks like we that are left to be approved Dec 2018 filers that got reuse biometrics  in February have been sent to go do biometrics. My biometrics is on Tuesday 6/4/19.. I believe after the biometrics we will all get approvals. That was the same case with some filers in another thread.

I believe we are on the same boat. Had my biometrics on 6/3/19. Did your case status change after that?

10 hours ago, Nayda said:

Warning: LONG story. But I have never read so far that anyone had a case like me here. 

Filed I-751 in Dec 2017 (now, on July 6th, will be exactly 19 months pending, which is maximum for California Service Center).

Applied for N400 in Jan 2019, and I had interview on May 9th. Notice didnt mention I751. I wrote inquiries and a message from MyUSCIS account inbox. I got a call from them, and I was told that it would be “most likely” combo interview. Then, I got the written reply back in inbox, but it was a general response about N400 interview, without mentioning I751. 

My husband and me went to the interview. I got the nicest officer ever. He said to my husband he doesn’t need him to come with me.

He told me right away it will be only N400 interview, because he doesn’t have I751 case in front of him. He requested it from CSC, but they didn’t deliver it to him to be ready for my interview. Then he talked general about life and the his job and different people who he meets thru his job (I noticed he literally was scanning me, as professional profiling of the applicant, by talking about random things). 

The interview itself was easy and straight forward - test, 6 questions, signature ... He told me my case is easy and clean (we have a child and all proofs) and that I submitted so many documents, that all is good. He said he understood it was frustrating that he couldn’t approve my citizenship, but he couldn’t  do anything as he didn’t have I751 with him. He told me he would try to get the documents and to approve me until May 22nd, when was the scheduled Oath date for Los Angeles area, to “squeeze” me into that Oath. He mentioned that I751 cases usually have interview, but that he would waive that in my favor and put me straight to Oath, because my case is so clean. 

I had high hopes, but nothing happened. Earlier, before interview, I applied for driving license. They didn’t issue it, because Uscis didn’t “clear” me. 

I called USCIS asking about my I751 several times, and I wrote letters online after interview, but the answer was always “your case is still pending within the processing time up to 19 months”. 

Then I requested to talk to Tier2, because I couldn’t get my driving license. They called me back the same day. She was kinda rude, but in the end she scheduled my infopass appointment in the office to get I-551 stamp for one more year. (Btw this is the only way to get infopass appointment). 

I went there (at this time, it was a month after the N400 interview and no news), and at the “check-in” desk, lady was so annoyed with me (chewing gum and answering me with “mmm-hmmm”), and she gave me waiting number, so I would be called. 

After he listened my story, he took a close look into my case on his computer. He told me “I can see your I751 was requested from CSC two times by our office, but they didn’t reply at all. It states that your case was/is part of some project in CSC, with this lady colleague leading the project.”

I was shocked. First, nobody replied AT ALL to the field office, and second: My case is part of some project??!!! 

He went to the another floor where they hold interviews, and checked with another officers, they confirmed that my I751 was requested, but nobody replied. He tried to call that project lady on the phone, no one answered. He wrote an e-mail, requesting my I751. 

I wrote message again from MyUscis account and I got reply that this issue is out of their online service and that I should call that one number they have. 

I called again and I requested tier2. She was nice. She sent an email , putting all my story inside, and told me I would get answer in 7-10 business days. 

On USCIS Login “Case history” showed that my request for “administrative error” was reviewed and completed. As I had no idea what it

meant, I called them today afternoon. Tier 1 couldn’t answer this (even with a help of her supervisor) and she told me to call again tomorrow morning to talk to Tier2. I asked if I can talk to one now, or schedule the call back , she told me they have a very high number of calls at the moment. 

I just don’t know what to do when I751 becomes overdue on  July 6th completing max 19 months  of processing time. 

So unlucky. 

That's odd and strange that your case was part of some project. When did you actually submit your I-751? I am about 68 days away from my 18 month letter expiring not sure if I should call because the processing time for CSC is still Nov 29, 2017 as of today. I think UCIS will just ask me to wait. Applied for N400 in Feb 2019 did my Bio-Metrics on Feb 27, 2019 I keep getting emails saying that the case is being actively processed by USCIS and there is no updates at the moment. I can not request Info-pass online for my field office. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, misaki said:

I believe we are on the same boat. Had my biometrics on 6/3/19. Did your case status change after that?

My case status is yet to change since my biometrics in 6/4. It's just funny I know a June 2017 filer who had his biometrics one week after mine and his status changed to "review biometrics blah blah"... Nothing yet so far still patiently waiting 

3 hours ago, addy&julie said:

My case status is yet to change since my biometrics in 6/4. It's just funny I know a June 2017 filer who had his biometrics one week after mine and his status changed to "review biometrics blah blah"... Nothing yet so far still patiently waiting 

Mine hasn't changed either after bio-metric 6/10. This is becoming very troubling. What could be going on?

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, Nayda said:

So unlucky. 

My wife is Dec 2017 filler as well. Nothing ever since the case transfer to Nebraska back in January. Got a stamp recently because we have the international trip coming up. That's about it. 

