Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2019 at 12:30 PM, Pikachu Babe said:

Usually 3 months. You should have enough time 

7 hours ago, milkteabean said:

Just got a letter for my biometrics today. Weird since I previously received a letter mentioning that my biometrics are going to be reused. 

When did you receive your letter that your prints will be reused?  I also received it on February 22 of this year.

7 hours ago, Pikachu Babe said:

I think I had same thing.. I’m not sure that does that means

Strange.  Switching messages and confusing biometric letters.  Can’t expect anything different from USCIS!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife got a letter today scheduling a biometrics appointment 2 weeks from now. We got a letter in February stating they would be re-using her old biometrics and even more annoying, she took new biometrics for her N-400 on March 9, 2019, at the same field office... She's on an 18-month extension letter for her green card as it is, that runs out in August. I really hope they could figure out how to renew an existing card in less than 18 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 5/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, Tiber1 said:

My wife got a letter today scheduling a biometrics appointment 2 weeks from now. We got a letter in February stating they would be re-using her old biometrics and even more annoying, she took new biometrics for her N-400 on March 9, 2019, at the same field office... She's on an 18-month extension letter for her green card as it is, that runs out in August. I really hope they could figure out how to renew an existing card in less than 18 months.

Exact same thing with me. I got a letter dated on February 22nd saying that my biometics will be reused. Now I get a letter dated on May 17th saying that I need to get my biometrics done on June 6th... I did not apply for an N-400 though.

Now, I have a trip planned for September and my 18-month extension expires in August. I wonder if this biometrics thing means that I will get my new green card before then, or if I should already plan on asking for a new extension.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/27/2019 at 9:58 AM, aara1988 said:

Exact same thing with me. I got a letter dated on February 22nd saying that my biometics will be reused. Now I get a letter dated on May 17th saying that I need to get my biometrics done on June 6th... I did not apply for an N-400 though.

Now, I have a trip planned for September and my 18-month extension expires in August. I wonder if this biometrics thing means that I will get my new green card before then, or if I should already plan on asking for a new extension.

I am in the same boat. I am Dec 2017 filer. I did not file for N400 yet and am CA filer. My last update says case transferred June 18th. I did receive the mail that stated they will use my old biometrics that I did not need to get a biometrics captured. I just received a notice for biometrics appointment for June 4th.

I am excited about this and will make the appointment. Few weeks ago I noticed on another thread that after the biometrics most people got approval. Hopefully this will be the case for us as well what has been such a loooooong wait.

G

So my husband’s case status switched to card mailed.  

Hopefully June 2019 has good news for all of us!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, Chidivj said:

Finally, this phase is over for me after about 17 months and 10 days of waiting. I got approved in about 15 months but spend over 2 months waiting for my new card.

Here’s my timeline

I-751 received on Dec 5, 2017 – CSC (No - N400)

Biometrics done December 16, 2017

Then February 2018 transfer glitch

Feb 4, 2019 RFE sent to me

Feb 25, 2019 RFE received at CSC

March 8, 2019 got an approval letter dated March 1st

Waited for over 60 days waiting for the card so I did a service request

Finally, card in hand after about 76 days after approval

For those that are still waiting hang in tight we will all get there.

@Roy&Chanel  Good work keeping the sheet up to date

Wow your card took forever. I received my GC like a week after my approval letter. But congrats!!!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mario barrios said:

I'm on my way to 18 months and I have not received any news yet, they have not asked for anything, the reused fingerprints that letter sent to me on February 22!

Same June 18th case transferred. Also got the February biometrics reuse mail and I just got another mail yesterday telling me to go for a biometrics appointment June 4th...

2 minutes ago, addy&julie said:

Same June 18th case transferred. Also got the February biometrics reuse mail and I just got another mail yesterday telling me to go for a biometrics appointment June 4th...

my case was transferred on June 15, 2018 was the last update.  and the letter has not yet arrived telling me that I have to do biometrics.  only in February they will reuse my fingerprints

7 hours ago, addy&julie said:

my case was transferred on June 15, 2018 was the last update.  and the letter has not yet arrived telling me that I have to do biometrics.  only in February they will reuse my fingerprints

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.