Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Mario barrios said:

Did some of you get a letter that reused the biometrics fingerprints?  and then a letter notifying them that they have to make new footprints?  to me that letter that would reuse my fingerprints I arrive in February and I have nothing update since I have 17 months in waiting!  December 21, 2017

You got the new bio appt letter?

4 minutes ago, Mario barrios said:

I do not get anything .  I got a letter in February that will reuse my biometrics until now nothing and you?

I got the same reuse letter and current status say fingerprints review completed. What is your current status?

2 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

I got the same reuse letter and current status say fingerprints review completed. What is your current status?

3 minutes ago, cammi9988 said:

I was not updated yet and that was 3 months ago I received that letter.  After I received the letter of reuse of your prints in how much time did you update biometrics completed?

Looks like our case turned into a "hot potato" - the DHS USCIS site gives two updates on May 16th: One that the case has been transferred and that office has jurisdiction and a second that the local office received the case.  (*Gulp!* The Dallas office is incredibly backlogged!)  Then, the DHS USCIS updated again on May 16th that the case has been transferred and that office has jurisdiction.

Since the USCIS has been doing a lot of shifting with the ROC cases, I am interested to see if the case was re-assigned to CSC or if the case was sent to TSC.  New ROC's are being sent to TSC, I think, so there is a chance that my husband's case could get assigned there?  Interesting...

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Amhara said:

Looks like our case turned into a "hot potato" - the DHS USCIS site gives two updates on May 16th: One that the case has been transferred and that office has jurisdiction and a second that the local office received the case.  (*Gulp!* The Dallas office is incredibly backlogged!)  Then, the DHS USCIS updated again on May 16th that the case has been transferred and that office has jurisdiction.

Since the USCIS has been doing a lot of shifting with the ROC cases, I am interested to see if the case was re-assigned to CSC or if the case was sent to TSC.  New ROC's are being sent to TSC, I think, so there is a chance that my husband's case could get assigned there?  Interesting...

Definitely you are not alone. My case has been transferred to Nebraska on Jan 18 and its sitting on a potato sack ever since with no updates. 

09/03/15 - AOS mailed to Chicago

10/05/15 - RFE recvd

10/07/15 - Biometrics done, RFE sent

10/13/15 - Online status changed RFE under review

10/15/15 - 2nd RFE issued and mailed

11/18/15 - RFE response sent

12/03/15 - i765 Approved

12/10/15 - EAD recvd

12/17/15 - Interview is scheduled on Jan 21

01/21/16 - Approved/Card in production

01/28/16 - GC recvd

On 5/18/2019 at 9:23 AM, Amhara said:

I can understand why they sent your N400 back to TX since you have not completed your move yet. I can not understand why they transferred your I-751 back and forth since it does not have a residency requirement and any local office can approve it..

I know I shouldn't have...but I took a look at 2018 ROC filer threads.  There are May and June 2018 filers that have been approved.  I knew this, and it's just what it is.  But I had to roll my eyes when I got to the August 2018 filers and they were complaining about how long it was taking.  Some were posting that they were going to call the USCIS to ask about their case.  Really?  Really?  It has barely been 9 months and you want to complain?  Meanwhile a lot of us, a year and almost a half (5 months) later get nothing.  Ahhhhhhhh!

Signature coming soon...

Philadelphia Office -

I received notification today of my N400 interview being scheduled (applied Dec 2018). I am a ROC Dec 2017 filer and haven't had a ROC update since April 2018 - case received at local office. 

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

On 5/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, holidaywkhcx said:

I can understand why they sent your N400 back to TX since you have not completed your move yet. I can not understand why they transferred your I-751 back and forth since it does not have a residency requirement and any local office can approve it..

I was thinking the same thing.  But today my husband received a call from the IO that interviewed us and she confirmed our address and told him that she was going to approve it.

The case status message changed to “Date of Birth Updated” so at least that is coming soon!  If his GC gets approved soon, then applying for the USC early at least helped us get the GC a month or so early.

In the case tracker app, there are at least 94 cases that haven’t been touched since June 2018.

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.