09/03/15 - AOS mailed to Chicago

10/05/15 - RFE recvd

10/07/15 - Biometrics done, RFE sent

10/13/15 - Online status changed RFE under review

10/15/15 - 2nd RFE issued and mailed

11/18/15 - RFE response sent

12/03/15 - i765 Approved

12/10/15 - EAD recvd

12/17/15 - Interview is scheduled on Jan 21

01/21/16 - Approved/Card in production

01/28/16 - GC recvd

Anyone here has had experiences with renewing their driver license with their I-751 pending? I received DMV notice to renew my driver license, and it said I'm eligible to do it online, which I did. Well, here's my situation: I'm December 2017 CSC filer, no biometrics given, filed N400 as soon as became eligible (Last update on my I-751 was in 2018 with a "Name Was Updated"-honestly I don't know what is going on at this point). My 18 month extension expires some time this September, following my DL a month later. Now my question is that even though I was able to do the renewal online, would DMV still ask for a in person appointment, given my timeline? I've been reading stories about DMV not accepting the extension letters but passport stamps. What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by khanhdoan310

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
29 minutes ago, khanhdoan310 said:

Anyone here has had experiences with renewing their driver license with their I-751 pending? I received DMV notice to renew my driver license, and it said I'm eligible to do it online, which I did. Well, here's my situation: I'm December 2017 CSC filer, no biometrics given, filed N400 as soon as became eligible (Last update on my I-751 was in 2018 with a "Name Was Updated"-honestly I don't know what is going on at this point). My 18 month extension expires some time this September, following my DL a month later. Now my question is that even though I was able to do the renewal online, would DMV still ask for a in person appointment, given my timeline? I've been reading stories about DMV not accepting the extension letters but passport stamps. What are your thoughts on this?

How early you can renew your DL online.  If you can do it online , how DMV will  know that your extension has expired and once you renew your DL, you are done with DMV and you need to just get I-551 stamp to prove your permanent residency.   You might get your N-400 interview by then.  

I was given the option to renew my DL online, which is why I was doubtful of DMV's verification process.  As said DMV notice came in a few days ago; GC extension ends in September, and DL expires in October. What is the possibility that DMV would send me back for permanent residency proofs? As for getting I-551 stamp my USCIS field office states that "not accepting walk-ins or scheduling infopass appointment". Does that mean I have to go to a different office to get my passport stamped? Your help is appreciated.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Tar999 said:

You have to call USCIS and ask to schedule an infopass.  They will call you back within 24-48 hours and you MUST answer the phone when they do, otherwise you will have to start the process again.  I know it sucks, but that is how infopass is being scheduled now.

If you have a genuine to get a Inforpass, you will get one.   it is better than old system ( on line) where you need to try for hours or days to get infopass using online 

On 6/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, samoak78 said:

That's odd and strange that your case was part of some project. When did you actually submit your I-751? I am about 68 days away from my 18 month letter expiring not sure if I should call because the processing time for CSC is still Nov 29, 2017 as of today. I think UCIS will just ask me to wait. Applied for N400 in Feb 2019 did my Bio-Metrics on Feb 27, 2019 I keep getting emails saying that the case is being actively processed by USCIS and there is no updates at the moment. I can not request Info-pass online for my field office. 

Of course it is weird to be part of some project, I start to believe my case is sitting in some different office, collecting dust and waiting for the project to be done. 

I called USCIS again, I reached Tier2, she couldn’t answer anything as she doesn’t see the project in her system. So I asked her to connect me to her supervisor. She transferred my call and the was ringing long time until I got disconnected and nobody answered. 

All she told me was like “your I751 is within processing time and the reason it is delayed is applying for N400”. This is the newest answer they have for me. Just amazing.

I submit my I751 in Dec 2017, as I wrote already and on July 6th will be exactly 19 months. My extension letter is expiring on Aug 9th, but I got Tier2 to schedule my infopass, as I had to get I551 stamp in my passport for extension of another year. 

21 hours ago, hmz said:

My wife is Dec 2017 filler as well. Nothing ever since the case transfer to Nebraska back in January. Got a stamp recently because we have the international trip coming up. That's about it. 

Have you applied for N400? Now, the newest answer I got yesterday from USCIS is that my I751 is delayed because I applied for N400. And I already had interview. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nayda said:

Of course it is weird to be part of some project, I start to believe my case is sitting in some different office, collecting dust and waiting for the project to be done. 

I called USCIS again, I reached Tier2, she couldn’t answer anything as she doesn’t see the project in her system. So I asked her to connect me to her supervisor. She transferred my call and the was ringing long time until I got disconnected and nobody answered. 

All she told me was like “your I751 is within processing time and the reason it is delayed is applying for N400”. This is the newest answer they have for me. Just amazing.

I submit my I751 in Dec 2017, as I wrote already and on July 6th will be exactly 19 months. My extension letter is expiring on Aug 9th, but I got Tier2 to schedule my infopass, as I had to get I551 stamp in my passport for extension of another year. 

Most of the cases, they stop processing I-751 when you apply N-400, at least that is the case for me.  Applied i-751 Nov 17,  No approval, then Nov 18 applied  N-400.  No action on I-751, but got N-400 interview.  Will see next week what will be the outcome of I-751 

2 hours ago, khanhdoan310 said:

Read my long story. Infopass only via calling USCIS and talking to Tier 2 to schedule one. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.