Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lizette1121622 said:

Received notification on Friday that card was being produced. Case was transferred from CSC to Nebraska in January. Last year received RFE, submitted documentation and never received receipt notice of the documents. Am very happy. 

how long after you submit your rfe response they approve

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 minutes ago, lizette1121622 said:

I received the RFE in August or September. Was given 2 weeks to submit additional documentation. It took about 7 months. I think it is different for everyone

I believe you may not remember it correctly.  The standard RFE allows 84 days from the day the letter is dated for you to submit additional evidence.  It is outlined in the Adjudicator Manual, so everyone gets the same amount of turn around time to USCIS.

How long it takes after RFE is submitted is indeed different for everyone.

18 hours ago, lizette1121622 said:

Received notification on Friday that card was being produced. Case was transferred from CSC to Nebraska in January. Last year received RFE, submitted documentation and never received receipt notice of the documents. Am very happy. 

Congrats!  Please update your Timeline. When did you receive your NOA1? 

3 hours ago, GBOS said:

I believe you may not remember it correctly.  The standard RFE allows 84 days from the day the letter is dated for you to submit additional evidence.  It is outlined in the Adjudicator Manual, so everyone gets the same amount of turn around time to USCIS.

How long it takes after RFE is submitted is indeed different for everyone.

i was specifically given 2 weeks based on the RFE letter. That was a stressful time because like you stated the standard RFE is 84 days. I came to this board seeking advice. There was someone on this forum who am very thankful for because they gave me really good advice on what to submit. 

Edited by lizette1121622

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/25/2019 at 10:52 AM, Amhara said:

It’s going to be a headache.  I will note that USPS informed delivery has given me notifications of items that haven’t been delivered.  Regardless, the USCIS failed to use the updated address.  They need to get a new card sent to you, but I believe they are going to require some waiting time.  They are not keen to send a new one unless they receive the first one back in the mail.  Keep us posted!

Today after almost two anguishing weeks after card being delivered to wrong address, I was able to collect it. According to the person where the card was supposedly delivered to, it was placed today (Sunday) in his mail slot and the envelope was already open. This suggests the card wasn’t even delivered to the address on the enevelope. Anyway, he was nice enough to text me and let me know he had it. Card was intact and still stuck to the letter it comes in with. 

Now I need to call USCIS and let them know of this turn of events. 

@Amhara thanks for providing support, at least to hear my venting when I was frustrated. 

On another note, my husband went for his biometrics appointment this past Thursday for his N400. One step closer to it all being over.

Good luck to those still on the waiting game.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have received the RFE letter. My wife and I do not have any joint ownership of property, comingling of assets, funds, and liability. What should I send for those? We have moved to another place after filling, should I send the new lease? 

Had my I-751 interview today and was approved on the spot. Got notification that 10-year card was ordered an hour after interview. Waiting for oath ceremony in May as well since I already had my N-400 interview at the beginning of this year. Seeing the end of this journey finally!

(About today's interview, the office said they only had to call me and my spouse in because my N-400 application triggered the sending of my I-751 file to the local office; would have been approved with interview waiver by VSC staff otherwise. Literally didn't ask us anything other than to confirm our names and DoB and our child's name and DoB. Since we are traveling to Canada at the end of this week, he gave me an I-551 stamp in my passport for three months and took my CR green card.)

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
3 hours ago, SilverWind said:

I have received the RFE letter. My wife and I do not have any joint ownership of property, comingling of assets, funds, and liability. What should I send for those? We have moved to another place after filling, should I send the new lease? 

New and old leases if you have them. That’s super important. Or proof that your lease application was approved  and maybe some copies of how you paid for it. Like checks. Our house is only under my husband therefore I didn’t have proof but luckily I found an old lease approval from back in 2010 when we first moved in together. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 hours ago, BarbaraL said:

New and old leases if you have them. That’s super important. Or proof that your lease application was approved  and maybe some copies of how you paid for it. Like checks. Our house is only under my husband therefore I didn’t have proof but luckily I found an old lease approval from back in 2010 when we first moved in together. 

I submitted the old lease already. I will send them the new lease with new address this time. I am trying to add my wife's name to electricity bill so we have 2 utility bills with both names on. The things we missed to send are child birth certificate ( we do not have any kid yet), and the joint ownership of property, assets. Hopefully other things can be enough. *sigh*

Finally got an update on our case, card is being produced! NOA date early December 2017 at CSC. Case was never transferred, it was stuck in "transfer to local office' glitch status and we did not file N400 yet (waiting on the Germans). 

7 minutes ago, LTGermany said:

Finally got an update on our case, card is being produced! NOA date early December 2017 at CSC. Case was never transferred, it was stuck in "transfer to local office' glitch status and we did not file N400 yet (waiting on the Germans). 

Congratulations. whats your first few # ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.