Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, addy&julie said:

I also had my biometrics on June 4th and it was a really smooth process. I was done in 25mins. Like you they only my right fingers, new pictures and signature. The lady also told me that it was because I have finger prints on file and told me to expect my card in the mail. Patiently waiting for approval 

I was sent to footprints on June 12 after I had been told in February 2019 about the re-use of fingerprints, and on May 29 I transferred my case to new jurisdiction, the letter arrived "my case is in Missouri" and says that  When they are ready for an interview they will let me know, I send many proofs and they have never asked for any evidence or anything.

Just prepair yourself for the interview when they call you. Take with you duplicated documents you already send them plus anything new that you have. Once you are prepared and have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about. It's a long journey for all of us going thru it. Hang in there...I'm here waiting at their mercy too. Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anyone know if we will get another extension letter?  My husbands 18m extension letter ends next month.  Our case was sent to the local office April 9, 2018. Its been over a year and nothing has happened.  The info pass dates haven't been meet yet. Is Baltimore just extremely slow? Or am I still under Vermont? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, crazycat said:

Anyone know if we will get another extension letter?  My husbands 18m extension letter ends next month.  Our case was sent to the local office April 9, 2018. Its been over a year and nothing has happened.  The info pass dates haven't been meet yet. Is Baltimore just extremely slow? Or am I still under Vermont? Thanks

You did not apply for N-400, so it seems, it is still in the service center.  Wait for close to extension letter end date ( within 30 days) and get an infopass for I-551 stamp on passport.  You will be out of process time soon and would be able send an inquiry.  Currently, it is NOV 25, 2017 for VSC.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

This is my first post.

I filed my i751 on Nov 20, 2017 (California Center).  I had my biometrics long time back and i also applied for my N400(Biometrics Done). They transferred by i751 to Texas Center. The USCIS website shows , the processing time for i751 for Texas center is up to 19 months. So based on that, i can get a response in the next 20 days. What i can understand USCIS process the i751 application in the order they receive.

Q) Do you think these estimated time are somewhat accurate ?

Q) Do you know what file are they on right now ?

On 6/7/2019 at 9:43 PM, Mechanical said:

Just prepair yourself for the interview when they call you. Take with you duplicated documents you already send them plus anything new that you have. Once you are prepared and have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about. It's a long journey for all of us going thru it. Hang in there...I'm here waiting at their mercy too. Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

I sent all the documents in order and I have 18 months in waiting they sent me to make prints next week!  and possibly the letter says that you can call me to an interview which I do not understand!  My wife and I have been living together since 2015 and I have more tests after I send my i751 as for example, we bought a car last year and now I have it in my credit cards, and also in my phone account everything else is  everything to our name

15 hours ago, SKD said:

Hello All,

This is my first post.

I filed my i751 on Nov 20, 2017 (California Center).  I had my biometrics long time back and i also applied for my N400(Biometrics Done). They transferred by i751 to Texas Center. The USCIS website shows , the processing time for i751 for Texas center is up to 19 months. So based on that, i can get a response in the next 20 days. What i can understand USCIS process the i751 application in the order they receive.

Q) Do you think these estimated time are somewhat accurate ?

Q) Do you know what file are they on right now ?

Well, USCIS doesn’t really work cases first come first serve, especially in transfer situation.  It’s more like, whichever box they open first.  This is why a lot of 2019 (as far as June...) have been approved and some of us are still waiting.

Their timelines are not accurate, but good enough for service requests.  I think they keep those dates artificially high to reduce the amount of service requests they get.

Try installing the “USCIS Case Tracker” app; (not created by USCIS).  This will allow you to see the cases approved that were filed in your same day.

I hope you get approved soon!!!

Signature coming soon...

On 6/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, addy&julie said:

We are all in the same boat unchained its looks like we that are left to be approved Dec 2018 filers that got reuse biometrics  in February have been sent to go do biometrics. My biometrics is on Tuesday 6/4/19.. I believe after the biometrics we will all get approvals. That was the same case with some filers in another thread.

My husband did his biometrics on 3/22/19 we still haven’t gotten any updates.

Once you complete the biometrics, does the case status change? Biometrics done 3/22/19 but still show last update was on 06/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Pingping11 said:

Once you complete the biometrics, does the case status change? Biometrics done 3/22/19 but still show last update was on 06/2018

They updated my husband's status the same day we went to get the biometrics done - 5/31/19. I've been checking religiously, and it just changed to new card being produced today!

Background -

Filed i751 - 12/10/17

Received RFE - 3/16/19

USCIS received our RFE response - 5/14/19

Biometrics letter received - 5/24/19

3 hours ago, beensfield said:

They updated my husband's status the same day we went to get the biometrics done - 5/31/19. I've been checking religiously, and it just changed to new card being produced today!

Background -

Filed i751 - 12/10/17

Received RFE - 3/16/19

USCIS received our RFE response - 5/14/19

Biometrics letter received - 5/24/19

Congratulations!!!!

What update did the status get on May 31st?

Hopefully other recent bio-folks are also going to get approvals soon!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amhara said:

Congratulations!!!!

What update did the status get on May 31st?

Hopefully other recent bio-folks are also going to get approvals soon!!

Thank you! My husband and I are BEYOND relieved. Photo of our status from when he got his biometrics done attached.

1272107562.png

I had my n400 interview today at the LA office. I was hoping it would be a combo interview as my I-751 is still pending, but the officer said he could only do the n400, as I-751s were handled by a different department. Very frustratingly, he had a copy of the I-751 in front of him. He was very nice and apologetic about not being able to assess it today. I passed the citizenship interview but he can't approve it until the I-751 is approved.  Good news is, the clock starts ticking on 120 days now, so hopefully, it'll make the I-751 finally move.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.